Mon the Mariners

As someone who grew up playing the sport, the truth lies somewhere in between. To be honest, I don't follow it anymore, and the only reason I ever looked at the M's was because I saw Ichiro play when I lived in Japan and he was a phenomenal player back than and also with Seattle.

But someone said it best earlier: At least it's not cricket.

Ive got an ichiro 51 t-shirt 😂😂

I Was lucky enough to see him play (alongside Griffey jr)for the Mariners against the Yankees in New York in 2009

Ive got an ichiro 51 t-shirt 😂😂
Fun fact: While I was living in Japan in the late '90s, my then-wife and I considered naming our soon-to-be-born child Ichiro, not so much for the ballplayer but because the name roughly translates to "first son" from Japanese. As it turned out, we had a daughter, so no Ichiro.

He was a hell of a ballplayer on both sides of the Pacific. So wear that shirt with pride!

I only ever went to baseball once. I went with Dee and her sister and her sisters workmates. It was in 2002 in San Francisco. I went to the bar and the barman asked if I was Irish, I said no I’m Scottish. He then asked what team I supported and I told him Celtic. He lifted his jersey and revealed a Celtic 2001 League Champions T shirt. He then gave the drinks for free. Couldna believe it. Fenians at the baseball.
I have to say though I think baseball is the most boring spectator sport going. The whole razzamataz around the games and the crowd and atmosphere make it worthwhile.
I tell Americans…..it fuckin roonders, one of the few games boys and girls play on the same side at school.

I was in Larrys neck o the woods yesterday in Santa Cruz at the beach watching surfers and that.
Went to the fair and my niece won a football. Loads o folk had tried to win it. Up steps a wee lassie fae Alyth and fires it right through the hole. A big cheer went up and people were clapping and high fiving Cailidh. What a day we had.

Attachments

• E1F0C010-BCAD-4708-89A9-DB7FFE5463AE.jpeg
    E1F0C010-BCAD-4708-89A9-DB7FFE5463AE.jpeg
    844.8 KB · Views: 8
View attachment 20412

Biggest sporting event of the year...waited 21 years for this shit!!! On BT3 if anyone interested 😂😂
Went to a Bluejays game in Toronto while visiting my sister-in-law and her family. What a way to watch live sport!!!!
put your hand up and 16-17 yr old will come and take your order and deliver beer,food,wine or juice to your seat. You could even order a table for dinner while watching the game.
Only problem was, I'm not sure it could called LIVE sport 'cause it was DEAD boring.

My first live Baseball game was Red Sox V Yankees at Fenway - Pedro V David Cone. But many other legends played that night; Nomar, Mo Vaughn, Jeter, Bernie Williams and Mariano Riverra are the names that spring to mind. I was also at Jonathan Papelbon's last game in Boston, Ortiz was playing too and David Price beat the Blue Jays on my last trip to Fenway.

Talking about weird sports a couple of weeks ago on BT sports there was an American sport on,
Basically it was throwing a bean bag through a hole in a plank of wood
Comon Marky that was an Accountant’s
Meeting at Ipox that was the lights money if it went through the hole 🕳 they stayed oan 😂😂

HH 😂

I was in Larrys neck o the woods yesterday in Santa Cruz at the beach watching surfers and that.
Went to the fair and my niece won a football. Loads o folk had tried to win it. Up steps a wee lassie fae Alyth and fires it right through the hole. A big cheer went up and people were clapping and high fiving Cailidh. What a day we had.
Rats, Richyboy! Wish I had known you were here, I would have liked to have showed you around a bit (or at least given you free parking). Hope you liked the Boardwalk, and hope you enjoyed your stay in our neck of the woods.

Rats, Richyboy! Wish I had known you were here, I would have liked to have showed you around a bit (or at least given you free parking). Hope you liked the Boardwalk, and hope you enjoyed your stay in our neck of the woods.

I was on a schedule set by my in laws Larry. Every minute of this trip has been planned. (We don’t have a car) I have been in Carmel Valley for a week and am now off to Coarsegold at Yosemite. I will be in Palo Alto next weekend before our flight to Dublin. Let me know if ye can make Palo Alto next weekend and I will take you for a beer Larry. (We will be back in December too).
Funny you and Marky posting about “Cornhole”. They have it here at this hotel.
I have been pummelled at this game by the wife and my niece all week!

Back