New Manager:

Wish Howe all the best but I'm not sure if he's up for the pressure of managing a club of our size..he's a 43 year old boy who has never had to deal with delivering in Europe, winning every week, managing expectations of a nation...he went to Burnley who are a bigger club than Bournemouth with footballing fans who have a passion like we do and he scurried back to his safe zone at the first sign of unrest....he might have the best footballing ideas in the world but has he the personality and bottle to carry it off at Celtic??? I hope so but have my doubts
And yet you were pushing for JK who has proven he's useless!

Can't see how we can make comparisons shadow on a EPL manager when they are mainly judged upon there over priced transfer buys. We are not in that position and developing a whole new squad with a desire to actually want to win with a great team spirit to do so.
Every player knowing there roles within the team to maximise their potential of gaining the results that are expected which in turn will bring the success.
I strongly believe that Howe can bring in the players that are far younger and with a much greater desire to succeed and prepared to learn the requirements for the modern game.

I'm no trying to make comparisons mate, like you said the Bournemouth and Celtic situations are completely different so trying to draw comparisons between the 2 is pointless. What I'm saying is I think a few people are getting a bit carried away with the idea of Howe being some sort of managerial Midas who's success at Celtic is inevitable.

They're basing all of this on a misguided belief that Howe and Bournemouth were these 'plucky underdogs operating on a shoestring budget who succeeded against all the odds' but when you cut through the hype and take a closer look the reality is much different. Aye it makes for a great story but it's just that...a story!

Like I said Howe is a good coach and he deserves a lot of credit for keeping his team in the EPL for as long as he did but Bournemouth successively outspending their nearest league rivals had a hell of a lot to do with their EPL survival too, it certainly wasn't all down to Howe's coaching ability that's for sure!

All in all I reckon he'd do a good job at Celtic and become pretty successful but a bit of perspective wouldnae go amiss, if only to take some of the pressure off a guy who's gonnae find himself chucked into an already difficult situation!

Last edited:
I'm no trying to make comparisons mate, like you said the Bournemouth and Celtic situations are completely different so trying to draw comparisons between the 2 is pointless. What I'm saying is I think a few people are getting a bit carried away with the idea of Howe being some sort of managerial Midas who's success at Celtic is inevitable.

They're basing all of this on a misguided belief that Howe and Bournemouth were these 'plucky underdogs operating on a shoestring budget who succeeded against all the odds' but when you cut through the hype and take a closer look the reality is much different. Aye it makes for a great story but it's just that...a story!

Like I said Howe is a good coach and he deserves a lot of credit for keeping his team in the EPL for as long as he did but Bournemouth successively outspending their nearest league rivals had a hell of a lot to do with them finishing in the league positions they did, it certainly wasn't all down to Howe's coaching ability that's for sure!

All in all I reckon he'd do a good job at Celtic and become pretty successful but a bit of perspective wouldnae go amiss, if only to take some of the pressure off a guy who's gonnae find himself chucked into an already difficult situation!
Agreed shadow
What I would hope for is that he can prove just how good of a potential manager /coach he really can be, sby bringing in the lesser known players and moulding them into real gems, and out of all the candidates that been named I just think he is best suited to do so.
The concurn obviously would be if he is such the huge success that can be expected then he will be poached by the bigger boys in the EPL, but I can live with that if he can change the whole structure of the club that has been on the downward slope for 3 seasons now and yet well hidden with the domestic success until it ran aground last season

Members online

Latest posts

Back