Paul Larkin's latest blog - 'This may be business, it's never personal but it's always Celtic'

I'm having a moment in my life where I'm falling out of love with football....and celtic. Living down south for 11 years now I've seen day to day what has happened to the sport down here. I've got mates who dont really give a shit about their team. They are barely fussed about the next match....it used to amaze me. I'd be talking about our last game and our next games, what the players did and said and they couldnt tell you what the score was in their last match. My united supporting mate didnt even watch the derby last night. I never thought I'd feel like that about Celtic.....but at the moment I do. When I think of Celtic at the moment all I feel is anger. I blame our board 100% for that. Not the media or the SFA, I know what they are and why they do what the do. My anger is only at our board. I'm not looking forward to our next match, I dont enjoy reading the blogs anymore because it's all just negativity. The fans dont have a voice and that makes me angry. We have to just sit back and allow Lawwell and the rest of the fucking arseholes run our club down. I hate the lot of the fuckers for how they have made me feel about something I love.
I know the club is more than the board. But the board are taking the joy away for me 😩😩😩

I'm having a moment in my life where I'm falling out of love with football....and celtic. Living down south for 11 years now I've seen day to day what has happened to the sport down here. I've got mates who dont really give a shit about their team. They are barely fussed about the next match....it used to amaze me. I'd be talking about our last game and our next games, what the players did and said and they couldnt tell you what the score was in their last match. My united supporting mate didnt even watch the derby last night. I never thought I'd feel like that about Celtic.....but at the moment I do. When I think of Celtic at the moment all I feel is anger. I blame our board 100% for that. Not the media or the SFA, I know what they are and why they do what the do. My anger is only at our board. I'm not looking forward to our next match, I dont enjoy reading the blogs anymore because it's all just negativity. The fans dont have a voice and that makes me angry. We have to just sit back and allow Lawwell and the rest of the fucking arseholes run our club down. I hate the lot of the fuckers for how they have made me feel about something I love.
I know the club is more than the board. But the board are taking the joy away for me 😩😩😩

There are times we all feel like that, Lubo but Celtic is in my DNA and no matter what the issues are with the board etc, I'll always be Celtic through and through.

KTF

Exactly how i felt when they sacked Tommy Burns

Come on Lubo, keep the faith pal. Where are you down south? West London CSC in Brentford is worth visiting as is Connolly's on Chiswick High Road or the Wimbledon CSC in The Irish Centre-short walk from Wimbledon station. They usually manage to get all the games home and away and it's good to get yourself surrounded by tims.. I was down there for 11 years and you do feel disconnected as you're not amongst it all but these guys run brilliant CSC's and they are really welcoming.
Moved to Shropshire last year and as it's nearer I get up a to Parkhead a few times a season now but was much harder when in London.
You can't do much about the board other than keep calling them out and plugging away but you might feel a lot more positive if you get amongst your own, sink a few and sing the songs. That's Celtic-the supporters. Lawwell will be gone very soon

Ok boss get me your address and I’ll send you the boax I’m sitting here in tears and Harry Potters. But honestly it’s how I’m feeling canny get masell up for anything fitba related
But cut myself this morning and it was pure Glasgow’s Green and White that poured oot.
the Love never leaves you Lubo YNWA
HH Lubo

HH 🍀👏

Nobody dislikes the board and especially Lawwell more than me Lubo and although I can see where you are coming from,, and before you make any decision please remember we are not United,or Liverpool or Arsenal etc we are special,we are all members of the worlds biggest family THE CELTIC FAMILY..welcomed with open arms everywhere we go..
How many other supporters can say that..?? None that I know off..
Before you make any decision mate go to...thecelticstar.com and have a look for the notification where you see moreorless making the cut throat gesture click on here then scroll down until you see a video,,click on the video and listen to the abuse Moussa had screamed at him..
Celtic say they cannot comment about what has happened since terrible Sunday but they have this video which will or has been presented to the SFA..
They also tell us about the lying Ba----d press who said they heard moreorless being racially abused,,all lies,,no video in existence..Celtic have requested this video many times,,so far no show.
Worth looking at Lubo before you make your decision. Good luck..

HH.

