Motherwell v Champs, Sun 25-Feb-24 at noon. MIB=Gollum

Let's start this early so we can start to refocus on more positive things such as supporting the Champions. A tricky encounter coming up this weekend in an early kick-off, with Gollum no doubt desperate to prove to his LRA & Ludge friends that he hates the Tims as much as they do.

Hopefully BR and the coaching team will spend this week wisely overhauling our tactics, formation and practicing defending & attacking set-pieces. We cannot continue using the same system and players that simply have not performed well in the last couple of months. There is word that we may risk CCV for this match - I'd rather not, but it might be necessary to avoid us heading towards crisis point. I really hope we go 3-5-2, with Iwata in protecting the defence and starting play in a quarter-back style role. It might take him a couple of matches to get into a rhythm, but pushing CalMac further forward and adding more physicality into midfield is a smart move in my book.

Whatever formation, team selection, tactics and substitutions we chose to use then it only works if the players put in a shift for the whole match. So they had better roll up their sleeves and work hard to get a victory. 3 points is the most important aspect - if we improve our goal difference and/or turn on the style, then all the better. Mon the Hoops.
if the players put in a shift

I’ve been watching various games over the past couple of nights. But take one Liverpool and Luton. Forget Liverpool, Luton burst a gut all night, ok beaten by a better team but man they put in a shift. We seem to stroll around all over the park.
Just put in a shift Celts, we never stop anyone?
HH

Interesting take on things, WC. It's easy to see the thinking behind it. I think maybe I've over cooked my opinions on our wingers, so, perhaps best not to harp on about them.

However, given that we're not at paradise, and thinking that the steelmen will surely at least try to come out, perhaps a bit of pace on the flanks would be in order.

Opinions eh?..... What was it PLATO said? ..."Opinion is the medium between ignorance and knowledge".
Geez Frank, think that’s a first on the noise,quoting Plato!,
HH

On wingers.

Before playing a team you should find out if they are narrowing the field or widening the field. This can be vital before going with plan A or Plan B. Teams narrow their parks depending on the opposition.

The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).

I would seriously consider playing Forrest but I don't know our best 11 (not seen the past few games) I think we will win tho 2 or 3 goals to zero......rangers have probably the hardest game they could get at the moment against a good hearts team so with a bit of luck the bhoys could be on top come Sunday afternoon 🍀

Trying to decide to either go to Glasgow for the game or get train to largs as it closer then watch game then get half cut then decide to get train to Glasgow to listen to some party tunes 🍀 then listen to her moaning when I return home at night 🤣

Our attitude in this game on and off the park will determine how our season pans out.

If our players have the character and the fight to rise to the challenge we will know it.

If Brendan Rodgers has the faith or otherwise of the dressing room we will know it.

If Brendan Rodgers has his head in the game and tactically adjusts to what’s needed we will know it.

This game will very well define our season…

Time to try something different? (probably not!!!). IF CCV is not ready to start then begin with Nawrocki. I'd start Ralston instead of AJ.

Sorry Steviebhoy, but I'd maybe try Maeda more central beside Kyogo, with MOR in the no. 10 role behind them? I know Maeda has been awful this year, but he performs well for Japan in a more central role.

Iwata needs to start the next few games to give him a chance (let's not slaughter him and write him off if he struggles in his first game back as so often happens to players who are finally given a long-awaited start, especially when so many established stars have failed for to many games). This pushes CalMac further forward too, where is is more effective.

I'd also start Holm who likes to get stuck in, in the middle of the pitch. I know this makes us very narrow, but I see no point in playing wingers who don't cross well and if we don't have anyone in the middle to win the cross anyway.

Idah can come on later to score our winning penalty!

Any win will do!

lineup.png

Our attitude in this game on and off the park will determine how our season pans out.

If our players have the character and the fight to rise to the challenge we will know it.

If Brendan Rodgers has the faith or otherwise of the dressing room we will know it.

If Brendan Rodgers has his head in the game and tactically adjusts to what’s needed we will know it.

If he cuts and pastes we will ken it
Bite me

Ah knaw

HH😎

Can't see the Edinburgh huns taking points off them so 3 points is a must or its curtains for us imo!

Time to try something different? (probably not!!!). IF CCV is not ready to start then begin with Nawrocki. I'd start Ralston instead of AJ.

Sorry Steviebhoy, but I'd maybe try Maeda more central beside Kyogo, with MOR in the no. 10 role behind them? I know Maeda has been awful this year, but he performs well for Japan in a more central role.

Iwata needs to start the next few games to give him a chance (let's not slaughter him and write him off if he struggles in his first game back as so often happens to players who are finally given a long-awaited start, especially when so many established stars have failed for to many games). This pushes CalMac further forward too, where is is more effective.

I'd also start Holm who likes to get stuck in, in the middle of the pitch. I know this makes us very narrow, but I see no point in playing wingers who don't cross well and if we don't have anyone in the middle to win the cross anyway.

Idah can come on later to score our winning penalty!

Any win will do!

View attachment 25138
Whirs yir Dah you’ve nae Idah whit yir daein
Ya roaster

HH guid team thou

Trying to decide to either go to Glasgow for the game or get train to largs as it closer then watch game then get half cut then decide to get train to Glasgow to listen to some party tunes 🍀 then listen to her moaning when I return home at night 🤣
Glesga first..take in the game doon the merchant city,,celebrate 🍀get a few bevvies,then head hame way a curry to keep the face happy👍😎

BR at his press conference confirms CCV, AJ and Holm all fit and available for Sunday.
Hope he starts all 3. Play Holm as the deeper midfielder beside McGregor and push O'RIley up in support of Kyogo. Start with what should be our first pick back 4 of AJ, CCV, Nawrocki and Taylor, play Idah off one wing and draw the other winger out of a hat (they'll all be equally shite anyway).

Well thats good news I suppose...

So... Big Joe..

Tony CCV Scales Taylor..

IWATA CALMAC.

Maeda O'Riely Palma

Kyogo...

4231.... Wouldn't be upset if Idah starts though...

We need to speed it up a bit, and play the inside channel pass more often .. Turning their full backs... And we need the attacking mids to do what it says on the tin.

3 nuffin Celtic..

Palma Kyogo Idah..

Members online

Latest posts

Back