New Manager:

I don't think so look were brendan is after success with us just keeping Palace in the league wont get u a bigger job at top of the league imo if he wants to be among the bigger teams then show them u can handle a big club up here
That's a fair comment though Brendan had already managed one of the worlds greatest clubs before Celtic and almost won the EPL. Howe has not. Rodgers abilities have never been in question though his transfer dealings have been both at pool and us. I think it's unfair to Howe to even be mentioned in the same context as a manager like Rodgers. I agree though , do it here and the skys the limit especially if he can deliver trebles. The fact Rodgers has twice broken into the top 6 with Leicester says it all about his managerial skills

That's a fair comment though Brendan had already managed one of the worlds greatest clubs before Celtic and almost won the EPL. Howe has not. Rodgers abilities have never been in question though his transfer dealings have been both at pool and us. I think it's unfair to Howe to even be mentioned in the same context as a manager like Rodgers. I agree though , do it here and the skys the limit especially if he can deliver trebles. The fact Rodgers has twice broken into the top 6 with Leicester says it all about his managerial skills
I agree u canny compare the 2 guys brendan is no far aff world class hes just that bracket below the peps and tuechals but he can look to his experience here and see its a really good career move certainly better than bottom half PL

Rodgers spent a fortune at Liverpool and won nothin. Howe worked wonders with a team on a shoestring.
Rodgers is a narcissistic snakey rat bastard. Howe's not.
Give me Howe any day. Infact I'd take anyone over that wee tramp.

Regardless the manager, bring back Ronnie as fitness coach, Mjallby as defensive coach and Jimmy McGuinness as performance coach

Rodgers spent a fortune at Liverpool and won nothin. Howe worked wonders with a team on a shoestring.
He did have some poor signings like I said previously at both clubs but his spending was still either lowest or 2nd lowest of the top 6 clubs. I honestly believe that slippy lost pool the league that season to city by 2pts. That season he won the EPL LMA manager of the year, no mean feat. He laid the foundations of a resurgent liverpool. I dont hate the guy , I hate how he left us but I believe that lawell had a big part in that. Hes an ambitious professional like all the players are nothing wrong with that it's what you want in a manager and I wish him well. I have no space in my heart to hate anyone let alone a guy who delivered what he did for us lifes too short for that. HH

He did have some poor signings like I said previously at both clubs but his spending was still either lowest or 2nd lowest of the top 6 clubs. I honestly believe that slippy lost pool the league that season to city by 2pts. That season he won the EPL LMA manager of the year, no mean feat. He laid the foundations of a resurgent liverpool. I dont hate the guy , I hate how he left us but I believe that lawell had a big part in that. Hes an ambitious professional like all the players are nothing wrong with that it's what you want in a manager and I wish him well. I have no space in my heart to hate anyone let alone a guy who delivered what he did for us lifes too short for that. HH
I don't hate him. To hate someone takes a lot more out of you than the person you hate. I don't like him. I don't like what he done on Celtic and how he done it. He's a notorious liar. It's all about him and he doesn't care about anyone else only himself.
As an old man once said to me, "you can keep your eye on a thief, but you can't with a liar".

The whole 'Howe worked wonders on a shoestring budget' is a myth mate, maybe some truth in it when Bournemouth were working their way up the lower leagues but if being backed by Russian investment to the tune of 'almost a quarter of a billion £' is a shoestring then his shoes must be diamond encrusted!

Good read if anybody really wants to see past the myths and media hype surrounding Howe....

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back