New Celtic LED Signs

seems at odds that dying of natural causes can cost more than a pre-mediated murder
suppose its a bit like anything thats organic, left to grown naturally but adds a £1 to the price
Thats the States for ye. They see a tree blown over in a storm and they think "ye know what, I could turn that into flooring and it would be good for the environment". Here in Ireland if a tree is blown over in a storm, there's a queue a cunts with chainsaws lookin to warm their hole.

Thats the States for ye. They see a tree blown over in a storm and they think "ye know what, I could turn that into flooring and it would be good for the environment". Here in Ireland if a tree is blown over in a storm, there's a queue a cunts with chainsaws lookin to warm their hole.
Aye here in Scotland you'd get some feckin nutter trying to turn it intae a spitfire

Believe it or not, there's such a term in the states. Anyone looking to protect nature and the environment can buy fallen oak and the likes. Trees that die naturally instead of being chopped down. It's an outrageous price though. But you're right in what ye say, all be it a different type of dead wood!
Theres a big public park/ estate near me thats given me permission to take the chainsaw in and chop up any fallen trees, there's literally tonnes of it, mainly beech, its worth a shit load of money. I've just not got off my arse to do it yet, I'll wait till the weather is less poxy.

(Dont worry STG I won't murder any trees 🌳 😹)

Theres a big public park/ estate near me thats given me permission to take the chainsaw in and chop up any fallen trees, there's literally tonnes of it, mainly beech, its worth a shit load of money. I've just not got off my arse to do it yet, I'll wait till the weather is less poxy.

I need quite a bit of wood, what park is it ?

We get some wicked windstorms during the Winter
A coupe of years ago, our neighbours were at work, and the wind was whipping through the neighbourhood
Branches and debris were hitting the roof and the side of our house, I went outside to check everything was OK
I watched as one of our plastic garbage cans was picked up, and launched over our 8 foot fence
Then, I heard a rumbling noise behind me
I looked over the back fence, and saw some tree branches coming over his roof, I walked round the corner, and saw this
Note the electrical box, at the base of the tree, where the tree roots came up
When they removed this, he had them take down and 80 foot tree in his backyard, as if it had fallen the wrond way, it would have sliced through our roof
Mind you, I didn't have to go far for firewood that year

windstorm damage .jpg

A coupe of years ago, our neighbours were at work, and the wind was whipping through the neighbourhood
Branches and debris were hitting the roof and the side of our house, I went outside to check everything was OK
I watched as one of our plastic garbage cans was picked up, and launched over our 8 foot fence
I looked over the back fence, and saw some tree branches coming over his roof, I walked round the corner, and saw this
When they removed this, he had them take down and 80 foot tree in his backyard, as if it had fallen the wrond way, it would have sliced through our roof

View attachment 13264
So ye didn't go down the save the planet route then bigman???

View attachment 13264
He should have put the christmas lights and presents all the way round the tree and balance the weight

View attachment 13264
I had the misfortune of dealing with a guy that was the maintenance manager of a holiday park company a few years ago, absolute bellend, he decided to cut down a 80 foot pine that was in his way.....
It fell the wrong way, right on top of a new static caravan, cut the thing in two! Bloody lucky there was nobody in it!
I laughed a lot, for a very long time! 😹

I know a lad here who is a tree surgeon and owns his own sawmill. He has a massive bandsaw on a 40 ft trailer so he can go anywhere a cut beams or planks on site. Back in the early 2000's he got a call from a friend of his in Scotland who told him that some airport in Scotland (can't remember where) was puttin in a new runway and they were cuttin down elm trees and burning them to clear the area. He flew over and made a deal with them to clear the forest for free. So he went over with his bandsaw and a gang of lads and worked day and night milling the trees into planks and sold them to kitchen fitters in Ireland. He made a fortune. He was makin over 7 grand a day.

I need quite a bit of wood, what park is it ?
forestry commission do a firewood licence £50 and you get to collect as much firewood as you can carry from a clear fell site within a month

sounded good then came the caveat no chainsaws no quads no trailers no machinery at all ,,,,,,just use yer hands ....not even a wheel barrow

:unsure: There's a lot of knts work for them as well most are called billy n boab

My last van was a LDV Maxus self Build its not that hard loads of YouTube videos check out Greg Virgoe mercedes sprinter conversion he had plenty cash to spend but it can be done much cheaper I done mine for about £1000 on top of the van somewhere tae shit,shower,eat and sleep what more do you need although a high roof or pop top so ye stand up straight is underrated for me it’s a must (bad back) I’ve saw Landy ambulance on EBay I’d love one to be able go anywhere off road nae cheap though , Ive a transit Duetto now which I inherited Im in the process of selling the car and will just run the van when they let us out again
My brothers doin a conversion just now on a transporter after watching these 2 doing one

Bought a runner off copart and spent time buying all the stuff he needs online,would have been finished by now if covid hadn't put a halt to his plans as all the stuff he bought to finish it off are stranded here

forestry commission do a firewood licence £50 and you get to collect as much firewood as you can carry from a clear fell site within a month

sounded good then came the caveat no chainsaws no quads no trailers no machinery at all ,,,,,,just use yer hands ....not even a wheel barrow

:unsure: There's a lot of knts work for them as well most are called billy n boab
i'll take the ex, she'll get a shitload between them arsecheeks
only fucker i've ever known that can move a couch by sitting on it

Last edited:
Years ago, I boguht a 1975 Chevy 'Boogie Van' paid $750 for it used, from a guy who needed space in his driveway
I camped in that van, and loved it, it was so comfortable, it was fully customized inside, with naughahyde and bay window on the side and louvres on the back, but someone hit it and it was written off
Travel trailers and motorhomes, are huge out here, campers on pickup trucks too
Good for you Micky
Our next purchase will be a motorhome
HH
bought one of them in Colorado just the van and drove down to the florida keys in it great vans

Members online

Latest posts

Back