New Manager:

I see Ntcham has got the boot šŸ„¾ hopefully on the instructions of the new manager Olly must have been a right pain in the arse to earn a free Howe else could he have managed it
On his day he is a very intelligent player great passer of the ball and can obviously strike a cracker, but it seems only when he can be arsed he shows up. No doubt BR,NFL,JK, and even Gav S have tried to get in his head and get him to be the player he should be but probably feel they have all failed. Thatā€™s probably got back to steady Eddie Howe and heā€™s thought feck that heā€™s on 15/20k a week and his attitude is stinking GHTF!!
Weā€™ve added too many players/passengers or shite bags for a better word this year so guys like Christie, Ntcham and Eddie can go we need guys with heart that think about the job they do rather than ā€œjustā€ the money they earn or want to earn.
Get the manager sorted this week celtic no more silence!

Rumours now saying he's still with us someone posted a rumour yesterday and it grew legs both Celtc and his agent have said nothing

so looks like we'll have to wait untill one of them confirms
The bloke's a real puzzle. There's no doubt about the fact he has serious ability. However, he just doesn't produce often enough. That, coupled with the fact he simply doesn't to be here, means he has to go. But let him walk for zero cash ? I find that hard to believe.

I
The bloke's a real puzzle. There's no doubt about the fact he has serious ability. However, he just doesn't produce often enough. That, coupled with the fact he simply doesn't to be here, means he has to go. But let him walk for zero cash ? I find that hard to believe.
Have to agree frank
We have to remember the club weā€™re talking about
Not a chance theyā€™ll release him while thereā€™s still a chance to punt him
Sounds like agents trying to stir interest in him
To think we knocked back over 10 mullion fir him in the same year we knocked back 9 fir boyata šŸ™ˆ

If Howe hasnā€™t agreed by Tuesday, move on.
Our board is famous for not rushing at things. Iā€™m afraid weā€™re at the stage, when we have to get everything in place.
No director of football.
No head of recruitment
No manager - and backroom staff.
No captain.
None of these in place? No season ticket renewals.

I

Have to agree frank
We have to remember the club weā€™re talking about
Not a chance theyā€™ll release him while thereā€™s still a chance to punt him
Sounds like agents trying to stir interest in him
To think we knocked back over 10 mullion fir him in the same year we knocked back 9 fir boyata šŸ™ˆ
His value is rock bottom just now and would need a year of playing well to raise it.
Only has a year left and is unlikely to sign again.
Showed no respect to the club or leauge with his comments.

This could just be a case of cutting our losses. Depending how his original transfer fee is structured him showing up next season could mean that we are hit with say 1m or more + wages and bonuses of say an extra million.

It could cost us 2m just for a year for a player that might not put the work in and disrupt the rest of the squad.

To sell him instantly? We would have to pay the last installment of his fee, probably get what we paid for him and mibi give city a %? So we loose money on him anyway.

If we are taking the stance of termination due to his attitude then I back the decision.

Exactly Frank,we seem to forget Lawwell is still in charge and it is not in his nature to give anything away for nothing..

HH

If Howe hasnā€™t agreed by Tuesday, move on.
Our board is famous for not rushing at things. Iā€™m afraid weā€™re at the stage, when we have to get everything in place.
No director of football.
No head of recruitment
No manager - and backroom staff.
No captain.
None of these in place? No season ticket renewals.
That tells me Dungaloe67 everything is in place.
Eddy Howe has not been mentioned in any paper other than the daily rag who like to think they can feed us any shit and we swallow it,they are now telling everybody today the Howe move to Celtic is definitely on..
Dont believe for one minute mate that Dermot Desmond has not got everything in place.
He did,nt get to where he is by sitting on his arse and letting everybody take the cream..
Keep the faith mate.

HH

There is one thing no one else seems to have mentioned.
Now the Bournemouth have failed to reach the playoff final, for which Eddie Howe was expecting to pick up a large bonus IF they had made it to the Premier League. There will now be rather less in his bank balance.
So does that mean he more or less likely to join us?
We all know even the likes of Crystal Palace can afford to pay more then we can. They can afford a bigger transfer budget too. Then there is the shite we've seen in the past week.
Horrible orc thugs battering each other up in the City centre.
Peter Lawwells property petrol bombed even though he lives in a very exclusive area.
IF he hasn't put pen to paper yet, all these things may be causing him to have very REAL 2nd thoughts, and he could use the last 2 events as a reason to seek better financial rewards elsewhere.

