PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

I thought it was Ford but I was thinking Bronco, I'm not really in the know with North American models, I had a 110 Land-rover for years, great in deep snow, fucking terrifying on ice I'd rather be in a fiesta! It's suspension was great but the engines were typically old school British, 2.5 na diesel, run for ever but utterly gutless! Not quite a 5L V6!
I'll send you some photos.
Sounds good mate
I had a LandRover Freelander
It was nice but it was too small and the brakes went at 13,000 Kms
The rotors would overheat warping the brakes, after getting the run around on a phone call, by their service manager, ( he sat behind a computer and wore a blazer and shirt and tie) and thought he was the King..."Not so young fuckwit..."
I went in for a 'discussion' and asked for the owner, not the monkey, I want to speak to the organ grinder...and lo and behold he showed up
After a ten minute discussion, he saw things my way and next day I returned the loaner and got my LR back, fixed, and at no charge
"When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds, will follow"
General George S. Patton (and me)

I thought it was Ford but I was thinking Bronco, I'm not really in the know with North American models, I had a 110 Land-rover for years, great in deep snow, fucking terrifying on ice I'd rather be in a fiesta! It's suspension was great but the engines were typically old school British, 2.5 na diesel, run for ever but utterly gutless! Not quite a 5L V6!
I'll send you some photos.
Ma car, “big red” owned him for 21 years, worth crazy money, insured for 25k I even think that’s undervalued, similar spec cars 35-40k
Spent 10k on a body off refurb, new galvanised chassis etc
Great in water up to 4ft then the back end floats, great in snow up to 2ft then it starts to snowplough tons of snow, full 7 seat station wagon that’s 6” longer than a Nissan micro, and 2ft shorter than a Ford Focus
D53F1972-9798-4FA8-B09F-6A03407DAA23.jpeg806D57A6-7949-456F-9A59-93375A9F39D4.jpeg

Ma car, “big red” owned him for 21 years, worth crazy money, insured for 25k I even think that’s undervalued, similar spec cars 35-40k
Spent 10k on a body off refurb, new galvanised chassis etc
Great in water up to 4ft then the back end floats, great in snow up to 2ft then it starts to snowplough tons of snow, full 7 seat station wagon that’s 6” longer than a Nissan micro, and 2ft shorter than a Ford Focus
View attachment 17036View attachment 17037
My mate had a DEFENDER and that thing was indestructible
The problem with British cars out here, the older ones especially, is they don't like the cold and usually the electrical issues in Winter, turn people off
I like the old North American muscle cars, they had style and I enjoy watching shows like 'Counts Customs' (Reality car show series, in Las Vegas) and Rust Valley Restorers (they're in the BC Interior)
Love seeing them restore, and/or customize, the cars they get in the show
Amazing how skilled some guys are when it comes to fabrication, paint etc

My son in law was looking for a truck
My mate was selling one
Done deal
2005 Ford F-350, fully loaded, air bag shocks in the rear, the full boonah
That thing was a beast
And he got a great deal on it
In fact, when my daughter saw it, and they test drove it, when they got back to my mate's house, she piped up "Buy this truck !!!"
Att's my girl !!!
Eriks F-350 .jpg

A beach walk this morning
It was cool, but dry
Apparently, the snow's on it's way in the the next day or two, for us
kfA0SCu.jpg

She even dipped her paws into the bay, but a wee bot frosty for a paddle ;-)
henGEbD.jpg

The trails are brilliant and she's always on alert
X4slZ9d.jpg

She heard something rustling in the bushes and stopped
tFmtsdX.jpg

But she did find a big crab shell and decided it might be a good snack
kQo5gcr.jpg

They're mentalists, 2 came after me when I was sat on a bench eating a roll and square sausage at a local park a couple of years ago! Hissing and flapping! I tried to front them out then thought fuck bravery, chucked them my roll and bolted!
I used to know an old bloke from Easterhouse who used to snag a swan from Drumpelier park every year for Christmas dinner, he said it was the tastiest poultry he had ever tasted. He said the reason they had royal protection was because they tasted so good it would stop the commoners eating them

I used to know an old bloke from Easterhouse who used to snag a swan from Drumpelier park every year for Christmas dinner, he said it was the tastiest poultry he had ever tasted. He said the reason they had royal protection was because they tasted so good it would stop the commoners eating them
30 odd years ago,as in a work truck, when the driver (Hungarian) slammed the brakes on, got out and started running towards the ditch, throwing rocks at the ducks in the water
I thought WTAF ???
He didn't hit any, and they all flew away, but as he got back into the cab, he said "Fucking ducks !!!...I wanna catch one, and take it home for dinner"
From then on, I stayed out of his reach...not that I looked anything like a duck of course, but we have grocery stores here...just saying

A mate of mine got one years ago (via his shotgun ) he said it was a tasty burd, he assumed he'd get a royal pardon since he was a hun. 🙄

I would think they'd be salty AF, with all the salt water and garbage they shove down their gullets,but who knows
And now, I'm hungry

A mate of mine got one years ago (via his shotgun ) he said it was a tasty burd, he assumed he'd get a royal pardon since he was a hun. 🙄
I was walking round Drumpelier loch a few months ago and I seen an old boy feeding the ducks with bread at the side of the path, suddenly he sunk the boot into one and then wrang its neck and stuck it in a carrier bag and ran away. I was pissing myself and thought fair play to the poor old cunt. I saw him a bit later driving a brand new BMW four wheel drive 😂

I was walking round Drumpelier loch a few months ago and I seen an old boy feeding the ducks with bread at the side of the path, suddenly he sunk the boot into one and then wrang its neck and stuck it in a carrier bag and ran away. I was pissing myself. I seen him later driving a brand new BMW four wheel drive 😂
Hope the old cunt, gets fucking knob rot

My mate had a DEFENDER and that thing was indestructible
The problem with British cars out here, the older ones especially, is they don't like the cold and usually the electrical issues in Winter, turn people off
I like the old North American muscle cars, they had style and I enjoy watching shows like 'Counts Customs' (Reality car show series, in Las Vegas) and Rust Valley Restorers (they're in the BC Interior)
Love seeing them restore, and/or customize, the cars they get in the show
Amazing how skilled some guys are when it comes to fabrication, paint etc
My 110 was so basic it only had about 6 wires, true to form they all went wrong. Gave up trying to fix them eventually and rewired the whole thing in about 3 hours. It was 25-30 years old, I had it for 7 or 8 years, sold it for more than I bought it for, sailed through every mot only ever needing a couple of quid on light bulbs or the like, insurance was buttons, it was properly cheap to run, fuel consumption wasn't great but compared to running most cars, depreciation, insurance, servicing etc the big Landy was a bloody bargain.

Most swans and ducks are fresh water dwellers
Well, we have inland waterways which come from the ocean and the birds might be fresh water drinkers, but if you fall into the water where they live around here, you'll be spluttering as if you just drank a big glass of SIFTO ;-)

My 110 was so basic it only had about 6 wires, true to form they all went wrong. Gave up trying to fix them eventually and rewired the whole thing in about 3 hours. It was 25-30 years old, I had it for 7 or 8 years, sold it for more than I bought it for, sailed through every mot only ever needing a couple of quid on light bulbs or the like, insurance was buttons, it was properly cheap to run, fuel consumption wasn't great but compared to running most cars, depreciation, insurance, servicing etc the big Landy was a bloody bargain.
👍they were dead easy to work on. If you carried a bit of hose, a screw driver and a jubilee clip you could fix any water coolant problem 😀

Back