Oldskool Rave thread

DJ in the place I used to work was behind this track. Yeah huns if you haven't figured me out by now this one should clinch it.

The Shamen were excellent- one of the guys Will Sinnot drowned off Tenerife - Progen ( Move Any Mountain) was awesome. Brought them to the Metro too, and Adamski who had a hit with NRG and got sued by lucozade ( that’s what got them into energy drinks too). Adamski wanted to bring a pal - totally unknown at the time to play at the Metro and perform his new song for first time. Song was Killer his pal was Seal.

The Shamen were excellent- one of the guys Will Sinnot drowned off Tenerife - Progen ( Move Any Mountain) was awesome. Brought them to the Metro too, and Adamski who had a hit with NRG and got sued by lucozade ( that’s what got them into energy drinks too). Adamski wanted to bring a pal - totally unknown at the time to play at the Metro and perform his new song for first time. Song was Killer his pal was Seal.
The Shamen are well loved up here in Aberdeen as a local band. Progen is an anthem here.

Talking of the metro.....saw K-klass playing there...and erm...Candy Flip...Joe D had a lot to answer for that one 😬👍

Also, I remember Ege bamyasi playing at the slam @ the arches around 90-91 and he was supported by some little know french duo called daft Punk or something? Dates could be a year out..heady times 🤣🤣

Also, I remember Ege bamyasi playing at the slam @ the arches around 90-91 and he was supported by some little know french duo called daft Punk or something? Dates could be a year out..heady times 🤣🤣
Daft Punk are class

Story about the arches
Don't know if yous remember , Teri Sue Patt, aka Benny Green from Grange hill/ Yousef from the Firm ?
Anyway, he was filming in Glasgow around 91/92 for some medical drama....my mate owned a pub and we met him in it...took him to the Arches...if you had been there around that time then you know how mental the slam nights were.. pinnacle of the scene for me....anyway the bold yin took one too many snowballs and got himself papped out on the streets and barred for life! Surreal, Benny Green full of ecto!! There goes the childhood!
That night ended with a running battle up and down Argyle Street with my mates and a few regulars and a Hibs CCS crew who had made it there that night, and on the way home, a mate trying to steal an Aston Martin from the garage at StvGeorges cross 🤣🤣.great times which now in this age of CCTV/police state would not be possible!!
Anyway Terri Sue Patt...RIP fella x

Last edited:
Story about the arches
Don't know if yous remember , Teri Sue Patt, aka Benny Green from Grange hill/ Yousef from the Firm ?
Anyway, he was filming in Glasgow around 91/92 for some medical drama....my mate owned a pub and we met him in it...took him to the Arches...if you had been there around that time then you know how mental the slam nights were.. pinnacle of the scene for me....anyway the bold yin took one too many snowballs and got himself papped out on the streets and barred for life! Surreal, Benny Green full of ecto!! There goes the childhood!
That night ended with a running battle up and down Argyle Street with my mates and a few regulars and a Hibs CCS crew who had made it there that night..great times which now in this age of CCTV/police state would not be possible!!
Anyway Terri Sue Patt...RIP fella x
🤔🤔🤔some untruths there methinks 🤔🤔you and who’s mates 😂😂only joking ..naw am noo ...aye am ure 🙈

Back