Match Thread: Banik Ostrava v Celtic - kickoff 5pm Celtic Park Time - all comments here

Only got to see the first half but was impressed by what I did see ( early goal conceded aside).
I've been a bit worried about the loss of rogic and tbh havent been convinced of Orileys consistency to replace him but hes fairly proving theres nothing to worry about.
Forrest is just a brilliant player when his fitness and confidence is high.
Weve got some outstanding attacking ability in the side but still we insist on Hart being a defender, one who plays DMF a lot and we will get caught by better sides with this high risk ( and high benefit if it works) approach. I'd like us not to chance that against say Barcelona or Juventus type sides, spfl fair enough.
Really good , things to improve on always but we'd have been hammered at that stadium a few seasons back HH

Ange's post match thoughts, the goals and some Celtic Star photos from today's game.

Banik Ostrava 2-4 Celtic: Errors then exciting football from Celtic...

If we can keep Giakoumakis and Kyogo fit throughout the season nothing that scum across at the cheathateclub can do to compete. Their growling hero Alfie has wanted away since season two. No cant wants him but still the fat basta is their favourite. ..says it all really.
Keep him here I say ...red cards and sitters galore el fecking duffalo 😁🇮🇪💚

Most pleasing for myself to see yesterday was how much more controlled and disciplined our high press play was, and some very intelligent play also with winning the ball back quickly.
Very much part of today's game and when it works well takes so much pressure off the defensive line, and we made ourselves very hard to play through yesterday except when Mccarthy and Johnson came on, but that's to be expected also with players unsuitable to playing a midfield 3 in the manner Ange is looking for.
Been many calls for a DM, myself included, no longer so sure that that type of player is really in the plans of Ange as such at the moment.
Guchi looks like a much better player in the role of calmac than in the role of O'Reilly imo, so maybe there could still be room within the squad still for the more attack minded midfielder, with a good work ethic and able to keep possession with picking out decent passes and all done at a very high tempo also.
Nearly all of our current midfield players seems to fit that profile now and can't see Ange wanting to change that anytime soon either imo.

What impressed me is how we coped with the big full stadium party atmosphere.
Many a Celtic side wouldve crumbled upon losing the early goal away.
Hopefully this Ange Celtic side will bring back a Celtic side capable of performing under pressure away from home in Europe.
Something that's been our Achilles heel since WGS left.
If we can get back to European fortress CP and do well away from home we will be a side to be reckoned with.
It might be too early for this 2nd season in but the signs are positive

What impressed me is how we coped with the big full stadium party atmosphere.
Many a Celtic side wouldve crumbled upon losing the early goal away.
Hopefully this Ange Celtic side will bring back a Celtic side capable of performing under pressure away from home in Europe.
Something that's been our Achilles heel since WGS left.
If we can get back to European fortress CP and do well away from home we will be a side to be reckoned with.
It might be too early for this 2nd season in but the signs are positive
There was 2 dodgy moments early on. The goal obv' and when Hart was caught out of his box, that could have easily been a goal too. However there didnt seem to be any panic spreading through the team, as if they knew we were better and it was just a matter of time, which proved to be the case.
I was impressed by the way we moved the ball quickly from back to front, transition Ange calls it.
I mentioned last night how seem to have cut out the side to side passing, but give the home side their due they came out to play as it was their Centenary game and wanted to win.
CL and even SPFL games will different. At home Scottish teams will park the bus and European teams will see us playing some of the best teams in the World so it will up to us to raise our game.
I believe Ange has instilled a confidence in his system of play that the players are now fully in tune with. Its going to be an exciting Season. HH

There was 2 dodgy moments early on. The goal obv' and when Hart was caught out of his box, that could have easily been a goal too. However there didnt seem to be any panic spreading through the team, as if they knew we were better and it was just a matter of time, which proved to be the case.
I was impressed by the way we moved the ball quickly from back to front, transition Ange calls it.
I mentioned last night how seem to have cut out the side to side passing, but give the home side their due they came out to play as it was their Centenary game and wanted to win.
CL and even SPFL games will different. At home Scottish teams will park the bus and European teams will see us playing some of the best teams in the World so it will up to us to raise our game.
I believe Ange has instilled a confidence in his system of play that the players are now fully in tune with. Its going to be an exciting Season. HH
Always felt brim that we needed 2 formations,
1) To deal with where we are so dominant in possession of the football within the SPFL
2) To deal with European football when we have far less possession
The difference in quality still remains vast and maybe other Scottish teams might start to change their approach to help close the gap that still exists between the 2 still.
We however are now starting to play a brand of football that will be able to counter the 2 now, and with a squad developing to be able to tackle both ventures in a far better manner than we have done in many a long season still imo.
The game has become so tactical these days with it becoming easier to define strengths and weakness within a team, but OK knowing what a team intends to do, another matter trying to stop it still.
Handing up possession to a team is normal enough these days as teams can be very well coached without the football still, but playing against us within the SPFL and not handing up huge chances against ourselves still remains a near impossible task for any team in Scotland still, so we get more clinical, we win far easier than in too many games last season, and believe we will.
Still remain open at times without the football for european competition still imo, but yet think we will improve no end in the coming season to make us more competitive in Europe imo, how successful it will be, remains to be seen.
Regardless I would rather still keep intact our approach to how the game can be played, than opting for a tactical approach the scum used last season and trying to claim the shit was so successful.
Handle the physical and bully boy tactics of the scum and they have fuck all to offer, and believe this will still be highlighted within the CL qualifying games and even more so in the SPFL next season.
It's no surprise they have to depend upon pens so much as remain a very average team still with many other teams within the SPFL could target to overcome, if they have the stones to do so.
Everyone still knows that we remain by far the best football team in Scotland still and the approach from any team playing against us and the scum will still remain vastly different, cue the importance of a cheating mib

Members online

Latest posts

Back