Mika the Cop

sad day Sandman.
Not only sad, Michael, pretty disrespectful too.

It's hard to know if it's a football decision, or a financial decision, but what he might not quite bring to the pitch - he certainly made up for in personality and team morale.

I hope we don't live to regret this, but in the bleak midwinter when players drop like flies, it's the Mika's of this world that stand up and be counted.

Seems a bit odd considering there is no imminent arrival to take his place, but whatever happens - the big fella fully deserves our gratitude for his efforts.

Not only sad, Michael, pretty disrespectful too.

It's hard to know if it's a football decision, or a financial decision, but what he might not quite bring to the pitch - he certainly made up for in personality and team morale.

I hope we don't live to regret this, but in the bleak midwinter when players drop like flies, it's the Mika's of this world that stand up and be counted.

Seems a bit odd considering there is no imminent arrival to take his place, but whatever happens - the big fella fully deserves our gratitude for his efforts.
hope tae phuq our club isnae becomin a business,ah'm no a feckin customer!!!,pretty sad the way mad Mika's leavin,could have used his experience,especially this comin season.

You hit the nail on the head, SP. There are a few, or maybe several, intangibles that some athletes bring to a club that are not always relevant on the stat sheet. Despite maybe losing a step (though I think he was pretty brilliant this season), Lustig brought a lot to the club on and off the field and I think he deserved another year or more.

Hail Hail, Mikael. Forever Celtic.

lustig1.png

You hit the nail on the head, SP. There are a few, or maybe several, intangibles that some athletes bring to a club that are not always relevant on the stat sheet. Despite maybe losing a step (though I think he was pretty brilliant this season), Lustig brought a lot to the club on and off the field and I think he deserved another year or more.

View attachment 3270
2 to go and he would have scored a potential perfect ten not out and a testimonial.

View attachment 3270
Memorable pic that. ?

If we haven't signed a starting right back well before the first leg of our first qualifier then I think that might be the most damning indictment of our transfer "strategy" so far. And that's really saying something, to quote Bananarama.

Sarajevo will be tough enough - after Red Imps we can't take anyone lightly - but we could have been playing the Polish champions had the draw gone against us. Without a starting right back. Terrifying.

There's still time, let's get our number one target in this week. No more excuses.

Lustig will go down as a cult hero, a really good player who improved us significantly when he was on the pitch and gave us some great moments. Much respect to him.

This seems a bit arse about elbow letting him go with no replacement. One of the senior players his influence will be missed. I think Ralston is still a season or two away from being our right back if ever. I'm not a pessimist but I am getting a little anxious at the lack of activity (perceived at least) where it comes to incoming players. It's going to be a difficult task to replace lustig with a player who can go on to be as successful he was. Loved it when he scored vs Aberdeen the header. HH

JOSEFIN LUSTIG has told her online followers she cried for a week after her husband told her that their Celtic and Glasgow adventure was over.
Lustig confirmed his Celtic exit on Wednesday evening via Instagram but the defender has known for a little while his time at the club was up.
Mikael Lustig’s emotional message has been followed up by his wife, who is also trying to adjust to the news they have to move on.
“Its been a tough time lately. We are moving and I wasn’t prepared for it.” Josefin wrote in her blog.
“Its been a lot harder than I thought it would be. Things can move quickly in this life.

Mikael Lustig vows to return for ’10 in a row party’ as he confirms Celtic exit
“But we have been in Glasgow for 7.5 years so its been tough to get used to the thought of us leaving.
“Didn’t get that much time to get used to it and prepare either. I cried every day for a week after Mikael told me.
“I’m exhausted. Its really taken a lot of energy.”

Back