Premier Sports Cup Final - Celtic v Hibs, Sunday 19th December 2021

All we want is constant improvement in our team,good teams don't usually wait until they become bad teams before they take action, even Stein would replace players after we had won the league. I don't want a team who are good enough to beat Rangers,Hearts,Livingston etc,I want a team who can compete against Juventus,Barca etc.....who's wi me?
Everybody, but the ridiculous amount of money available to even a so called skint Barcelona is grotesque and even if we had that backing it would take us a few seasons to build a world class side , entry to the EPL would help but money doesn't always guarantee success. We will always be underdogs now in the cl such is the chasm between clubs and their spending power

Looking yet again at Kyogo's second goal, I learn something different every time I watch it.
Now, after my 72nd viewing (circa) I'm certain that he is in the class of the greats.

If Ronaldo or Messi had scored that, it would be regaled all over the world as one of their best...ever, and described as sublime, the touch of a God, Brazilliant.
He has to call Maeda, Hatate, and Ideguchi.....wishing them Merry Christmas, and convince them to come over here and feel the love they'll get from the best fans this side of Andromeda.

You can't be taught that by any training, coach, manager or video.
You have to be born with it, its inside you, a skill given to you fashioned from your mother's womb,

"in utero"

With Hart, Ralston, McGregor, Welsh, Kyogo and a vastly improving Bitton......all staying fit as the nucleus of our team, I'm far less worried now than I was a month ago........IF.....

with Maeda and co........the filth must be really concerned about their Covid league trophy being their first and only .......before Liquidation mark 2.

..judging by all their greetin' on Fallow Fellows.
:D:D

Was at the game yesterday, (spoonburner's end), bit of an education in itself!! Guy in front of me kept shouting "feeyin bastards" and "tarriers", while his buddy started of a chorus of "if it wasnae for the Hibees ye'd be huns". They're a fickle bunch but ye can't have it both ways??? The language from a wee wifey along the row would have Gordon Ramsay blushing, regularly dropping the "c" bomb, what a catch. It's a strange experience standing dumbstruck when all around you are louping about like eejits, then consoling yourself to a wee sneaky fist pump a minute later. Poor souls, never even got a chance to get a song going.

Onto the game itself. I had concerns as we went with Taylor & Juranovic especially at defensive set pieces. The two centre halves are not tall or great in the air, although CCV is an absolute monster and regularly won his challenges with sheer strength. Unfortunately his ragdolling of the Hibs players was matched by their ragdolling of his defensive partner, (the Swedish Ambrose). I was delighted to see Doidge was not fit to start as his presence instead of Murphy, (what a waste of space) coupled with more aggressive tactics could have caused us problems. For whatever reason, it looked like Hibs were playing for 0-0 half time and take it from there.

Turnbull's injury not ideal but I think Bitton's introduction gave us a better shape and we saw more of the majestic Rogic. Also, the deliveries from corners improved as Juranovic whipped them in just high enough to clear the first defender but not high enough for the lumbering Hibs defenders to get to them. Starfelt had two great chances and should have hit the target with both glancing headers, (the kind that Welsh scores). I think it really is time Ange gave someone else a run of games, Welsh, or even Scales if he insists on playing Taylor. For me, when CCV arrived Welsh was playing better than Starfelt and didn't deserve to be dropped. I've heard the argument about the money he cost so he needs to play him but by that argument you would need to play Ajeti before Kyogo!!!!. Long for the day we have CCV and Jullien as CBs as I think they would really compliment each other.

I thought Celtic's tactics were brave throughout even defending as 2 v 2 on several occasions when Hibs came out chasing the game but my heart's in my mouth every time the ball goes to Swedish Efe. Finally, what a relief to see the wee man back up top. I was also glad to see he was chasing back much less than normal, probably more to do with Hibs long ball game, (which served them well against Satan's X1) rather than a directive from Ange. Need to wrap most of the players in cotton wool between games. Those who are match fit, playing twice a week, do not need hard training sessions in between and I had to take issue with Ange saying Turnbull's injury was down to fatigue and being unable to rotate, when he has had many opportunities to rest him as showed by the performance of the youngsters v Betis. It seems he needs his hand forced before he stops playing his favorites even when they are fatigued or out of form.....

I want to say a big 'THANKS' to Jota for his part in getting us to the final. He is sorely missed and can't wait to see him back. I hope he gets a cup winners medal for yesterday. A bright shiny one.
After this month, the huns are screaming for VAR.

There's only one team who will gain from it. where more decisions will be called correctly than wrongly, and only one team will suffer from it........... 🤣

Was at the game yesterday, (spoonburner's end), bit of an education in itself!! Guy in front of me kept shouting "feeyin bastards" and "tarriers", while his buddy started of a chorus of "if it wasnae for the Hibees ye'd be huns". They're a fickle bunch but ye can't have it both ways??? The language from a wee wifey along the row would have Gordon Ramsay blushing, regularly dropping the "c" bomb, what a catch. It's a strange experience standing dumbstruck when all around you are louping about like eejits, then consoling yourself to a wee sneaky fist pump a minute later. Poor souls, never even got a chance to get a song going.

