Movies and TV Series

I never watched any of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones episodes, as it's not my 'thing' but appreciate that our tastes, are wide and varied
Never been into Stephen King stuff either, but remember watching CHRISTINE, which was 'different'
But Brendan Gleeson brings a lot of 'off the cuff' humour in his performance, as the retired police detective, going after the killer
I like crime dramas, war movies and the spy genre
Bodyguard was great, mind you with the leading man being from Elderslie, I expect nothing less :cool:

Vikings Valhalla on Netflix is a sequel to the original Vikings which started great but lost the plot altogether. Also The Last Kingdom is on Netflix with a new season coming in the next few days.
I love The Last Kingdom. I read a lot of historical fiction books and read the whole Bernard Cornwell series that the tv series is based on.

I'm surprised no-one mentioned Peaky Blinders or has everyone assumed that it goes without saying?

There were a couple of short series of BBC crime based in Edinburgh called Guilt which were decent.

Netflix's Rebellion starring Brian Gleeson is set in Dublin in 1916 about the Easter Uprising.

Broadchurch is good if you've never seen it.

Older series (made 15-20 years ago) worth watching are Life On Mars (the one set in Manchester in the early 1970s - not the terrible American remake) and the follow up set in early 1980s Ashes To Ashes are great for nostalgia as well as being excellent programmes.

I never watched any of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones episodes, as it's not my 'thing' but appreciate that our tastes, are wide and varied
Never been into Stephen King stuff either, but remember watching CHRISTINE, which was 'different'
But Brendan Gleeson brings a lot of 'off the cuff' humour in his performance, as the retired police detective, going after the killer
I like crime dramas, war movies and the spy genre
Bodyguard was great, mind you with the leading man being from Elderslie, I expect nothing less :cool:
The Walking Dead bored the arse off me for 2 series and never looked at it again. I watched the 1st series of Mr Mercedes and it was great but was gone after 1 or 2 episodes of the 2nd series as it all went supernatural from there.
If you haven't seen 'The Spy' on Netflix it's highly recommended but a bit of a Mossad puff piece nonetheless.
Frank Of Ireland on Amazon is a good laugh starring 2 of Brendan Gleason's sons with the inevitable cameo appearance.

Vikings Valhalla on Netflix is a sequel to the original Vikings which started great but lost the plot altogether. Also The Last Kingdom is on Netflix with a new season coming in the next few days.

Just started watching Vikings Valhalla!!
Watched every episode of Vikings......twice!!!
Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok
And Alex Høgh Andersen and Ivar the Boneless were 2 of the best actors I've ever seen.

The Walking Dead bored the arse off me for 2 series and never looked at it again. I watched the 1st series of Mr Mercedes and it was great but was gone after 1 or 2 episodes of the 2nd series as it all went supernatural from there.
If you haven't seen 'The Spy' on Netflix it's highly recommended but a bit of a Mossad puff piece nonetheless.
Frank Of Ireland on Amazon is a good laugh starring 2 of Brendan Gleason's sons with the inevitable cameo appearance.
The SPY was brilliant
Sacha Baron Cohen is such a great actor, a very articulate man
I'll have to look for Frank of Ireland, as I love Brendan Gleeson's work, so will check out anything he's involved in
BROADCHURCH was great, and we've watched a few of David Tennets series

I know some of you have Amazon and some Netflix, and there are some really good shows on both
Moreso, Amazon in my humble opinion
We watched Titus Welliver (he played Declan in SOns of Anarchy) another great show, but in BOSCH< he was outstanding, it's a series and well worth a watch
And I've started watched Brendan Gleeson in MR.MERCEDES, a Stephen King based series, it's gory in parts, in typical Stephen Kind fashion, but the storyline will get you hooked within the first couple of episodes
Love all the British Dramas and have seen most, if not all of them, Line of Duty, Silent Witness, everything by Helen Mirren of course, and SHETLAND, with the Michael Stewart lookalike, and the old ones, such as CRACKER etc
Anybody got any more I might have missed ?

Attachments

• eenqdt1akfmurzklse6q.jpg
    eenqdt1akfmurzklse6q.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 6
I know some of you have Amazon and some Netflix, and there are some really good shows on both
Moreso, Amazon in my humble opinion
We watched Titus Welliver (he played Declan in SOns of Anarchy) another great show, but in BOSCH< he was outstanding, it's a series and well worth a watch
And I've started watched Brendan Gleeson in MR.MERCEDES, a Stephen King based series, it's gory in parts, in typical Stephen Kind fashion, but the storyline will get you hooked within the first couple of episodes
Love all the British Dramas and have seen most, if not all of them, Line of Duty, Silent Witness, everything by Helen Mirren of course, and SHETLAND, with the Michael Stewart lookalike, and the old ones, such as CRACKER etc
Anybody got any more I might have missed ?
Minamata's a good watch and free on IMDB tv đź‘Ś

I watched this documentary over 10 years ago

Makes you wonder if he wasnt a loony who topped himself

He claimed that cia were trying to murder him and he killed himself after writing a suicide note.

Interesting documentary nonetheless if you never seen it

Back