Most enjoyable Celtic team this century?

Most enjoyable team to watch

• Seville team

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Invincibles

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Current team

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Changed my vote after Bellshill put me right. For the sheer skill and speed we enjoy watching right now it has to be Ange's team. It's on a level I've never witnessed before in all my years watching Celtic. Early days yes but if we can keep hold of Ange and keep building the sky's the limit for us. The football we play is up there with the best Europe can offer.

I went for the seville team but who's to say after a year it may be this team remember the conference Cup has never been played for before, and celtic have a good habit off doing just that first time in the European Cup we win it, the coronation Cup the, empire exhibition trophy, what was that gold Cup we won in the centenary year when we beat Liverpool for the champions off Britain cup, and the conference Cup final 25 may coincidence, I'll have a bit off that get Albania booked up early

A difficult question. The run to Seville provided some of my favourite moments. The Invicibles provided so many wonderful hunskelping moments. The current side has had some breathtaking halves of amazing exciting football. I think it is too early just now to vote for Ange's team but if they continue on their incredible trajectory and start delivering trophies then they may well be the best side to watch so far this century.

Probably Seville edge it for me at this moment, but they have all been brilliant.

Voted the Seville team this currant team I think could do very well in Europe next year ideally we play 6 champs league games then drop in europa and win it😎 but until then its henrik&co the joy that team gave was incalculable but ange's team are playing better looking football could very well be one of the best teams we've seen but wee bit too early the now

Difficult question
I was fortunate to see the lions and for me as a young teenager they underpinned my love of Celtic with my dad at my side.
However it was a long time ago.
I enjoyed the success if not, to be honest, the style of MO’N s team.
However as recently as last night I told my wife ( who was pretending to be interested) that the enjoyment I am getting from watching this Celtic team play is actually as good as I can remember ( what day is it ?😂) so under the question of enjoy rather than the best Celtic team I have gone with this one.
Again maybe an age thing but I have seen Celtic win cups and leagues and while I still want success equally I want a buzz of excitement, football that gets you out of your seat, Ange is delivering it in spades. I just hope he wins the league in this style.
HH

I was also fortunate to see the lions 'live' on TV winning the Big Cup......Being a Celtic Supporter at that time was incredible......Highly probable.... the best team on the planet......just imagine that for a sec....Celtic the best team in the world.......I also was buzzing with MON's team, and especially with Larsson.....we had a world class player who turned it on...every game....I just wished we had won the Europa Final......but wasn't to be......This present team with Angie, I must say. looks like a team that can go places......It's the kind of team that will make Celtic Park a fortress again.... on CL nights.....I just hope Angie can 'go all the way' for our younger generation to absorb 'that feeling' once again......

This Team is getting there and play some fanfuckingtastic Football and I’m pretty sure the stuff we’re watching now will only get better.
Loved the Seville team big strong and scored some Fantastic goals.
The Snakes side were the current benchmark a set of records that will never be broken and NFL gets some of the credit
His Teams played some decent Football as well.
But my top 2 are Tommy Burns his side was magnificent the style was eye watering
And Ange has his Team playing the same way and when he gets there then he’ll get ahead of oor Tommy’s Team.
And I know it’s obvious Lions enuff said.
We have a manager now who when speaking is to me the Modern day Equivalent of the Immortal Mr John Stein.
if Ange gets there the ride will be EPIC
And there will be Ice Cream and Jelly and loads of Silver.
Great Idea John no 👏
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀
Same for me Tommy Burns team and this one

I wonder who's the worst team we've witnessed? Mowbrays? Barnes? Last year's?
Wee Luigi's team was pretty feckin woeful, Brim. Who can forget the star quality of Carl Muggleton, Wayne Biggins and Wullie Falconer?

My heart broke for Paul McStay at that time. He had had decent opportunities to leave before Lou turned up and you could see the burden on his shoulders throughout that era.

In fairness to Lou, he might have been a shit manager, but he gets kudos for his works with the homeless and in mental health.

Hellish time to be a Celtic fan though.

Wee Luigi's team was pretty feckin woeful, Brim. Who can forget the star quality of Carl Muggleton, Wayne Biggins and Wullie Falconer?

My heart broke for Paul McStay at that time. He had had decent opportunities to leave before Lou turned up and you could see the burden on his shoulders throughout that era.

In fairness to Lou, he might have been a shit manager, but he gets kudos for his works with the homeless and in mental health.

I completely agree SP, but I was trying to keep it to this century as in the original plot of the thread.

I've no idea who can forget Carl, Wayne, and Wullie......but know a bloke who wid like tae !

Last edited:
I completely agree SP, but I was trying to keep it to this century as in the original plot of the thread.
On that note, Brim - I have to say that MON's last season finished on a pretty low note. It's not that the team were bad, but it looked like we lacked a bit of lustre and then tried to bring in some big names on big money to compensate for losing Henrik.

The last few games were shocking, mate.....humped at home by Hibs and then THAT game at Fir Park.

As I said, far from the worst team to wear The Hoops, but pretty disappointing to end the way it did.

Has to be the Seville side for me, the level of football and quality of players we had at that time, the sides we were beating along the way, the style of how it was achieved all coming together was breathtakingly outstanding there literally was no side in Europe we couldnt take and no side wanted drawn against us. Tommy burns Celtic, this Ange Celtic side, Rodgers hunskelkpers, WGS fighters, lennys 1st stint celtic were all sides that delivered great excitement in different ways but nothing in my lifetime of following Celtic ( so far) has been as exciting as that run to Seville and the quality on display in that side was just ridiculous so many world class players before getting to Larsson and crushing the english twice , unforgettable and exciting to reminisce about even more incredible is we won nothing that year but respect , we were a real force in Europe again. This side I've high hopes for first trophy in the cabinet is fantastic and a good showing in a tough European group a great start with great style on show. The rebuilding is still in its early stages and that's also exciting, we look and it feels like were a club on an upwards trajectory , win this title for a crack at the champions league proper and that seemed a step too far not long ago so this is going to be an exciting run in. Great question johnno HH

Back