Picture Gallery

Harvest wins Frank, but not by much, love the feel of the acoustic tracks and then there's the rawness in Alabama & Words. I'm smiling you've just made me put it on.

Switched onto Neil hearing Harvest Moon through my old bhoy as a teen, its just grew arms and legs from there on including the Springfield. I've seen him about 7/8 times and hopefully many more to come. Also seen the sidekicks CSN a raft of times. They don't make them like these guys anymore.

Not sure if you know about this site he has, price of a half a bottle of beer a month and you have his whole back catalogue in HD. Its a treasure trove for a fan.

Got loads of his stuff Stg, but I'll definitely check this out . I know what you mean it's almost impossible to pick a favourite album. Yip, CSN were also a class act and that's right across the board. Their songwriting and musicianship. Pure class.

You may know the story Stg but I'm gonna bore you anyway. When CSN&Y were to perform their first gig together at Woodstock in '69 Joni Mitchell was meant to go along and perform with them. At the last minute she was offered a gig on tv and she thought that would benefit her career more, so she took it. The guys weren't too happy with her so she said look guys, I'll right you a song for your gig. In something like 15 minutes she wrote the song Woodstock. CSN&Y were a sensation. The rest is, of course, history.

The song didn't do Mathews Southern Comfort any harm either. Well I friggin' told ye I was gonna bore ye !

Got loads of his stuff Stg, but I'll definitely check this out . I know what you mean it's almost impossible to pick a favourite album. Yip, CSN were also a class act and that's right across the board. Their songwriting and musicianship. Pure class.

You may know the story Stg but I'm gonna bore you anyway. When CSN&Y were to perform their first gig together at Woodstock in '69 Joni Mitchell was meant to go along and perform with them. At the last minute she was offered a gig on tv and she thought that would benefit her career more, so she took it. The guys weren't too happy with her so she said look guys, I'll right you a song for your gig. In something like 15 minutes she wrote the song Woodstock. CSN&Y were a sensation. The rest is, of course, history.

The song didn't do Mathews Southern Comfort any harm either. Well I friggin' told ye I was gonna bore ye !
The show you refer to was the Dick Cavett show and CSNY made it back on time with Mungo Jerry to perform with her on the bill

and here is the proof

oh and another story about Woodstock

From a radio interview program "On The Record" by Mary Turner in 1979, Neil was asked about what he remembered of Woodstock:
Young: "One of things I remember about Woodstock was trying to get there to play. As it turns out, the charter plane I was on with Jimi Hendrix flew into the wrong airport. We were supposed to be picked by a helicopter. The roads were jammed and there was nobody at the airport, so we had no way to get to the concert.

So we're standing at the airport with Melvin Belli [an attorney] trying to figure out what to do. And Melvin Belli steals this pickup truck parked at the airport.

So it's the three of us in this stolen pickup truck trying to get to the Woodstock concert to play -- Jimi, Melvin & me.

That's what I really remember about Woodstock.
it didn't sound a bad way to live in those days, i was born 30 years too late

The show you refer to was the Dick Cavett show and CSNY made it back on time with Mungo Jerry to perform with her on the bill

and here is the proof

From a radio interview program "On The Record" by Mary Turner in 1979, Neil was asked about what he remembered of Woodstock:

Another laugh or love one, S............if it's any consolation, I was born 20 years too late

and here is the proof

People say if you can remember the sixties you weren't really there.......lot of shite, I was there and thankfully can remember every bit of it. Am boring a feck as you know Stg, but at least I remember the things most of my mates have forgotten. Sobriety has its rewards...... honest.

People say if you can remember the sixties you weren't really there.......lot of shite, I was there and thankfully can remember every bit of it. Am boring a feck as you know Stg, but at least I remember the things most of my mates have forgotten. Sobriety has its rewards...... honest.
It's never too late to fall off the wagon when there's a crazy horse pulling on the reins, Frank

Your not boring Frank, just pissing WITH the wind by comparison

I'm afraid that i'd have gotten on very well with your pals Frank, if only i could remember the names

Harvest wins Frank, but not by much, love the feel of the acoustic tracks and then there's the rawness in Alabama & Words. I'm smiling you've just made me put it on.

Switched onto Neil hearing Harvest Moon through my old bhoy as a teen, its just grew arms and legs from there on including the Springfield. I've seen him about 7/8 times and hopefully many more to come. Also seen the sidekicks CSN a raft of times. They don't make them like these guys anymore.

Not sure if you know about this site he has, price of a half a bottle of beer a month and you have his whole back catalogue in HD. Its a treasure trove for a fan.

A couple of years ago, a mate of mine who works in the movie industry, was sitting having a coffee break, he struck up a conversation with a guy and they spoke for about half an hour
My mate said "He was an older guy and really interesting, I had the feeling that he was well known but I couldn't remember where I 'knew' him from"
As he left he said, "What's your name ?"
"Bruce"
"I'm Neil"
Turns out he had been sitting chatting with Neil Young, and didn't recognise him
No BS, just a regular guy apparently
Have you seen his custom tour bus ?
He's a Buick fan

Back