Match Thread: Banik Ostrava v Celtic - kickoff 5pm Celtic Park Time - all comments here

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Celtic continue their pre-season preparations in Austria against Banik Ostrava. After Saturday evening’s 3-3 draw with Rapid Vienna, Ange Postecoglou will hope that his team will continue to get minutes under their belt as they get set up for a return to Paradise. English Championship side Blackburn Rovers arrive as the opposition on Saturday and you would expect that this evening’s game against the Czech Premier League side.

A decent crowd is expected as Ostrava enjoys its Centenary celebrations. The Scottish Champions are the headliner in the Městský stadion Ostrava.

Team News​

Ange Postecoglou will spread the game time across his squad. It was a strong starting XI that was put out against Rapid but there were 21 players involved during the game. A number of players will hope for the opportunity to impress the manager and stake a claim gor a place in the squad moving forward.

Josip Juranovic and Tony Ralston will return to the mix after missing the games so far. Osaze Urhoghide has played the last two fixtures. The ex-Sheffield Wednesday defender was partially at fault for the first Rapid goal and will likely drop out in place of Ange’s preferred options.

Kick-Off Time​

The game kicks off at 5pm, Celtic Park time.

Where to Watch​

The game will be shown on Celtic TV, with coverage starting shortly before the game kicks off.

Celtic face Blackburn on Saturday before Wednesday”s trip to Poland to face Legia Warsaw. After this game for Artur Boruc, Celtic face Norwich City the following Saturday.

COYBIG

I think it will be a tough game. Baník don't play 'friendlies' so expect them to be all in! Pre-season kicks off their centenary season so they will not be up for losing this match. I am gutted that I won't be there as I have tickets, but the last train back to Prague leaves ten minutes after the game ends....and away fans are kept in for 30 minutes until home fans disperse.....and I have work tomorrow 😶.
I hope the bhoys travelling to the game stay safe. Baník fans are 'passionate'....and away fans often get hurt!

I think it will be a tough game. Baník don't play 'friendlies' so expect them to be all in! Pre-season kicks off their centenary season so they will not be up for losing this match. I am gutted that I won't be there as I have tickets, but the last train back to Prague leaves ten minutes after the game ends....and away fans are kept in for 30 minutes until home fans disperse.....and I have work tomorrow 😶.
I hope the bhoys travelling to the game stay safe. Baník fans are 'passionate'....and away fans often get hurt!
C’mon pull a sickie for the bhoys 😎
HH

Think this might be the toughest game of our pre season.
We're the ' big club ' for their centenary and sounds like a full stadium.
A good test though it seems this match is more important to them.
We deserved the win in Vienna , hopefully we can get the win this afternoon
HH COYBIG 🍀

Always looking out for new words big fella im pretty sure i can fit in wobblegobs somewhere today in armadale 😄
Erinaceous, it means like or relating to a hedgehog!
So if you should meet someone with a pointy noise and beady eyes you can fire in with "you're looking quite erinaceous today my good man" (standard Armadale chat)
And if he should be a bit of a prick so much the better! 🦔

Erinaceous, it means like or relating to a hedgehog!
So if you should meet someone with a pointy noise and beady eyes you can fire in with "you're looking quite erinaceous today my good man" (standard Armadale chat)
And if he should be a bit of a prick so much the better! 🦔
Here dear fellow( the crackpot way all the flag poles🤬) i must say sir that your looking very shall i say erinaceous today sir 🤣🤣🤣

Members online

Latest posts

Back