There is one thing no one else seems to have mentioned.
Now the Bournemouth have failed to reach the playoff final, for which Eddie Howe was expecting to pick up a large bonus IF they had made it to the Premier League. There will now be rather less in his bank balance.
So does that mean he more or less likely to join us?
We all know even the likes of Crystal Palace can afford to pay more then we can. They can afford a bigger transfer budget too. Then there is the shite we've seen in the past week.
Horrible orc thugs battering each other up in the City centre.
Peter Lawwells property petrol bombed even though he lives in a very exclusive area.
IF he hasn't put pen to paper yet, all these things may be causing him to have very REAL 2nd thoughts, and he could use the last 2 events as a reason to seek better financial rewards elsewhere.
The fact Brimcbhoy nobody has mentioned Eddy Howe for another job IMO tells me the deal has been done.
The one thing our board are masters at is keeping their mouth shut,if you look back at the last 3 managers Ronnie,Lenny,and Rodgers they were all announced in May,is it a coincidence,time will tell,but what I do believe is Howe is the new manager,Stephen Purchase and Simon Whetherson are the new coaches with the possibility of Peter Grant coming in also,Richard Hughes and Fergal Harkin as far as I am told are both coming.
So mate taking that we believe everything we have been told we need to believe Howe has been looking at who he wants to bring in,maybe even spoken to who he wants to bring in,then we have Hughes and Harkin who will have a few names to produce..
Sure Brimcbhoy C.Palace can pay more than us but they cant guarantee European football every year or cup finals etc..
Every manager wants to have European football on their CV..
I think the next few days mate will tell us what we want to hear..

HH.

The fact Brimcbhoy nobody has mentioned Eddy Howe for another job IMO tells me the deal has been done.
The one thing our board are masters at is keeping their mouth shut,if you look back at the last 3 managers Ronnie,Lenny,and Rodgers they were all announced in May,is it a coincidence,time will tell,but what I do believe is Howe is the new manager,Stephen Purchase and Simon Whetherson are the new coaches with the possibility of Peter Grant coming in also,Richard Hughes and Fergal Harkin as far as I am told are both coming.
So mate taking that we believe everything we have been told we need to believe Howe has been looking at who he wants to bring in,maybe even spoken to who he wants to bring in,then we have Hughes and Harkin who will have a few names to produce..
Sure Brimcbhoy C.Palace can pay more than us but they cant guarantee European football every year or cup finals etc..
Every manager wants to have European football on their CV..
I think the next few days mate will tell us what we want to hear..

HH.
Hmmm, I think EH has been very much linked to the CP job. WE can't guarantee European football every year or cup finals, even domestic ones look at this season. I can't see us getting past the qualifying rounds given the lack of investment in the playing squad, (they're only 2 months away btw). I don't think that will look very good on his CV.
I can't see him coming, an I'm not bothered either.

Hmmm, I think EH has been very much linked to the CP job. WE can't guarantee European football every year or cup finals, even domestic ones look at this season. I can't see us getting past the qualifying rounds given the lack of investment in the playing squad, (they're only 2 months away btw). I don't think that will look very good on his CV.
I can't see him coming, an I'm not bothered either.
I understand Brimcbhoy where you are coming from,you are as much a doubting Thomas as I am a great believer,at the end of the day mate it is only our opinions..
Nobody saw this season coming mate but we are still in Europe and possibly the Champions league,,Crystal Palace are not in Europe,Crystal Palace have an average gate of 23,000
Celtic have an average gate of 57,000 and a reputation of producing the best European nights players and managers can be involved in,it was enough to bring Rodgers to Celtic,I have no doubt it will be enough for Eddy Howe,but as I said mate it is opinions,nothing else..

HH

Last edited:
The Buzz article doesn't seem very balanced. It criticises his signings, but fails to mention the huge successes of Ake, Wilson and Ramsdale. In the transfer window the article was written in, Bournemouth brought in Ā£85million for the sales of four players (including these three), who were all previously signed by Howe for much less.

Referring to Liverpool's net spend is totally disingenuous. I've no idea if the figure given is correct but Liverpool signed Van Dijk for Ā£75m, something Bournemouth could never do, and there would have been a colossal difference in wage bills in the season Liverpool were champions and Bournemouth relegated.

A "quarter of a billion" equates to Ā£50m a season and, looking at the transfer history on Transfermarkt, this doesn't even seem close to the truth. In the relegation season his net spend was Ā£14m, chump change for the EPL. He did spend big the previous close season, about Ā£60m net but four out of the five players signed are still first team regulars (all played on Saturday) and are worth more than they were signed for.

I'm not a cheerleader for Howe, almost all managers have their faults, but citing the "golden ticket" signing of Mahrez by Leicester as a comparison to show his "failings" is completely stupid.

