POSSIBLE NEW STRIKER

The Shamrock

The name Wilfried Bony has been put forward by Phil as someone Celtic may be talking to regarding the striker position. What do members think of this as a goer or do you have any other ideas of who would best fill the role in the January transfer target list?

Played for Brendan at Swansea, was very good there, as he was in Holland, went to Man City for the big bucks and like many others, disappeared. Don’t think he’s done much for a couple of seasons.
Certainly the type of striker we should be targeting, would allow Edouard to play off him rather than being the one up front.

Played for Brendan at Swansea, was very good there, as he was in Holland, went to Man City for the big bucks and like many others, disappeared. Don’t think he’s done much for a couple of seasons.
Certainly the type of striker we should be targeting, would allow Edouard to play off him rather than being the one up front.
Very true,Gary and we maybe even see 2 upfront occasionally. That would make a nice attacking change.

Hasn’t the guy been seriously injured? And more of less out of things for quite some time
Bit of a risk... Compper anyone?
Hymmmn!

Any of these...Lys Mousset, Chris Woods, Stefan Okaka, Manolo Gabbiadini or Laurent depoitre? Just thinking Prem players needing a move to reignite their careers.

Bony was incredible at Swansea, i remember his hold up play and final pass to the midfielders running in to the box was top class. Very much in the Dembele mould.

Brendan tried to sign him for Liverpool at one point and i feel that he had tried to sign him for Celtic when he first arrived. Something i had mentioned on the Celtic Blog at the time.

Haven't seen much of him since his Man City days and he looked bang average the last time i seen him play for the Ivory Coast but that seems ages ago now.

If he can play anywhere near the level he was at with Swansea then we're on to a winner.

Bony fit, lean and hungry would be a brilliant signing.

However, only BR will be in any position to judge whether or not the guy is anywhere near his Swansea condition, physically and mentally.

Bit like the wife flashing me a pic of her as a 21 year-old bikini model and saying, 'Fancy a bit?'

Would be my favourite episode of Dr.Who.

Back