New Deal offered to Izaguirre?

He is getting on a bit but i wish some would realise he came back to do us a favour. Yeah i get he gets paid but im askin everyone to see what this club means to him.

Remember the old adage dont go backwards or back the way? Works the same on the other foot too.

Also remember KT is where he is partly because of him.

We as Celtic supporters are much more respectful than most.

Lets do the right thing here and show respect and thank a great servant to our beautiful club

He is getting on a bit but i wish some would realise he came back to do us a favour. Yeah i get he gets paid but im askin everyone to see what this club means to him.

Remember the old adage dont go backwards or back the way? Works the same on the other foot too.

Also remember KT is where he is partly because of him.

We as Celtic supporters are much more respectful than most.

Lets do the right thing here and show respect and thank a great servant to our beautiful club

100% agree
Sure, have an opinion, but lay off with the slagging and disrespect of players at our great club, some of the stuff online, is brutal from ignorant, onlne football 'experts' who do a disservice to Izzy and Mikael Lustig among others
It's been a great week, let's keep the positive vibe going, as we go to the Govan Crypt, to face the undead
HH
HH

Paul the Tim saying this story is incorrect. He got a text from Emilio. Whatever the story is, Emilio deserves way more respect than the 'he's shite' stuff all over twitter. Disgraceful.

100% agree WC

I started this thread to get an idea of what my fellow tims thought about Izzy being offered a new deal NOT as an opportunity for people to abuse one of our own or to disparage the contribution he has made over the years. I can't speak for Twitter but from what I've seen of the reply's on here, whether people were in favour or not, the comments have been measured and respectful.

Like I've stated more than once on this thread, even though I think the time has come to look at better alternatives going forward I like wee Izzy and have a great deal of respect for him. He is one of those rare foreign signings who genuinely took this club to his heart, he always gave his all for the jersey and in the money obsessed world of football he remained loyal even though he could have moved on and earned more elsewhere. Same goes for Mikael Lustig too.

We've been blessed to have guys like Izzy and Lustig at Celtic and even though their time as Celtic players may be coming to a close I would be happy to see these guys remain at the club in some other capacity as they are the perfect role models for our current overseas players as well as those who may come to Celtic in the future.

HH WC.

Last edited:
Well said, Andy. Great player in his day but why the need to keep going backwards?

I'm of the mind that every player has their time Shamrock. Both Izzy and Lustig have been great servants to the club and they've contributed massively during their time at Celtic but we can't allow sentiment to get in the way of the club moving forward.

These guys have assured their places in Celtic's history and they will be fondly remembered not only for what they have achieved but also for their commitment and loyalty to the jersey but like I said every player has their time and theirs is now coming to a close.

HH Shamrock (y)

TBH this is a terrible decision. I couldn’t understand when BR brought him back and I definitely cannot understand the thinking of offering him another 1 year deal. We need to bring in some back up players to cover but I am afraid if we sign up Izzy for another year it will be very much a backwards step.

100% agree WC

I started this thread to get an idea of what my fellow tims thought about Izzy being offered a new deal NOT as an opportunity for people to abuse one of our own or to disparage the contribution he has made over the years. I can't speak for Twitter but from what I've seen of the reply's on here, whether people were in favour or not, the comments have been measured and respectful.

Like I've stated more than once on this thread, even though I think the time has come to look at better alternatives going forward I like wee Izzy and have a great deal of respect for him. He is one of those rare foreign signings who genuinely took this club to his heart, he always gave his all for the jersey and in the money obsessed world of football he remained loyal even though he could have moved on and earned more elsewhere. Same goes for Mikael Lustig too.

We've been blessed to have guys like Izzy and Lustig at Celtic and even though their time as Celtic players may be coming to a close I would be happy to see these guys remain at the club in some other capacity as they are the perfect role models for our current overseas players as well as those who may come to Celtic in the future.

HH WC.

Well said andy ✊

Back