Pragmatic Solutions to the virus

oj17

Bhoys,

Lets follow the science.

The reality of this virus is that unfortunately the older community and people with health conditions are at risk - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu. Some older people have had the virus and recovered - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu.

Younger people, especially children have little risk to the virus - fact - this is similar normal in seasonal flu.

Please check the above facts before being a keyboard warrior. Now, and I agree it is true that this virus is not seasonal flu - fact!

So as from the facts above - fit, athletic sportsmen and women are not at risk from either seasonal flu or coronavirus - in very rare case they might get ill or even a death may occur if they have unknown health problems. There is no significant danger of a fit athletic team of 11 players playing each other - they even may catch the virus - which will have little impact other than a few days coughing/fever for that player.

The danger is of course this player transmits to other people who are in the vulnrable bracket. This is what must be prevented and the current advice on self-isolation covers this.

Whats the difference between me going to work today to fix aeroplanes with 30 other staff and meeting customers , than a squad of players meeting another squad of players and having 90 minutes of football. - absolutely nothing. Precautions can still be taken if one of those players has symptoms and self-isolates - protecting the older members of the public who are at risk

After all above info - we could still take excessive precautions - games to played behind closed doors - especially if this is done a training grounds where staff/travel and security is at a minimum - 3 games a week is easily possible - so lets get this season done.

In a response to that - again you have to follow the science.

Yes - almost everybody will become infected - this is a fact! Until a vaccine is created.

No amount of lockdown will prevent this. The purpose of the lockdown is to give the NHS future capacity to prevent death - beds and capacity are higher in summer when seasonal flu reduces. Again the people who are in danger of death are the olde community with health problems.

You have to accept the fact that the virus will infect almost all of us in next year with no or little impact other than a few days cough/fever.

You have to accept the balance of completly shutting down society (not just sport), jobs, shops, banks, travel - wher normal life and the country is completly destroyed and we have a slightly lower death rate - or you accept that we try to have a more normal ( keep jobs, shops, banks and society) and have a slightly higher death rate (of older people) - yes I said it

Uncharted water doc, what was the response to the Spanish flu outbreak that killed 50m?

None of us have lived through a global pandemic. Anyone thinking that this is a temporary and irritating inconvenience and that normality will soon be restored is completely wrong. There is no way that there will be any meaningful football in Europe for the next three months. End of story.

Last edited:
Funeral directors were minted Galway! 🍺
The spanish flu is a quite a bit different - medical treatment is obviosly much more advanced than in 1918 - the misconception of prescribing aspirin could possibly attribute to quite a few deaths. Sadly in the current virus and - we will have our internet 'cures' which will cause more harm than good. The current example of the latest social nonsense is the rumour that ibroprofen make the virus worse - this has no current scientific fact.

None of us have lived through a global pandemic. Anyone thinking that this is a temporary and irritating inconvenience and that normality will soon be restored is completely wrong. There is no way that there will be any meaningful football in Europe for the next three months. End of story.
Its not temporary - until a vaccine is created- as i said almost people will be infected - this virus cannot be prevented. stopping sport or keeping people at home will not prevent it - if anybody beleives the Chinese figures today that they now have almost no new infections or deaths then you are deluded.

A lockdown of all the population for 12 months losing almost everybody's job worldwide - because that is what some people want until a vaccine is available is not acceptable - the virus has to be accepted and realise that on balance it is better to keep society moving and accept that some (sadly older) people may die

What if this is true and that normal life is on hold for two years?
Normal life cant be on hold for 2 years, all people will be out of work in a month - burning their last stick of furniture in 2 months to keep warm, selling their kids for food to survive in 3 months - look what happened to human nature in a two week period in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

But this wont happen - its not the Zombie Apocalypse - some older people will get ill and pass away. The rest of us will have a mild flu like illness for 3 days and get on with it

Bhoys,

Lets follow the science.

The reality of this virus is that unfortunately the older community and people with health conditions are at risk - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu. Some older people have had the virus and recovered - fact - this is similar to normal in seasonal flu.

Younger people, especially children have little risk to the virus - fact - this is similar normal in seasonal flu.

Please check the above facts before being a keyboard warrior. Now, and I agree it is true that this virus is not seasonal flu - fact!

So as from the facts above - fit, athletic sportsmen and women are not at risk from either seasonal flu or coronavirus - in very rare case they might get ill or even a death may occur if they have unknown health problems. There is no significant danger of a fit athletic team of 11 players playing each other - they even may catch the virus - which will have little impact other than a few days coughing/fever for that player.