Come on Lubo, keep the faith pal. Where are you down south? West London CSC in Brentford is worth visiting as is Connolly's on Chiswick High Road or the Wimbledon CSC in The Irish Centre-short walk from Wimbledon station. They usually manage to get all the games home and away and it's good to get yourself surrounded by tims.. I was down there for 11 years and you do feel disconnected as you're not amongst it all but these guys run brilliant CSC's and they are really welcoming.
Moved to Shropshire last year and as it's nearer I get up a to Parkhead a few times a season now but was much harder when in London.
You can't do much about the board other than keep calling them out and plugging away but you might feel a lot more positive if you get amongst your own, sink a few and sing the songs. That's Celtic-the supporters. Lawwell will be gone very soon

Guildford Niall, I watch the derby games in Wimbledon CSC. Love it in there. Great atmosphere.
I'd never stop loving Celtic. Just finding it hard to get excited about watching a rigged league.
It was easier to stomach the biased refs and SFA when Celtic nullified them with great football. But it now seems as if the squad are battling the SFA, refs, media and our own fucking board.
Just makes it hard to enjoy the sport.

Guildford Niall, I watch the derby games in Wimbledon CSC. Love it in there. Great atmosphere.
I'd never stop loving Celtic. Just finding it hard to get excited about watching a rigged league.
It was easier to stomach the biased refs and SFA when Celtic nullified them with great football. But it now seems as if the squad are battling the SFA, refs, media and our own fucking board.
Ah feel your pain Lubo! HH ☘

Can't argue with the Lubo but plenty out there are calling it all out and railing against it. I get the biggest frustration is our own board but they'll fall soon enough. In the meantime HANG in there. I lived in Esher for a while. Not far from your neck of the woods. Top summer's. Mild winters. You got it sorted down there pal. Apart fm the Chekski crowd of course! HH

Can't argue with the Lubo but plenty out there are calling it all out and railing against it. I get the biggest frustration is our own board but they'll fall soon enough. In the meantime HANG in there. I lived in Esher for a while. Not far from your neck of the woods. Top summer's. Mild winters. You got it sorted down there pal. Apart fm the Chekski crowd of course! HH

Esher is about 10 minutes down the A3 from me. Chelsea, spurs, west ham, they are all the same. Trophies arent important. Multimillion pound signings win you bragging rights down here.
I've not woke up in the morning and decided I'm not a Celtic fan anymore. That's not what I mean. I love celtic. My wee girls love celtic.
It's the constant frustration and anger that's making me want to take a step back.

Esher is about 10 minutes down the A3 from me. Chelsea, spurs, west ham, they are all the same. Trophies arent important. Multimillion pound signings win you bragging rights down here.
I've not woke up in the morning and decided I'm not a Celtic fan anymore. That's not what I mean. I love celtic. My wee girls love celtic.
It's the constant frustration and anger that's making me want to take a step back.
Think it's reaching a tipping point. Hope to goodness it tips the right bloody way pal!

Ok boss get me your address and I’ll send you the boax I’m sitting here in tears and Harry Potters. But honestly it’s how I’m feeling canny get masell up for anything fitba related
But cut myself this morning and it was pure Glasgow’s Green and White that poured oot.
the Love never leaves you Lubo YNWA
HH Lubo

HH 🍀👏
:cautious: shouldve been posted months ago ,bet you've broke it

Well worth a read folks!

Anyone who still thinks Lawwell and the Board have Celtic's best interest at heart should think again after reading this account .
Too many on here , myself included , over the last few years have criticised the poor transfer dealings ( in the main ) that have left us weaker than we should be . Lack of cover at the back , too little up front and a midfield that has been run into the ground over the past three seasons .

I am seriously worried about the rest of this season - when I , like everyone else , should have been enjoying the completion of ( another ) 9 IAR , with the 10 almost guaranteed as Sevco imploded . Instead we have the prospect of taking the title down to the wire -( I say WE but in truth it is the gutless , money grubbing parasites that constitute our Board who are to blame ) .
I will not be holding my breath for a major signing to bolster our tired squad - nor am I expecting a sudden discovery of BALLS in the boardroom , and I don't mean a size 5 mouldmaster ! ( one for the grey beards among us )
Big Pete will be celebrating soon if the extra Dembele cash comes through - but it won't mean a thing to the supporters if we bring in an unknown 'development' prospect to add to the many we already have .