Howe's got a very strong track record. You wouldn't be surprised to see him land a "big six" job at Spurs or Arsenal right now. He's exactly the type of manager we should be go

I think the whole point of the article was to actually bring a bit of balance to the 'Eddie Howe walks on water' and the 'Bournemouth are plucky underdogs' narratives that were going around at the time. It was supposed to be a more critical look that countered and challenged some of the puff pieces, media hype and myths that had sprung up around both and I think it raised some pretty relevant points.

The author of the article wasn't saying that Howe didn't make some great signings that earned the club a profit, he was pointing out that Howe also made quite a few poor signings that turned out to be expensive flops and too often this was being overlooked by those seeking to laud Howe's 'shrewdness' in the transfer market.

The article also rightly points out that Bournemouth securing the league positions they did wasn't solely down to Howe's managerial abilities but that it also had a hell of a lot to do with them outspending their nearest league rivals. So far from being disingenuous the point about Bournemouth having nearly double the net spend of Liverpool at the time is entirely relevant as it torpedoes the myth of Howe and Bournemouth somehow being the 'plucky underdogs' who 'battled against all the odds to stay in the EPL' by highlighting that they had a financial advantage and were spending far more on EPL survival than the other clubs round about them.

That 'quarter of a billion' or 'Ā£50m a season' (whatever way you want to look at it) may not seem that much in EPL terms but when compared with the spending of the other clubs at the lower end of the EPL at the time it was enough to give Bournemouth a competitive advantage and funnily enough the year they didn't outspend the rest they were relegated!

Whatever way you look at it Howe wasn't the 'miracle worker' and Bournemouth weren't the 'plucky underdogs' they were made out to be by some. That's not to say Howe isn't a good coach or Bournemouth weren't a decent team under him but Howe working miracles on a 'shoestring budget' is a myth and given he bombed in his only other job in management I think we'd all do well to keep Howe's achievements as a manager in perspective.

I understand Brimcbhoy where you are coming from,you are as much a doubting Thomas as I am a great believer,at the end of the day mate it is only our opinions..
Nobody saw this season coming mate but we are still in Europe and possibly the Champions league,,Crystal Palace are not in Europe,Crystal Palace have an average gate of 23,000
Celtic have an average gate of 57,000 and a reputation of producing the best European nights players and managers can be involved in,it was enough to bring Rodgers to Celtic,I have no doubt it will be enough for Eddy Howe,but as I said mate it is opinions,nothing else..

HH
Of course and thats what these forums are all about, opinions. HH

I think the whole point of the article was to actually bring a bit of balance to the 'Eddie Howe walks on water' and the 'Bournemouth are plucky underdogs' narratives that were going around at the time. It was supposed to be a more critical look that countered and challenged some of the puff pieces, media hype and myths that had sprung up around both and I think it raised some pretty relevant points.

The author of the article wasn't saying that Howe didn't make some great signings that earned the club a profit, he was pointing out that Howe also made quite a few poor signings that turned out to be expensive flops and too often this was being overlooked by those seeking to laud Howe's 'shrewdness' in the transfer market.

The article also rightly points out that Bournemouth securing the league positions they did wasn't solely down to Howe's managerial abilities but that it also had a hell of a lot to do with them outspending their nearest league rivals. So far from being disingenuous the point about Bournemouth having nearly double the net spend of Liverpool at the time is entirely relevant as it torpedoes the myth of Howe and Bournemouth somehow being the 'plucky underdogs' who 'battled against all the odds to stay in the EPL' by highlighting that they had a financial advantage and were spending far more on EPL survival than the other clubs round about them.

That 'quarter of a billion' or 'Ā£50m a season' (whatever way you want to look at it) may not seem that much in EPL terms but when compared with the spending of the other clubs at the lower end of the EPL at the time it was enough to give Bournemouth a competitive advantage and funnily enough the year they didn't outspend the rest they were relegated!

Whatever way you look at it Howe wasn't the 'miracle worker' and Bournemouth weren't the 'plucky underdogs' they were made out to be by some. That's not to say Howe isn't a good coach or Bournemouth weren't a decent team under him but Howe working miracles on a 'shoestring budget' is a myth and given he bombed in his only other job in management I think we'd all do well to keep Howe's achievements as a manager in perspective.
The thing is, it's one persons opinion over anothers. The truth being nobody knows how he'll do at Celtic, if indeed he comes to Celtic. No matter what manager comes in someone will say they're shite while others will think they're great.
I honestly don't give a shite anymore. I just want someone in to sort the mess out and given the lack of other options we've been presented with, I'll gladly accept howe for now. I might even get a t shirt printed with that on it. Howe for now!

Howe for now!
NINTCHDBPICT000645673196-2.jpg

NOW2a.jpg

0_Celtic-v-Rangers-Scottish-Premier-League.jpg

ULSTER

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back