Pick a squad.

Lubos left peg

We've done this before...but let's keep it to more modern day players. Can't chose from the Larsson era or before. Preferably from players that are still playing today...or recently retired. Pick your starting 11....I'll go....

Forester

Lustig .....CCV .....Van Diyk ...Tierney
Mcgregor..
Rogic. . Hatate..
Jota... kyogo..
Dembele

I did struggle to leave out some players - Wanyama was a player I loved. Sinclair was unplayable for a season then faded which was a recurring theme when he signed for new clubs. I was going to include Elyanoussi to wind you up Lubo, but I'm not that cruel!

I think a couple of this side would be different if I picked it again in a couple of days time!

I did struggle to leave out some players - Wanyama was a player I loved. Sinclair was unplayable for a season then faded which was a recurring theme when he signed for new clubs. I was going to include Elyanoussi to wind you up Lubo, but I'm not that cruel!

I think a couple of this side would be different if I picked it again in a couple of days time!

I was also thinking of wanyama....and Johansons 1st season for ronny. He was superb.

I was also thinking of wanyama....and Johansons 1st season for ronny. He was superb.
I even considered Griffiths who was a gifted goal scorer over several seasons. Just a lot of baggage which probably unfairly I counted against him. Was Gary Hooper too long ago? Armstrong was excellent when at his best. French Eddy was brilliant for a time but ended up being too much of a sulky prick to include. I HAD to pick Broony.

Some more of the current squad could force their way in if they continue their initial form - especially Hatate & Johnston - but Lustig & Broony/Rogic did it for us year after year after year.

Last edited:
I even considered Griffiths whom was a gifted goal scorer over several seasons. Just a lot of baggage which probably unfaitly I counted against him. Was Gary Hooper too long ago? Armstrong was excellent when at his best. French Eddy was brilliant for a time but ended up being too much of a sulky prick to include. I HAD to pick Broony.

Some more of the current squad could force their way in if they continue their initial form - especially Hatate & Johnston - but Lustig & Broony/Rogic did it for us year after year after year.

Has hooper retired now? He was in America wasn't he? He was a great striker. Should never have left. I've also left out Ledley....who was my favourite player when at Celtic.

Last edited:
Has hooper retired now? He was in America wasn't he? He was a great striker. Should never have left. I've also left out Ledley....who was my favourite player Celtic.
I loved Ledley too. He was such an important player for us and was in tears when he was told he was being sold. He was a fighter and a grafter as well as being a talented player. When fit, Forrest contributed a lot of important goals & assists too.

We have had some really good players here. They have been a joy to watch and makes me happy to be a Tim.

We've done this before...but let's keep it to more modern day players. Can't chose from the Larsson era or before. Preferably from players that are still playing today...or recently retired. Pick your starting 11....I'll go....

Forester

Lustig .....CCV .....Van Diyk ...Tierney
Mcgregor..
Rogic. . Hatate..
Jota... kyogo..
Dembele
Boruc
Lustig CCV VVD Tierney
Rogic Brown McGregor
Forrest Kyogo Edouard

Back