HH

Anyone who still thinks Lawwell and the Board have Celtic's best interest at heart should think again after reading this account .
Too many on here , myself included , over the last few years have criticised the poor transfer dealings ( in the main ) that have left us weaker than we should be . Lack of cover at the back , too little up front and a midfield that has been run into the ground over the past three seasons .

I am seriously worried about the rest of this season - when I , like everyone else , should have been enjoying the completion of ( another ) 9 IAR , with the 10 almost guaranteed as Sevco imploded . Instead we have the prospect of taking the title down to the wire -( I say WE but in truth it is the gutless , money grubbing parasites that constitute our Board who are to blame ) .
I will not be holding my breath for a major signing to bolster our tired squad - nor am I expecting a sudden discovery of BALLS in the boardroom , and I don't mean a size 5 mouldmaster ! ( one for the grey beards among us )
Big Pete will be celebrating soon if the extra Dembele cash comes through - but it won't mean a thing to the supporters if we bring in an unknown 'development' prospect to add to the many we already have .

HH
If we don't win the league this season Millsy,watch the share value nosedive,the decrease in season ticket uptake,is that a price worth payin to keep sevco alive, the board, and DD in particular, appear to be playin a very dodgy game, us, the fans, are well aware that the board could'nt care less what their "customer's" think, well, if the worst happen's there will be hell to pay! oh, and ma leg's still sting fae the hit's ah took aff a mouldmaster!, fae a greybeard!!!! HH☘

The sad thing is Millsy, longstanding Celtic fan's are being turned off by what they see as as a rigged game, due to our board's lack of ball's when it come's to fighting our corner, a sad example is is an ex-pat living in england, a regular and respected poster on here, Lubo's Left Peg,has lost his enthusiasm, due to to the blatantly rigged game up here,at the end of the season, if we don't show some backbone, there could be many more like him, over to you Dermot!

Very true what you say lubo of the game down south aspect I'm focussing on here. My brother in law was a mad crazy in love with his Birmingham when we first met and I was so happy for him that day Birmingham beat arsenal to win the league cup final, it meant everything to him. Fast forward a decade or so and hes barely interested in the game let alone Birmingham city. I used to wind him up about Birmingham but your club is your club and that's all that matters. Looking at the same tournament today and I wonder did anyone even notice that Leicester and villa played out a 1all draw in the league cup semis last night ? I doubt it, not long ago that would have been massive news for those 2 to reach this stage but now the supporters all know that the tournament is not a reflection of the teams competing for it. Take villa's 5-0 demolition of liverpool's u11s for example and you see just how devalued the tourney has become. The same goes now (or is at least getting there) with the FA cup. Liverpool u23s v Everton in the quarter finals of the greatest domestic cup competition in the world. That liverpool won was shocking for an Everton team worth hundreds of millions and a top manager to boot. More shocking though to me is just how little emphasis or priority liverpool as a club now place in either cup competitions. Even with the lead they have at the top of the premier league being virtually unassailable, liverpool, 1 of the top 2 most successful clubs in english football history simply aren't interested. I remember that man utd , the other of the 2 clubs most successful in English football started this some years ago when they decided not to take part in the fa cup but instead they would play in the idiotic tournament that is the world club cup alongside such giants of world football as Sydney f.c and the Egyptian champions etc. Try to cut this short by saying that you're not alone not by far and many many people have fallen out of love with the game and how its run with no thought to the paying supporters given nor asked. A few years of the game having an enforced sponsorship embargo, where clubs make only the cash they generate from gate receipts, shirt sales etc would give the game a much needed boot up the arse and remind clubs (all clubs) the reason for why they are still in existence after a hundred years or in some cases 8 is the supporters who pay for the privilege of watching the team they love. I will always love my Celtic but I'm also very disillusioned with the game and its structuring. Rangers cheating Russia cheating SFA cheating UEFA and fifa cheating it's a sad indictment of the game today (rant done)

Members online

Latest posts

Back