Movies and TV Series

DILLIGAF

I know some of you have Amazon and some Netflix, and there are some really good shows on both
Moreso, Amazon in my humble opinion
We watched Titus Welliver (he played Declan in SOns of Anarchy) another great show, but in BOSCH< he was outstanding, it's a series and well worth a watch
And I've started watched Brendan Gleeson in MR.MERCEDES, a Stephen King based series, it's gory in parts, in typical Stephen Kind fashion, but the storyline will get you hooked within the first couple of episodes
Love all the British Dramas and have seen most, if not all of them, Line of Duty, Silent Witness, everything by Helen Mirren of course, and SHETLAND, with the Michael Stewart lookalike, and the old ones, such as CRACKER etc
Anybody got any more I might have missed ?

Ozark - Netflix
Narcos & Narcos Mexico - Netflix
The Last Narc - Amazon. Tells the story Narcos Mexico avoids
on netflix there is a hidden gem called El Patron del Mal- the colombian version of narcos about pablo escobar

close to 70 episodes on his entire life

similar to narcos but the story has different timelines and is filled with actual footage of the main crimes flicking between actual news reels and the tv characters

most of the names of real people are changed a wee bit but i suspect the colombian tv series is closer to actual story than netflix

some of the actors in the colombian series got parts in narcos

obviously the big budget american special effects are bit better but i think the authenticity and the story line in the colombian series is better

goes into much closer details with the cartel members

The sad music is a bit annoying when its a funeral but generally i think its a real hidden gem- spanishsubtitles but so is parts of narcos

covers his life from youth to death

. As above Mindhunters is excellent, based on how the FBI developed psychological profiling.
The North Water is on BBC iplayer , no idea if on anywhere else but that too is really good.
11.22.63 is worth a watch too, though Im no sure what platform.
The Walking Dead, excellent.
And Game of Thrones if u haven’t already watched it, best thing I have ever watched on the small screen.

Just finished watching Flash Forward either on Netflix or Disney cant remember, decent story line about the whole world passing out for a couple of minutes and seeing their future self's life 6 months into the future, and the chaos that followed in the lead up to the date. 22 episodes, 22 episodes I think it was, but just the one series.

I know some of you have Amazon and some Netflix, and there are some really good shows on both
Moreso, Amazon in my humble opinion
We watched Titus Welliver (he played Declan in SOns of Anarchy) another great show, but in BOSCH< he was outstanding, it's a series and well worth a watch
And I've started watched Brendan Gleeson in MR.MERCEDES, a Stephen King based series, it's gory in parts, in typical Stephen Kind fashion, but the storyline will get you hooked within the first couple of episodes
Love all the British Dramas and have seen most, if not all of them, Line of Duty, Silent Witness, everything by Helen Mirren of course, and SHETLAND, with the Michael Stewart lookalike, and the old ones, such as CRACKER etc
Anybody got any more I might have missed ?
Got to agree. Bosch is the buiness. I also think The Blacklist is worth watching.

Chernobyl was one of the Best Things I’ve
Ever seen.
Burn Notice and Loved Hill St Blues back in the day.
I Tend to watch a load of Sci-Fi Bit of a Trekkie the latest one is Discovery
And love old Movies western and War films Jimmy Stewart John Wayne Burt Lancaster plays a pirate with his dumb Sidekick Crimson Pirate
War Wagon Glenn Miller Story
Shawshank, Green Mile Original Papillon

HH 🤔

The Wire, set in Baltimore details how drugs, money, corruption and violence affects every aspect of life there. 5 series altogether. ( 2nd series not the best but stick with it). Filmed in Baltimore and written by the crime reporter of the Baltimore Sun. Well worth watching. Ye will need subtitles for when the Baltimore schemies are talking. What a TV show it is. Best ever me thinks.

The Wire, set in Baltimore details how drugs, money, corruption and violence affects every aspect of life there. 5 series altogether. ( 2nd series not the best but stick with it). Filmed in Baltimore and written by the crime reporter of the Baltimore Sun. Well worth watching. Ye will need subtitles for when the Baltimore schemies are talking. What a TV show it is. Best ever me thinks.
Your bang on about the wire Richy. You were gutted when the final series ended 👍

Seen most of these talked about with my favourite being breaking bad...i quite like the Nordic and european dramas as well if you don't mind the subtitles.
Over the course of the year you'll get a number of them on BBC4 on a Saturday night 9pm or you can search on iplayer.
The Killing ..The Bridge...Twin (Big Tormund from GOT) ...The Valhalla murders....The girl with the dragon tattoo and many more. All worth a watch as an alternative to the mainstream stuff.

Seen most of these talked about with my favourite being breaking bad...i quite like the Nordic and european dramas as well if you don't mind the subtitles.
Over the course of the year you'll get a number of them on BBC4 on a Saturday night 9pm or you can search on iplayer.
The Killing ..The Bridge...Twin (Big Tormund from GOT) ...The Valhalla murders....The girl with the dragon tattoo and many more. All worth a watch as an alternative to the mainstream stuff.
100% Mag7
Seen them all
WALLANDER (the Swedish version with subtitles, as well) is epic

Members online

Latest posts

Back