Media

When we spent and brought in guys like Sutton. Hartson,Thomson we ended up in Seville.
It was also unsustainable and the losses we were incurring would have led us to the same destination as deodco.

This was being done for short-term huge losses as the board believed we had an excellent chance of being invited to join the big money league down in England. This door was then slammed shut in our faces, hence the need for Strachan to slash our wage bill from 2005/06 season onwards.

To try that nowadays where clubs have much bigger squad sizes and there is so much more money in other leagues means we'd have to pay £10m's for similar level players to those you've mentioned (plus very high salaries).

Having said that, a bit of investment using our profits from the last few years is definitely sensible.

It was also unsustainable and the losses we were incurring would have led us to the same destination as deodco.

This was being done for short-term huge losses as the board believed we had an excellent chance of being invited to join the big money league down in England. This door was then slammed shut in our faces, hence the need for Strachan to slash our wage bill from 2005/06 season onwards.

To try that nowadays where clubs have much bigger squad sizes and there is so much more money in other leagues means we'd have to pay £10m's for similar level players to those you've mentioned (plus very high salaries).

Having said that, a bit of investment using our profits from the last few years is definitely sensible.
We can afford one roll of the dice given the riches it could bring.

Spending big for proven talent is a gamble worth taking if you think about it. We MUST win 9 and that gives us a crack at champions league and better equipped. I honestly believe it's shit or bust with sevco. Another financial meltdown would surely follow.🍀
They have gone all in. We should have too and pushed them into serious financial trouble by giving them nothing for it. They still have fuck all, but for us to ensure that delightful state of affairs continues, requires a response as big as losing 9iar and the £60m jackpot that would replenish in spades what needs to be done now.

As I have already said I don't trust our board to throw a fucking punch, never mind getting stuck in with the heed as well. I hope they realise who and what will be blamed if their reluctance to break a pound note continues, especially after watching the last two games where our number was guessed and we were humbled.

It's time, in fact it's long by the time a reaction is required. Even letting them close the gap on IOU's is fucking shameful and if we collapse and 9 is lost through this complacency virus we have, the board better go into fucking hiding. Time to ante up or fuck off right now if you don't have the balls for a fight. I hope they choose to fight.

Spending big for proven talent is a gamble worth taking if you think about it. We MUST win 9 and that gives us a crack at champions league and better equipped. I honestly believe it's shit or bust with sevco. Another financial meltdown would surely follow.🍀
if the players are actually better and the wages are affordable though

For example

how much would Chris Sutton cost today if we buy from Chelsea and what wages would you expect him to get? Assuming everything else is kept constant with the deal to sign him then.

They have gone all in. We should have too and pushed them into serious financial trouble by giving them nothing for it. They still have fuck all, but for us to ensure that delightful state of affairs continues, requires a response as big as losing 9iar and the £60m jackpot that would replenish in spades what needs to be done now.

As I have already said I don't trust our board to throw a fucking punch, never mind getting stuck in with the heed as well. I hope they realise who and what will be blamed if their reluctance to break a pound note continues, especially after watching the last two games where our number was guessed and we were humbled.

It's time, in fact it's long by the time a reaction is required. Even letting them close the gap on IOU's is fucking shameful and if we collapse and 9 is lost through this complacency virus we have, the board better go into fucking hiding. Time to ante up or fuck off right now if you don't have the balls for a fight. I hope they choose to fight.
Can't argue with you TV. We need to do something enmass to get the boards attention. Perhaps before a home match with shitloads of pyros😂

if the players are actually better and the wages are affordable though

For example

how much would Chris Sutton cost today if we buy from Chelsea and what wages would you expect him to get? Assuming everything else is kept constant with the deal to sign him then.
our turnover is relative to the time difference. We CAN afford to have a small gamble for the bigger picture.

our turnover is relative to the time difference. We CAN afford to have a small gamble for the bigger picture.
its not relative though

We were miles over budget then and when it had to be cut back it was the board should be going deeper in a hole

We are currently over budget

we sold Tierney and that probably just covers the failure to get CL

So selling at record prices just keeps us floating along

How do you get guaranteed returns on even more expensive players when we aren't even making huge returns with current sell policy?

Bit off a snide question TET no for stevie tae answer unless he’s taking over a million outa the club 🤔
What is snide about it?

Am I missing something here.

They are way over budget having dumped 100 million less than decade ago

they have money coming in that is unaccountable and debts and balance sheet that dont add up

And they are still paying less than us.

So how much more do we need to spend in your opinion?

And who are these players who will be better and what wages?

What is snide about it?

Am I missing something here.

They are way over budget having dumped 100 million less than decade ago

they have money coming in that is unaccountable and debts and balance sheet that dont add up

And they are still paying less than us.

So how much more do we need to spend in your opinion?

And who are these players who will be better and what wages?
The snide bit is asking a guy who’s not employed at Celtic to justify his opinion about wages costs his fuckin opinion not the facts the way you portray them noticed you take the nip very easy TET maybe you should huv that break your always threatening or am I missing something cunt

in 2000 celtic wage bill was close to wage bill of mid ranking premier league clubs

So Suttons, Lennon, Thompson, Hartson et al didn't need to drop that much wage wise to come celtic

20 years later Celtic wage bill is mid range championship levels and we are trying to compete with teams who can pay 20 times per player what we can pay in CL

So what's relative about the growing gap in finances?

West Ham took in 170M last season, no trophies, obscurity and 120 million more in one season mostly from sky tv more than celtic before European add ons.

So are West Ham players on 100k per week good enough to upgrade celtic?

Or are we wanting bigger wage players than that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back