PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

👍they were dead easy to work on. If you carried a bit of hose, a screw driver and a jubilee clip you could fix any water coolant problem 😀
That's why I prefer older cars, easy to work on and a lot less money to fix
Nowadays it's like 'plug and play'
Something goes wrong...go to the dealer, take out the old part, plug in a new one, no tinkering, and "OK, that'll be a squillion dollars sir "
Old school...Rules

Well, we have inland waterways which come from the ocean and the birds might be fresh water drinkers, but if you fall into the water where they live around here, you'll be spluttering as if you just drank a big glass of SIFTO ;-)
Is that not with Georgia pissing in them 😀 your right enough Dill they will hang around the brackish waters as well

That's why I prefer older cars, easy to work on and a lot less money to fix
Nowadays it's like 'plug and play'
Something goes wrong...go to the dealer, take out the old part, plug in a new one, no tinkering, and "OK, that'll be a squillion dollars sir "
Old school...Rules
I was driving a three week old Mercedes truck when it just spluttered and chucked it, felt like a fuel problem. I got the mechanic out and after a bit he told me we would need it towed back to the garage because he could not fix it because the computer wasn’t telling what was wrong with it. I said to him what about going old school and tipping the cab and having a look. He stared at me and said what I’m I meant to look at if the computer isn’t telling what’s wrong 😂😂😀

👍they were dead easy to work on. If you carried a bit of hose, a screw driver and a jubilee clip you could fix any water coolant problem 😀
Absolutely, mine died on a contraflow on the M4 just outside Cardiff in rush hour once, throttle cable had snapped, I thought aw fuck me this is going to be embarrassing 20 thousand angry Welshmen trapped behind me on the motorway! Then I remembered it had a hand throttle on the passenger side to run the pto! Stretched over pulled it out and off she chugged at about 20mph, enough to get me out of the contraflow, fixed the throttle cable on the hard shoulder with string and sticky backed plastic, the full Blue Peter and it got me home, try finding the hand throttle for a pto on your prius kittens! 😹

I was driving a three week old Mercedes truck when it just spluttered and chucked it, felt like a fuel problem. I got the mechanic out and after a bit he told me we would need it towed back to the garage because he could not fix it because the computer wasn’t telling what was wrong with it. I said to him what about going old school and tipping the cab and having a look. He stared at me and said what I’m I meant to look at if the computer isn’t telling what’s wrong 😂😂😀
That’s the trouble now, there’s no old style mechanics, only part fitters, computer tells then whit wrang and the swap it oot,
Last Saturday, gave big red a service oil change (7 ltrs) new oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, new fuel lift pump, and treated it to a new snorkel as the old one was rusted…..total cost for everything £120 took 3 hrs including coffee, costs £50 just for a “mechanic” to plug his computer intae yir modern car 🤣🤣

That’s the trouble now, there’s no old style mechanics, only part fitters, computer tells then whit wrang and the swap it oot,
Last Saturday, gave big red a service oil change (7 ltrs) new oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, new fuel lift pump, and treated it to a new snorkel as the old one was rusted…..total cost for everything £120 took 3 hrs including coffee, costs £50 just for a “mechanic” to plug his computer intae yir modern car 🤣🤣
Needless to say when we got it back to the workshop one of the older mechanics tipped the cab and spotted right away one of the fuel lines had slackened off. Two turns with a spanner and all was good. A full shift lost and a backlog of deliveries thanks to computer boy 🤬

My mate owns a garage and while he's a great guy and honest as the day's long, I do what I can to fix any problems myself, as $120 an hour, soon adds up
My boys are well versed in the mechanics stuff and my son in law is a heavy duty diesel mechanic...the trades are the way to go
You tube is a handy resource when you're looking at dong some 'fixes' when 'shit happens' car wise
HH

My wife and I just had a wee moment there, (something in our eyes) Beau Christmas Eve 2018.jpglooking back through some photos and this popped up
We lost this beautiful big bear earlier this year, but this was Christmas eve down in the US
Micahel, take care of our Bhoy, and Beau, you do the same with oor Michael
A couple of Noise Legends taken from us, but forever in our hearts
Bless all the Noisers
YNWA