Onto the game itself. I had concerns as we went with Taylor & Juranovic especially at defensive set pieces. The two centre halves are not tall or great in the air, although CCV is an absolute monster and regularly won his challenges with sheer strength. Unfortunately his ragdolling of the Hibs players was matched by their ragdolling of his defensive partner, (the Swedish Ambrose). I was delighted to see Doidge was not fit to start as his presence instead of Murphy, (what a waste of space) coupled with more aggressive tactics could have caused us problems. For whatever reason, it looked like Hibs were playing for 0-0 half time and take it from there.

Turnbull's injury not ideal but I think Bitton's introduction gave us a better shape and we saw more of the majestic Rogic. Also, the deliveries from corners improved as Juranovic whipped them in just high enough to clear the first defender but not high enough for the lumbering Hibs defenders to get to them. Starfelt had two great chances and should have hit the target with both glancing headers, (the kind that Welsh scores). I think it really is time Ange gave someone else a run of games, Welsh, or even Scales if he insists on playing Taylor. For me, when CCV arrived Welsh was playing better than Starfelt and didn't deserve to be dropped. I've heard the argument about the money he cost so he needs to play him but by that argument you would need to play Ajeti before Kyogo!!!!. Long for the day we have CCV and Jullien as CBs as I think they would really compliment each other.

I thought Celtic's tactics were brave throughout even defending as 2 v 2 on several occasions when Hibs came out chasing the game but my heart's in my mouth every time the ball goes to Swedish Efe. Finally, what a relief to see the wee man back up top. I was also glad to see he was chasing back much less than normal, probably more to do with Hibs long ball game, (which served them well against Satan's X1) rather than a directive from Ange. Need to wrap most of the players in cotton wool between games. Those who are match fit, playing twice a week, do not need hard training sessions in between and I had to take issue with Ange saying Turnbull's injury was down to fatigue and being unable to rotate, when he has had many opportunities to rest him as showed by the performance of the youngsters v Betis. It seems he needs his hand forced before he stops playing his favorites even when they are fatigued or out of form.....
Wait a minute... Ambrose could play a bit.

Yesterday has really shut a few up I'd imagine so proud of amge and the bhoys his style of fitbaw is a joy to watch only downside was starfelt omg he was a bombscare but its the first bit of silverware and its got green ribbons on it oh and the govanites are proper worried now aswell cause the fat aussie nomark as they like to call him I'd a genius and done in 4 month wit slippy couldnae do in 3 year get it round them now onto the league HH hope yous all enjoyed ur weekend troops glesgas back to being green and white 😉
Watch it Cairnsybhoy Am a Govanite, and and as happy as a pig in sevco guano ! Govan Team Ya Bass. Ah know where you live !

I'm just giving an opinion and what I want to see is a strong Celtic team on the park but most top managers have some degree of rotation, not only to rest players but also to give other squad members game time and experience.

This season is a seismic shift from last and almost all of the credit for that can be laid at big Ange's feet. He has said he expects a certain amount of player attrition due to his strategies and Angeball in general, however I think the glut of fixtures at this time of year has taken him by surprise. I don't like bashing any Celtic players, would love to see them all playing out of their skins every week but I find it frustrating to see "arguably" better players being left on the bench game after game, week after week, when the schedule is so tough, then players falling to injuries through being over-played??

Still battering down Celtic players I’m just glad we won you’d be Efeunbearable if we didny.
still you should be calling for Ange’s head
He picks him so is the problem Ange
Mm

HH 🍀
Step away from the bottle or the pipe. That's the third time you have repeated the same crap.

I think Vigobhoy it depends on how many games he has played in each tournament..
League,League cup,Scottish cup..

HH
You could well be right but he was an ever present since he arrived until a couple of weeks ago so I hope he was rewarded for his efforts.

Step away from the bottle or the pipe. That's the third time you have repeated the same crap.
And you still hammering at Starfelt even comparing him to Efe Ambrose
Can Starfelt get better imo yes does he need to improve Yes is he the only one in the team who needs to get better No they all need to improve that’s what happens when a new manager comes in and throws out the old playbook and wants more.
And in Ange that’s what we have Someone who wants fast flowing forward thinking football this project will take time but by God it’ll be a joy to watch. So imo we need to support the Team all the Team even the players who make mistakes and Starfelt made some yesterday but wasn’t alone.

Can Efe break into the Celtic side Nope
By the way don’t drink don’t smoke (song in there methinks).
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

A big mention to Nir Biton...not everyones cup of tea, not by a long shot...here's a guy who gets played all over the place, gets a game, gets another, gets dropped , gets a game, gets benched..all the time...never moans, never downs tools just gets on with it and plays for the jersey......his form this season ( brain fart v midgetland apart) has been first class
Great player, used as a utility man every year when we have injuries
The big man would play in goal if need be

Some say he 'slows the game down'
Watch Broony in the past few seasons or worse, McCarthy ???
Bitton has skill, can ping a 40 yard pass and he's got a bit of steel in him, when the going gets tough
You either like him, or you don't, but for me, he's the kind of player we need in our squad
He had a great game yesterday

HH

Wednesday night will be another new challenge for Ange, Mc Gregor, Hart and Rogic. Hopefully there will be no sting in the tail. With so many inexperienced winners, who understandably will still be on a high, their experience with calm heads, focus, and doing the basics right will be needed. Another three points, without injuries and it will be super work.

We are building great momentum, work ethic and belief. Just more of the same. Keep the focus on the next match.

Loved Kyogo's goals on the Unique Angle. Class.

Latest posts

Back