PICTURE GALLERY Part Two

Even before the pandemic I always tried to support small, local businesses, and last week, I saw a post by a young girl, who raises money for animal shelters, saying she was making 'Bees' for $20
Any colour you want, so I ordered one for Liliana, and asked for green and white, it's so soft & cute, and she'll love her new friend Buzzy, or whatever she names it
So, ordered this one and picked it up for Liliana, who will love it
Along with her unicorn boots which Papa found for her
She loves unicorns, rainbows, and the colour purple
Her first NHL hockey game tomorrow night with Daddy and Papa, and we've got a surprise for her at the game...she's going to get a visit from the Street Team and FIN the team mascot (hopefully)
Fun Times Buzzy Bee 2.jpgBuzzy Bee 1.jpg
lr4Iqn3.jpg

NFwungV.jpg

Even before the pandemic I always tried to support small, local businesses, and last week, I saw a post by a young girl, who raises money for animal shelters, saying she was making 'Bees' for $20
Any colour you want, so I ordered one for Liliana, and asked for green and white, it's so soft & cute, and she'll love her new friend Buzzy, or whatever she names it
So, ordered this one and picked it up for Liliana, who will love it
Along with her unicorn boots which Papa found for her
She loves unicorns, rainbows, and the colour purple
Her first NHL hockey game tomorrow night with Daddy and Papa, and we've got a surprise for her at the game...she's going to get a visit from the Street Team and FIN the team mascot (hopefully)
Fun Times View attachment 17731View attachment 17732
lr4Iqn3.jpg

NFwungV.jpg
Now who doesn't love a unicorn boot?

Fucking BALTIC but sunny this morning
A windy minus 10 so got all happed up, to go for our morning walk
The wind wid bring tears tae a gless eye' but at least it's not raining/snowing
She's got her Fall colours still
ur2nzgb.jpg

Layers of fleece, help keep you warm in the biting wind
fGTzarN.jpg

She found a stick, and brought it home as a chew toy
0DoZ79S.jpg

Thought this was very cool from last night's NHL game
The Canucks goalie Thatcher Demko sporting a new face mask, with a cool iconic image of a former captain (Trevor Linden) and goalie (Kirk McLean)
Demko's mask .jpg

The actual iconic post game photo
The Canucks played the New York Rangers and won game 6 to ensure a game 7, in the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals
The Canucks lost, but that team went down in history as one of the greatest Canucks teams ever
They all played for the jersey, and they are respected to this day
McLean and Linden .jpg

6 o' clock Saturday morning, the wee yin, about to head North in this rig
I asked if she needed a 'punt'
It was nice and clear and frosty on departure
It started snowing heavily up there this morning, and it was -17
Safe and sound now, and flying home
YAvgjzN.jpg

WIll repost this on St. Patrick's Day thread when one is put up
I met big Pat on a job site one day
Shook hands with him, and my hand disappeared into his big paw, he had hands like steam shovels...a true giant of a man, and a proud Irishman
So goes the story:

Pat Quinn went to a Boston bar after knocking out Bobby Orr in a game… For a moment, Quinn had forgotten where he was and what he had done the night before, and he thought it might be his final mistake.
Quinn was a rookie with the Toronto Maple Leafs, and death threats or no death threats, was expected to fetch the beer for the bus ride. He did what was expected.
Down the street from the Garden, a sportsbar was overflowing with Bruin fans, hard-nosed Bostonians who had been at the game and been angry the great Orr had not played. And the man responsible stepped through the front door - through their front door and into their bar.
Quinn edged through the crowd toward the bartender when a shout came from behind him.
“Hey, it’s Quinn! It’s Quinn!”
The big rookie froze. How could he have been so stupid, so careless? He looked for an escape route. No chance. People were wedged six deep around him. In the tense silence, he waited for the first fist, or bottle or worse.
A hand came at him, but instead of going for Quinn’s granite jaw, landed squarely on his back. Then another.
“Nice hit, Patty boy. Nice hit.”
The men around him smiled, and Quinn felt blessed to be Irish-Catholic in an Irish-Catholic town.
“On the house,” the bartender said.
Pat Quinn.jpg

(Not my photo - taken by someone called Garry Stevenson)

Has anyone seen the new sculpture The Shipbuilders of Port Glasgow by John McKenna? He is the same sculptor who did the Big Jock & Billy statues at Celtic Park, Jinky at the memorial garden and Bon Scott at Kirriemuir.

I must admit I not too sure about them but I imagine they are pretty impressive in real life.

They are 33 feet tall and also known as 'The Skelpies'! 🤣

FB_IMG_1646078078664.jpg

(Not my photo - taken by someone called Garry Stevenson)

Has anyone seen the new sculpture The Shipbuilders of Port Glasgow by John McKenna? He is the same sculptor who did the Big Jock & Billy statues at Celtic Park, Jinky at the memorial garden and Bon Scott at Kirriemuir.

I must admit I not too sure about them but I imagine they are pretty impressive in real life.

They are 33 feet tall and also known as 'The Skelpies'! 🤣

View attachment 17922
That's fantastic
And the 'Skelpies' that is brilliant
My family worked in the yards in Greenock and the Port, I started out there when I left school, but got the opportunity to emigrate and took it
My roots have the Clyde running through them
Thanks for posting that pal, it's brilliant
HH

6 o' clock Saturday morning, the wee yin, about to head North in this rig
I asked if she needed a 'punt'
It was nice and clear and frosty on departure
It started snowing heavily up there this morning, and it was -17
Safe and sound now, and flying home
YAvgjzN.jpg
Punching mate ...and the motors no bad tae

Back