My new Irish Passport, 'I first became aware of Europe as a concept in May 1967' - Did you have an Irish Grandparent?...

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Something a little bit different and I realise that it is not for everyone but it may be of use to some Celtic Supporters....My new Irish Passport, 'I first became aware of Europe as a concept in May 1967' - Did you have an Irish Grandparent?...

Hi Winning Captains..... yep my grandmother was Irish from Donegal but I have difficulty in getting the info that I need. I can’t trace a birth certificate for her, but I have her death certificate and have traced her grave in Glasgow in Dalmuir.
She emigrated to Boston Massachusetts where my father was born in 1910 before returning to Glasgow in 1912. I can not obtain a copy of my fathers birth certificate as the record office in Charlestown Boston Massachusetts was destroyed by fire many years ago and all records were lost. The only record if her being my fathers mother is an entry on the ship the Caledonian in 1912 showing her name and the name of her sons traveling with her to Glasgow.
So it seems impossible to get the necessary documentation.

Hi Winning Captains..... yep my grandmother was Irish from Donegal but I have difficulty in getting the info that I need. I can’t trace a birth certificate for her, but I have her death certificate and have traced her grave in Glasgow in Dalmuir.
She emigrated to Boston Massachusetts where my father was born in 1910 before returning to Glasgow in 1912. I can not obtain a copy of my fathers birth certificate as the record office in Charlestown Boston Massachusetts was destroyed by fire many years ago and all records were lost. The only record if her being my fathers mother is an entry on the ship the Caledonian in 1912 showing her name and the name of her sons traveling with her to Glasgow.
Oh dear ,sorry to hear that ,your story still makes very interesting reading ,good luck in the future ,hope you succeed in getting info ,!

Try this Greenghirl, fingers crossed for ye.

Back