The danger is of course this player transmits to other people who are in the vulnrable bracket. This is what must be prevented and the current advice on self-isolation covers this.

Whats the difference between me going to work today to fix aeroplanes with 30 other staff and meeting customers , than a squad of players meeting another squad of players and having 90 minutes of football. - absolutely nothing. Precautions can still be taken if one of those players has symptoms and self-isolates - protecting the older members of the public who are at risk

After all above info - we could still take excessive precautions - games to played behind closed doors - especially if this is done a training grounds where staff/travel and security is at a minimum - 3 games a week is easily possible - so lets get this season done.

I got sent a link last night to a twitter group ,all of us had got the flu jag all of us took ill 5 days later all of us are suffering from side effects right up to just now
all our symptoms are exact ,,,all are similar even exact as the virus

from all areas of the country and a far and sportmens /woman healthy folk were suffering the same

So to follow the science

,we need the facts ,the real ones not the ones in the papers and on the news , what there not telling you and nobodys asking is what side effects do you suffer after the 14day period

Notice how they never put an immunoligist in front of the camera or a professional form disease control like they did with the sars and ebola crisis

This virus is apparantly evolving from SARS,if this current form does'nt get us, it's more than likely the next form will, when ye piss mother nature off, be prepared for the consequences, Happy Paddy's day everybody! ☘ 🍺
Come winter time this will come back stronger than it is people believing it's a 3 day flu and back to work on monday aye goood luck with that idea , the realiy will be somewhat different

I saw this guy's interview last month before it was pulled from youtube. I don't know if it's still available.
He's the prof behind the 1989 Biochemical weapons act. Retired now, but interviewed via webcam for a youtube channel. Disturbingly, they removed it. All his credentials check out. A man with a lifetime of experience, and he lays it all bare regards this virus.

He's very matter-of-fact about it all. No sensationalism, spells out what Covid-19 is - weaponised SARS. The result of over a decade's lab work. Notihng to do with facebook urban myth bollocks abou teating bats and snakes or natutral evolution of a virus; this is man-made.

Wuhan lab has form for leaks previously. Well known to the WHO (world health Organisation).
We're dealing with a well-designed biological weapon. The only question we should be asking -is this a deliberate test or an accident?

In a response to that - again you have to follow the science.

Yes - almost everybody will become infected - this is a fact! Until a vaccine is created.

No amount of lockdown will prevent this. The purpose of the lockdown is to give the NHS future capacity to prevent death - beds and capacity are higher in summer when seasonal flu reduces. Again the people who are in danger of death are the olde community with health problems.

You have to accept the fact that the virus will infect almost all of us in next year with no or little impact other than a few days cough/fever.

You have to accept the balance of completly shutting down society (not just sport), jobs, shops, banks, travel - wher normal life and the country is completly destroyed and we have a slightly lower death rate - or you accept that we try to have a more normal ( keep jobs, shops, banks and society) and have a slightly higher death rate (of older people) - yes I said it
You do realise that there is a distinct possibility that science was responsible for introducing the mutation?

Biological engineering, and subsequently biological warfare, are very real things.

I'm pretty sure that Oppenheimer didn't intend on creating weapons of mass destruction when he was splitting atoms, but along with the fantastic discoveries which have helped eliminate some horrific illnesses - science (and those who practice it) have also created new and potentially devastating bacterium that can wipe humanity off of the face of the planet.

Following the science often only raises more questions. There are scientists who believe they have adopted the role of gods in their attempts to find new and interesting ways to create and destroy life.

I believe in science, oj, but I also believe that there are rogue operatives throughout the respective fields of science.

You do realise that there is a distinct possibility that science was responsible for introducing the mutation?

Biological engineering, and subsequently biological warfare, are very real things.

I'm pretty sure that Oppenheimer didn't intend on creating weapons of mass destruction when he was splitting atoms, but along with the fantastic discoveries which have helped eliminate some horrific illnesses - science (and those who practice it) have also created new and potentially devastating bacterium that can wipe humanity off of the face of the planet.

Following the science often only raises more questions. There are scientists who believe they have adopted the role of gods in their attempts to find new and interesting ways to create and destroy life.

I believe in science, oj, but I also believe that there are rogue operatives throughout the respective fields of science.
Spot on SP....enjoy your bat stew! 😉😂😂😂

Back