Told yees a hud a yellow snow shovel
Gave it a workout today
iabturg.jpg

A great Christmas Day with the family
Me and the wee yin played in the snow and it was Baltic, -11 and high winds, but she had a ball, making snow angels and eating icicles and pelting Papa with snowballs
jyY3zhr.jpg

Georgia and her best Bud, Charlie played in the snow all day and into the evening
Georgia loves the cold, but Charlie, being a lab needed a sweater on lol
They charged around in the snow and you'll see how fast they go if you enlarge the photo...a couple of racehorses ;-)
uPE7hBx.jpg

We didn't need to put MD's favourite tipple in the fridge, as Mother Nature takes care of chilling the Stella
E4QznoZ.jpg

Sledders at the park this morning
EWJe1tI.jpg

Georgia dug up a branch from under the snow
ajgVeRu.jpg

The guys from Winnipeg know how to do Winter right
xC3HSKE.jpg

Bottom of the hill after Georgia took me a run
FuU8qqw.jpg

-11 with a howling wind, and it's time to represent
Northern Parka, insulated boots, Celtic scarf and toque
L5uA8ZE.jpg

Baltic, doesn't quite cover it but the weans loved the hill
Georgia wanted to run down with them, me...not so much
Hope the Boxing Day hangovers are short and you are all in good shape

HH

Well, I hope everyone had a great festive weekend
Just in from the garage where I had to repair my circular saw (yes, again...told you, I'm banned from using power tools)
I chopped some wood for the fire, as it's 'cool' outside to say the least, and yes, it is actually minus 20 right now with the windchill
I was throwing the ball for Georgia earlier, she was running through the snow like a 'one horse open sleigh..." when suddenly I heard the loud shrill cry of an eagle
Two of them flew right over our roof, and then perched on top of the neighbours tree about 50' up, they are just sitting looking around, but better to be safe than sorry, as you never know when food is scarce for the wildlife
In the Summer, I'm in the house, and I hear crows shrieking in the trees across the road
I go out to investigate the commotion, and there's about 2 dozen crows dive bombing an eagle which had swooped down, and grabbed a crow right off the branches
It sat there for a few minutes then flew away with a crow in it's talons
Nature provides I guess
9Csgnnz.jpg

eUGOAtn.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I hope everyone had a great festive weekend
Just in from the garage where I had to repair my circular saw (yes, again...told you, I'm banned from using power tools)
I chopped some wood for the fire, as it's 'cool' outside to say the least, and yes, it is actually minus 20 right now with the windchill
I was throwing the ball for Georgia earlier, she was running through the snow like a 'one horse open sleigh..." when suddenly I heard the loud shrill cry of an eagle
Two of them flew right over our roof, and then perched on top of the neighbours tree about 50' up, they are just sitting looking around, but better to be safe than sorry, as you never know when food is scarce for the wildlife
In the Summer, I'm in the house, and I hear crows shrieking in the trees across the road
I go out to investigate the commotion, and there's about 2 dozen crows dive bombing an eagle which had swooped down, and grabbed a crow right off the branches
It sat there for a few minutes then flew away with a crow in it's talons
Nature provides I guess
9Csgnnz.jpg

eUGOAtn.jpg
Might be safer if you give Georgia the saw Dill! 😹

Bit frosty this morning, but the place looks like a Christmas card after our recent snowfall
Park was empty this morning, compared to the last couple of days when the sledders were out in full force
Georgia of course, loves running in the snow, which is not my favourite thing to do, but I hang on for dear life, and the snow is deep enough not to cause any permanent damage to the auld yin
The pond is frozen, and we're supposed to get more snow tonight, and the temperature is dropping again...this has been a wonderful Christmas for us, the kids love it, the place looks lovely and clean, and Lennono and a few others would do it proud, with their photographic genius
My mate in Mexico sent me a message, it was +28 on Christmas Day...Viva Mexico...!!!
I actually love snow, now that I don't have to work in it
Hope you all are well rested and staying safe, and Santa was good to you
HH

glb1MH3.jpg

tsFEGW5.jpg

2lfWMOb.jpg

7YnzEA6.jpg

esd5Adb.jpg

5AeJaWU.jpg

rdGLOGY.jpg

mZQ49ta.jpg

V2lNCEu.jpg