poor performance disguised by the 4-2 victory

I really don't get these threads like this one.
FFS, it's only 4 games into the start of a new era, and totally dominated the best part of the 4 competive matches, and if we had taken half of the chances created then it would have been 4 handsome wins under our belt.
Instead far to many still prefer to stay in the misery of last season still, don't get that whatsoever.
A starting 11 tonight, where only 3 you could call regular players last season, 4 new signings, and another 4 returning or given there opportunity.
Yes we all know improvement can be made especially in defence, but to try and warrant this level of moaning?
Maybe some still enjoy staying in the misery of last season still, but try telling me that they can't already see vast improvements upon last season then they must be blind altogether.
Got the buzz back again already watching the celts and refuse to let the likes of threads like this to revisit the nightmare of last season.
Must be no pleasing some folk, not prepared to join that club again and certainly won't be doing it any time soon either.

Overall delighted to get the win, going forward we look good and with time and no doubt new signings once Eddie goes we will get even better going forward. However let’s no miss the bigger picture Ange knows he needs several new players in defence but at the moment he has to go with what he has the onus is on the board to back him and get his targets in ASAP.
Things are moving in the right direction,I think later on in this season 3 of the back four won’t be starting games regularly, Eddy will be gone and we’ll have a more settled team with hopefully a new striker as well.We’ll know better were we stand at the end of August.

FFS, it's only 4 games into the start of a new era, and totally dominated the best part of the 4 competive matches, and if we had taken half of the chances created then it would have been 4 handsome wins under our belt.
Instead far to many still prefer to stay in the misery of last season still, don't get that whatsoever.
A starting 11 tonight, where only 3 you could call regular players last season, 4 new signings, and another 4 returning or given there opportunity.
Yes we all know improvement can be made especially in defence, but to try and warrant this level of moaning?
Maybe some still enjoy staying in the misery of last season still, but try telling me that they can't already see vast improvements upon last season then they must be blind altogether.
Got the buzz back again already watching the celts and refuse to let the likes of threads like this to revisit the nightmare of last season.
Must be no pleasing some folk, not prepared to join that club again and certainly won't be doing it any time soon either.
100% spot on John, I really don't get the negative stuff either. Have we got a bit go ? Absolutely. Do I see improvement ? Again, absolutely. I've no wish to tell anybody what to think , but speaking for myself, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing........so far.

100% spot on John, I really don't get the negative stuff either. Have we got a bit go ? Absolutely. Do I see improvement ? Again, absolutely. I've no wish to tell anybody what to think , but speaking for myself, I'm enjoying what I'm seeing........so far.
Isn't it brilliant seeing calmac back to his best again Frank. As much as we would like a few defenders in, CalMac is playing like someone who is irreplaceable and seeing that Grealish being 100M then CalMac must be worth 200M then

Last edited:
Isn't it brilliant seeing calmac back to his best again Frank. As much as we would like a few defenders in, CalMac is playing like someone who is unreplaceable, and seeing that Grealish being 100M then CalMac must be worth 200M then
I'd like to think that Calmac is looked after better by Celtic rather than the way KT was run into the ground. A week off now and again wouldn't be the end of the world and as employers the club have a duty of care to players.

I'd like to think that Calmac is looked after better by Celtic rather than the way KT was run into the ground. A week off now and again wouldn't be the end of the world and as employers the club have a duty of care to players.
Say that will be possible Sammy when things settle down a bit.
Player rotation will play its part in the season I would say still, just need to finalise the squad first.

It's our first win under Ange, the first of many. The new guys are coming good, once he gets all his guys in place we will back at the top. Bitton needs chased, Eddy did his David McCallum impersonation to great effect. Turnbull looked dire at times and I was wondering just what Christie offered - then he scored! Lots of positives from today, for me, Ange dropping Eddy was the best. He won't be pressured to play people who are looking for a move and are in the shop window. Starting to like this guy. The pressure is still on the Board to actually give two hoots, but the main man.... doesn't give a 4x :D.

Must be no pleasing some folk, not prepared to join that club again and certainly won't be doing it any ?

Isn't it brilliant seeing calmac back to his best again Frank. As much as we would like a few defenders in, CalMac is playing like someone who is irreplaceable and seeing that Grealish being 100M then CalMac must be worth 200M then
He Carries the captaincy like, well, a captain, John.

Europa
Last 20 away games in both comps: 8 wins only 40% success. In europa we have conceded 1.7 goals per game, and scored 1 (both before tonight's game). So, lets just enjoy the win the goals, and move on and improve.

By far the most intelligent player in our team John ,one step ahead of the rest everytime and always scanning the park.Im surprised Rodgers never came back for him so we re lucky hes still here .As for Grealish being worth 100m😂think id rather Chiesa in my team .

Sometimes I wonder if fans think it's dead easy to put a team together under a new gaffer coming from different countries being flung together is not easy neither is the job the gaffer has infront of him i think some in our support shud calm the fuck doon a bit it disnae happen overnite ffs our job is to SUPPORT the team and the gaffer might be a new concept to some rite enuf 🤦‍♂️

Sometimes I wonder if fans think it's dead easy to put a team together under a new gaffer coming from different countries being flung together is not easy neither is the job the gaffer has infront of him i think some in our support shud calm the fuck doon a bit it disnae happen overnite ffs our job is to SUPPORT the team and the gaffer might be a new concept to some rite enuf 🤦‍♂️
Well said Cairnsy spot the fuck on 👏👏👏
All the whiners start your own thread 🧵
You can moan to your own kind in peace and silence.
Go in And Stay there

HH 👏

You know I'm far more chilled about this season than last season and it's nothing to do with 10 in a row.
We've a team that's playing decent football some of our older player are starting to look like the players that sweep all in front of them.
The signings look good and the manager knows what he wants.

This team will go places and over at the Govan shithouse they know that.
It'll start to swing our way and I for one am excited at what Big Ange is bringing to Paradise

It took the great managers a while to settle their teams.

Nothing to worry about doom mongers keep on walking

EH?? Would you have taken scoring 4 goals before the game? I would.
Admittedly the 2 conceded were poor defensively. I've watched both a few times today. The 1st came from a punt up the park by Hart, not blaming him it was the right thing to do as Taylor passed it back to him as he had an opposition player bearing down on him. His punt went to Turnbull who did not even compete for the ball and was brushed aside by his opponent, the guy then had time to look up and spot the run, our defence were on their heels and he just ran right through them to score. Now I like Turnbull, but he was a waste of a jersey all night.
A lot are blaming Ralston for the 2nd as he was out of position, but if the Manager wants him to come infield as an inverted FB, he can't be in the right back position as soon as we lose possession. He created our last goal btw. When we got the throw in you can see him signaling to JF he was going to throw it over his head towards the byline, it took a few seconds for the penny to drop with JF and the crowd started booing at how long he was taking to take the shy. Eventually JF realised what he meant and made the run, got the cross in which RC met perfectly, looked like something they had worked on in training.
So let's try and be more positive, 4 pluses against 2 negatives is going in the right direction. Ange needs to have a word with Turnbull though. HH.

What he said...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back