PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

I heard a swan wings are that powerful they can break your neck if you get too close when they are raging and hissing
They are huge and when angry can break your arm with a flailing wing
Amazingly fast too
I taught ocean kayaking for many years, and the first thing to remember is you're in their habitat so respect all wildlife and give them a wide berth...unless one of your own is in danger 😁
The view from my office back when...Kayaking viewpoint .jpg

The thread has taken a disturbing turn, swans are mental, this was when my daughter and I went for a paddle on the river a few years ago, and she got attacked by a couple of swans, she froze, and stopped paddling, so I had to intervene, and the big male flew at me
On a cheerier note, here's a pic of Georgia waiting on her mince n tatties last nightView attachment 16934View attachment 16935
Aye they're nasty things got a rite bad temper swans

I heard a swan wings are that powerful they can break your neck if you get too close when they are raging and hissing
They're mentalists, 2 came after me when I was sat on a bench eating a roll and square sausage at a local park a couple of years ago! Hissing and flapping! I tried to front them out then thought fuck bravery, chucked them my roll and bolted!

They are huge and when angry can break your arm with a flailing wing
Amazingly fast too
I taught ocean kayaking for many years, and the first thing to remember is you're in their habitat so respect all wildlife and give them a wide berth...unless one of your own is in danger 😁
The view from my office back when...View attachment 16936
Awe man look at that superb 😍ur a bit of an action man DILLIGAF eh
They're mentalists, 2 came after me when I was sat on a bench eating a roll and square sausage at a local park a couple of years ago! Hissing and flapping! I tried to front them out then thought fuck bravery, chucked them my roll and bolted!
Av tried standing my ground way the fuckers aswell a pair of them crazy big things man the fact I'm typing this tells u for once in my life I shat it🤣🤣

Awe man look at that superb 😍ur a bit of an action man DILLIGAF eh

Av tried standing my ground way the fuckers aswell a pair of them crazy big things man the fact I'm typing this tells u for once in my life I shat it🤣🤣
'Action Man'...used to be a wee bit, but now my arse is firmly attached to the couch
I'm not allowed to use power tools anymore, or ladders, family's orders
I don't have any photo;s but 3 months after my open heart surgery, I was cleaning the gutters and fell off the ladder, landing on the back deck patio table and destroying the table and getting the shop vac full of leaves and dirty water cascade down all over me and the deck
A few months later, everyone at work, me and the ladder had another adventure, pruning our trees
Was cutting a thick branch when the Loppers bit in and stuck and the ladder kicked out, was only about 8' up and was praying the branch wouldn't break, but it did cut through as I was hanging onto both handles, and yes, gravity took over
Boom ! Down on my shoulder and side...but, nobody saw
Then my son gets home, comes up and inquires as to how the tree branches which had been hanging over our fence had disappeared
A couple of weeks ago, I'm using my circular saw, got distracted and the saw quit working...the cord had worked it's way in between the guard and the blade...
I have since fixed the saw but it's off limits now
This getting old shit, ain't for cissies

Minus 5 this morning, so we headed down to the beach (as you do) 😁
It was surprisingly deserted :unsure: :rolleyes:
Snow is on it's way apparently, so no fears as my SUV goes anywhere
She was like Bambi on ice at times, and started chewing the ice, but I stayed clear as I didn't have on my Perma Grip soles, 19.99 oota Timpsons
BhQ3DIv.jpg

bnecJwu.jpg

MF0rePQ.jpg

Zoa03Ky.jpg

And back in the car for the trip home, sor some breakfast
sYMi486.jpg

Minus 5 this morning, so we headed down to the beach (as you do) 😁
It was surprisingly deserted :unsure: :rolleyes:
Snow is on it's way apparently, so no fears as my SUV goes anywhere
She was like Bambi on ice at times, and started chewing the ice, but I stayed clear as I didn't have on my Perma Grip soles, 19.99 oota Timpsons
BhQ3DIv.jpg

bnecJwu.jpg

MF0rePQ.jpg

Zoa03Ky.jpg

And back in the car for the trip home, sor some breakfast
sYMi486.jpg
What sort of motor is that Dill? Looks a bit capable!

What sort of motor is that Dill? Looks a bit capable!
It's a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport
5 Litre V-6 engine and 4 wheel drive
It's been in the family for about 17 years
I traded a 93 Honda Del Sol, straight across for it
We've had about 5 Explorers, and they've served us well
Last year, we had two in the driveway
I kept the Sporty and decided to sell my '99 Eddie Bauer Edition (fully loaded) Explorer
I called a mate and asked if he knew anyone who might be interested, could he let me know
He said..."This is fucking unbelievable, my daughter called me this morning asking if I could help her find her first car
I sent him some photos and he called me back saying they would be out to take a look at it that weekend
It was immaculate, I had taken good care of it, it had no rust and had every option available, as it was the top of the line model, plus being a 4x4 would go anywhere, Summer or Winter
He told me, his daughter had told him,she looked at the photos, and said it was too big, it was 20 years old, (same year she was born in fact) she wasn't exactly sold on the idea of her first car being a 'truck' and she was thinking of taking out a bank loan, and getting a sports car (kids eh ?) Then they pulled into the driveway
Needless to say she loves 'Eddie' the Explorer and with the bad weather already making an appearance, she's loving it, with all the options (heated seats as well) he's happy that she's got a bit of steel to protect her in traffic, so win/win

I gave it to her for $1000
He's happy, she's happy (see pic) and that makes me happy
NX55r6b.jpg

Eddie in the snow
sTIf38T.jpg

Eddie in the driveway
kg87Zv1.jpg

It's a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport
5 Litre V-6 engine and 4 wheel drive
It's been in the family for about 17 years
I traded a 93 Honda Del Sol, straight across for it
We've had about 5 Explorers, and they've served us well
Last year, we had two in the driveway
I kept the Sporty and decided to sell my '99 Eddie Bauer Edition (fully loaded) Explorer
I called a mate and asked if he knew anyone who might be interested, could he let me know
He said..."This is fucking unbelievable, my daughter called me this morning asking if I could help her find her first car
I sent him some photos and he called me back saying they would be out to take a look at it that weekend
It was immaculate, I had taken good care of it, it had no rust and had every option available, as it was the top of the line model, plus being a 4x4 would go anywhere, Summer or Winter
He told me, his daughter had told him,she looked at the photos, and said it was too big, it was 20 years old, (same year she was born in fact) she wasn't exactly sold on the idea of her first car being a 'truck' and she was thinking of taking out a bank loan, and getting a sports car (kids eh ?) Then they pulled into the driveway
Needless to say she loves 'Eddie' the Explorer and with the bad weather already making an appearance, she's loving it, with all the options (heated seats as well) he's happy that she's got a bit of steel to protect her in traffic, so win/win

I gave it to her for $1000
He's happy, she's happy (see pic) and that makes me happy
NX55r6b.jpg

Eddie in the snow
sTIf38T.jpg

Eddie in the driveway
kg87Zv1.jpg
I thought it was Ford but I was thinking Bronco, I'm not really in the know with North American models, I had a 110 Land-rover for years, great in deep snow, fucking terrifying on ice I'd rather be in a fiesta! It's suspension was great but the engines were typically old school British, 2.5 na diesel, run for ever but utterly gutless! Not quite a 5L V6!
I'll send you some photos.

Members online

Back