My team would be...

Barkas
Frimpong Welsh El Hamed Laxalt
Christie Brown MacGregor Turnbull
Griffiths Klamala

2-0 Brown (3)
think I would have barkas

el hamed ajar duffy Taylor flat back 4 with emphasis on defense
frimpong christie bitton calmac laxalt with bitton holding and christie cal staying in middle of park with rm lm supporting striker

and Griffiths or Ajeti through middle up top

4 1 4 1

stay narrow with short sharp passes unless space opens on flank for wingers to chase into

think I would have barkas

el hamed ajar duffy Taylor flat back 4 with emphasis on defense
frimpong christie bitton calmac laxalt with bitton holding and christie cal staying in middle of park with rm lm supporting striker

and Griffiths or Ajeti through middle up top

4 1 4 1

stay narrow with short sharp passes unless space opens on flank for wingers to chase into

Or just bench the lot and play the development squad who actually want to play.

Or just bench the lot and play the development squad who actually want to play.
I think they all want to play

the system is too spread out for our range and certain players covering too much space and too many rammed too far away right on shoulders of the opposition

we need a functioning midfield that doesn't need to play full back when opps get attack on wings

the cbs need full backs much closer and defending pprimarily

that would allow midfield to control middle moving forward as 6 man attack with 1 of centre mids holding 20 yards behind other 2 or tracking. their playmaker if he finding space but I doubt he gets past 4 defenders and a holding mid

cal and christie with license to get beyond griff and split their channels open if ball goes wide for attack with bitton hanging round their 30 yard line if we have strong attack and 4 man defence covering counter threats

gives our forwards room to pick runs and drag their defence around rather than allowing to statically hold their position with us all crammed up against them

and all 5 midfielder track back into our half to start attacks with shorter options and triangular encroachment into their half as a unit hoping they come too close for space balls to wings for our speed to test their defence on turn

Am a wee bit faird....if we get beat..and lets be honest here...theres a chance we wont win....a draw would be a defeat....I would feel sorry for Neil....but as we all agree on ... No one is bigger than Celtic
Too true,but it's not just about Lenny the players in the team on Sunday must step up big time,so far the manager and one or two others have been deemed guilty of failure but the same could of been said of most,the team against Motherwell must prove that the shirts fit now if not It will be January soon and I hope the Club takes the right action

Sunday should tell us who wants to be here for 10 or who wants to leave. If mwell decided to hold on for a nil nil we might have trouble breaking them down with one up.

However in Scotland I'm of a mind to let others worry about what we are going to do, mix it up a bit Celtic, instead of waiting till the 80th minute for a change of tactics, but ffs get the midfield working, on a tightly packed midfield Tom and Eli cancel each other out, the trifecta 3 dont compliment each other, Ryan on a wing is wasted, he will chase a lost cause, but is better in the middle, Frimpone is a good wingback but he is causing our centre back to come over and cover him leaving his own area vulnerable, play him on the rightside of midfield.

Anyhoo what do I know.

I would play a 442 formation but Neil wont, so I think it will be 451.

Barkas.

Elhamed Duffy Nir Laxalt.

Frimpone Broonie Calmac Ryan Eli.

Eddie..

2 nil the hoops a Griff Double. 🙄

Sunday should tell us who wants to be here for 10 or who wants to leave. If mwell decided to hold on for a nil nil we might have trouble breaking them down with one up.

However in Scotland I'm of a mind to let others worry about what we are going to do, mix it up a bit Celtic, instead of waiting till the 80th minute for a change of tactics, but ffs get the midfield working, on a tightly packed midfield Tom and Eli cancel each other out, the trifecta 3 dont compliment each other, Ryan on a wing is wasted, he will chase a lost cause, but is better in the middle, Frimpone is a good wingback but he is causing our centre back to come over and cover him leaving his own area vulnerable, play him on the rightside of midfield.

Anyhoo what do I know.

I would play a 442 formation but Neil wont, so I think it will be 451.

Barkas.

Elhamed Duffy Nir Laxalt.

Frimpone Broonie Calmac Ryan Eli.

Eddie..

2 nil the hoops a Griff Double. 🙄
thats a more solid looking team, but griff needs to be on the park to score the double and if he comes on at 70 minutes as usual its not a lot of time

If Lennon starts Brown tomorrow then we’ll know he is refusing to make the changes necessary for the team to develop. If Brown starts it is Lennon putting his loyalty to the captain (or his inability to make hard decisions) above the good of the club.
I know some of you will argue that Brown should start because “we’ll easily beat Motherwell.” I heard the same nonsense before Sparta.
If Motherwell are going to be such an easy touch then Lennon has no excuse giving Soro a start, and Turnbull another chance. Indeed, how many chances has Duffy been given?
I think this gets to the heart of the matter. Lennon is scared of experimenting because he knows he hasn’t a clue about tactics. By putting out the same veterans he can shift the blame to them when things go wrong.
Brown should be on the bench tomorrow, alongside Oli. Edouard should be dropped entirely until he shows double effort in training.
And on that issue of training, since Ajeti joined us I reckon I have shifted more weight and gained more muscle than him. I am not a professional athlete with access to world class training facilities 24/7. So could someone tell me why Ajeti is finding it so difficult to get in shape. Just what the hell is NL doing on a day to day basis with the players. I bet if you asked Juergen Klopp he could tell you the exact weight of each of his players, and he would know if they were gaining or losing. Lennon utterly lacks that aspect of professionalism. For Lenny, tactics are for others to worry about. So too is training it seems. I can’t think of one aspect of team management that Lennon is doing well at right now. Not one.

thats a more solid looking team, but griff needs to be on the park to score the double and if he comes on at 70 minutes as usual its not a lot of time
Can’t see how you can justify Eddie starting right now. Guy should be in the reserves until he loses a bit of weight and transforms his attitude. He is a total disgrace right now. Clearly does not give a damn about the team or the 10. Griff coming on and scoring was the sort of humiliation a lot of professionals would respond to. I don’t think Eddie could care less.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back