New Manager:

The whole 'Howe worked wonders on a shoestring budget' is a myth mate, maybe some truth in it when Bournemouth were working their way up the lower leagues but if being backed by Russian investment to the tune of 'almost a quarter of a billion £' is a shoestring then his shoes must be diamond encrusted!

Good read if anybody really wants to see past the myths and media hype surrounding Howe....

:oops: feeeck wait till soprano reads that ,,,,,nurse ,,,,nurse ,,,,,fannydans fainted ....NURSE!

When are you all going to realise its kennedy!!! It's always been kennedy. The club are going to announce it on Monday, along with a club name change to The Kennedy Has a Job for life at Celtic Football Club. The 4 leaf clover will be replaced with the shape of a nose and a Samsung tablet. All 4 stands are getting named the John Kennedy stand. All the statues outside are being replaced with statues of kennedy. All the names on the bricks are being changed to kennedy.....facts!! 👆👆

When are you all going to realise its kennedy!!! It's always been kennedy. The club are going to announce it on Monday, along with a club name change to The Kennedy Has a Job for life at Celtic Football Club. The 4 leaf clover will be replaced with the shape of a nose and a Samsung tablet. All 4 stands are getting named the John Kennedy stand. All the statues outside are being replaced with statues of kennedy. All the names on the bricks are being changed to kennedy.....facts!! 👆👆
Are you in cahoots with Docco🤣

Also the Celtic song to be replaced by Holiday In Cambodia by The Dead Kennedys

Calm down, Lubo.
calmdown.jpg

The whole 'Howe worked wonders on a shoestring budget' is a myth mate, maybe some truth in it when Bournemouth were working their way up the lower leagues but if being backed by Russian investment to the tune of 'almost a quarter of a billion £' is a shoestring then his shoes must be diamond encrusted!

Good read if anybody really wants to see past the myths and media hype surrounding Howe....

I was referring to what he achieved in the lower leagues

What even the Brick’s with John Kennedy are being replaced by Bricks with John Kennedy oan thum ffs Lubo yir aff yir Boax
📦 yi

HH 📦

Now Bournemouth’s season is finished the back room assistants are available and have been spoken to. I expect a press conference this afternoon

The Buzz article doesn't seem very balanced. It criticises his signings, but fails to mention the huge successes of Ake, Wilson and Ramsdale. In the transfer window the article was written in, Bournemouth brought in £85million for the sales of four players (including these three), who were all previously signed by Howe for much less.

Referring to Liverpool's net spend is totally disingenuous. I've no idea if the figure given is correct but Liverpool signed Van Dijk for £75m, something Bournemouth could never do, and there would have been a colossal difference in wage bills in the season Liverpool were champions and Bournemouth relegated.

A "quarter of a billion" equates to £50m a season and, looking at the transfer history on Transfermarkt, this doesn't even seem close to the truth. In the relegation season his net spend was £14m, chump change for the EPL. He did spend big the previous close season, about £60m net but four out of the five players signed are still first team regulars (all played on Saturday) and are worth more than they were signed for.

I'm not a cheerleader for Howe, almost all managers have their faults, but citing the "golden ticket" signing of Mahrez by Leicester as a comparison to show his "failings" is completely stupid.

Howe's got a very strong track record. You wouldn't be surprised to see him land a "big six" job at Spurs or Arsenal right now. He's exactly the type of manager we should be going for.

The Buzz article doesn't seem very balanced. It criticises his signings, but fails to mention the huge successes of Ake, Wilson and Ramsdale. In the transfer window the article was written in, Bournemouth brought in £85million for the sales of four players (including these three), who were all previously signed by Howe for much less.

Referring to Liverpool's net spend is totally disingenuous. I've no idea if the figure given is correct but Liverpool signed Van Dijk for £75m, something Bournemouth could never do, and there would have been a colossal difference in wage bills in the season Liverpool were champions and Bournemouth relegated.

A "quarter of a billion" equates to £50m a season and, looking at the transfer history on Transfermarkt, this doesn't even seem close to the truth. In the relegation season his net spend was £14m, chump change for the EPL. He did spend big the previous close season, about £60m net but four out of the five players signed are still first team regulars (all played on Saturday) and are worth more than they were signed for.

I'm not a cheerleader for Howe, almost all managers have their faults, but citing the "golden ticket" signing of Mahrez by Leicester as a comparison to show his "failings" is completely stupid.

Howe's got a very strong track record. You wouldn't be surprised to see him land a "big six" job at Spurs or Arsenal right now. He's exactly the type of manager we should be going for.
Very well put and along the lines of what I was gonna say, but I just couldn't be arsed.
I'm no cheerleader for howe either, but he looks like a good coach who is very tactically aware. I just wish they would get someone in soon that can at least makes start at fixing the fuckin mess that awaits them.

Back