Peaky Blinders

Cheers hen.just watched the first two episodes of series one . Looks like it's gonna be brilliant and noo I've got I don't know how long to catch the rest. Don't really watch much tv tbh,don't have the time . The last great series I watched was house with Hugh Laurie. Now I can't wait to catch the rest of this HH.BTW ,don't let the bastards get you down hen HH

Check oot The Night Manager with Hugh Laurie TT. Spy type drama where Laurie plays a seriously ruthless arms dealer. Brilliant telly with a lot of great actors and Laurie is brilliant in it. (y)

The Wire, set in Baltimore, Maryland, is a fine show as well. Every series explored the effect the drug trade has on different aspects of life in Baltimore. Schools, Police, politics, dock workers and media.
I would recommend it to everyone.
You will need sub-title for some characters esp Snoop Pearson.

I'd say I've watched it three or four times. Great show. Did you ever notice in the fourth season there is a scene where Bubs has cleaned up and is helping out at the local community centre on Thanksgiving, I think, and there is a picture of the 1981 Hunger Strikers on the wall behind him?

City On A Hill, set in Boston during the '90s and starring Kevin Bacon as an FBI agent investigating bank robbers just finished last Sunday night.

Perpetual Grace Limited starring Ben Kingsley as a corrupt preacher just ended a couple of weeks ago. Seriously mad show.

Yellowstone starring Kevin Costner is a brilliant modern-day western. Season 2 ends this wednesday.

Preacher stars Ruth Negga from Love Hate and is on the final season at the minnute. Big time fucked up show.

Watched it from the off and been addicted ever since. Genuinely one of the best TV crime dramas ever made, the acting, the characters, the story lines, the setting......everything about it is top class and unlike other TV shows it gets better with every series.

BTW this series has a bit of a Scottish/Glasgow flavour and sees the Shelby's take on a mob based on :devilish: Billy Fullerton & the Billy Boys :devilish: and spoiler alert (no really it was in the trailer) somebody gets nailed to a cross and it's not one of the Shelby's!

30 mins and counting (y)

Aw Andy,really?

Ah Ah boo boo ??

I've watched with interest Cillian Murphy's career soar since I 1st saw him play the role of I Damien O'Donovan in gritty and brutal THE WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY back in 2006

A no holds barred depiction of the IRA
the FREE STATERS and BLACK and TANS in the struggle for Irish Independence

Well worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it or a revisit for anyone who has seen it

Another goody is the FIELD starring Richard Harris John Hurt and Sean Bean among others

HH?
Guys a serious actor look at the roles he picks not easy street hollywood shite hes a crackin actor plays tommy superbly

I knew this day was coming.
Watched it from the first series back in 2013.
Peaky Blinders was a stonking watch first time around.
Billy Fullerton and his Billy boys were given a mention several times back then, but it was in Belfast and not Glasgow. They were Peaky's rivals in the horse racing rackets in Ireland.

I said to my missus, way back then, wouldn't it be good if he and them could be written into the script to get the the biggest fucking shit kicking of their bigoted bastard lives.

Well I've waited six years for this coming......and the script for this scene is yet to written.

The fourth episode of this series is not yet picked up from the editing room floor.
It's got to happen!
So far Tommy Shelby has never lost a war...a few cripplings maybe, but has always kicked the crud out of all comers.

I have to get ready for my girl to constantly greet about the "excessive" swearing and effing from Tom, Arthur, Michael ...and even from young upstart Finn.
When the Billy's get what's coming to them, a complete and utter annihilation from Tommy's gun I will be elated and vindicated.

The series writer, Steven Knight has spoon fed us for this day....ever since in the second series when the Celtic emblem colours were proudly displayed in the south Birmingham bar.
I'm convinced Knight has a love for, or connection to Celtic football club.......

There must be a significant hun following who have at least started watching this from the beginning and now can't wait for the next episode.
I hope they enjoy Tommy Shelby doing what he does best........the Billy's have it coming.

Back