Prudence,aye that'll be right!

So big Peter offered Turnbull a "magnifecent wage"that turned out to be around half of what Norwich could give him and we've done the right thing, aye that'll be right, ffs are you all serious about that?

Celtic had better realise soon that we have to pay the going rate even if it's just for potential, if that means £20k a week then that's what we have to do.

For me the boy and his agent made the right decision for his future by going where the money is, if he does do his cruciate in (that some of you have hoped for) then he could be crippled before his career has even started.

As for the people on here who say they would rather play for Celtic for £10k per week rather than £20k elsewhere have to get in the real world, footballers have a short shelf life and any agent worth their salt have always got to look after their clients future, especially when they're young and hardly made a sausage from the game.

i wonder if at the end of the coming season if we've been knocked out of Europe before Christmas and ended up second in the league you'll all still be saying "oh aye but we'll still have a team to support in ten years"

What's the point of having money in the bank and being prudent if we don't win the league and achieve ten in a row, this time next month never mind this time next year you'll all be shouting for big Pete's head in a box for not spending money..just wait and see.
Tell that to your missus in the event that you lose your job. Even better, tell it to your mortgage provider when they foreclose on your house.

Here's another newsflash, say hypothetically that Celtic matched or even bettered the offer, all that happens then is that the cash rich club with bulging pockets just offer more.

It's apparent the boy is more interested in pots of gold than silver trophies, so where does it stop?

These boys should be walking over broken glass to pull on Hoops, not getting their arse bent oot o' shape for a few dollars more.

pay the going rate of subsidised league and go burst without subsidy

turnbull aint worth 20 grand a week

Norwich get lump sum from English fa and tv deals that allows them to pay stupid wages

so if a player wants wages he can go England if they want him paying the going rate bursts us if we don't add that value to the team

And Turnbull doesn't add that value to celtic

besides if he gets 20k

every up and coming celtic player should get it

And every celtic player would need to get a massive wage rise

And within couple years there would be no money in bank and we would need to sell just stay alive which usually means bargain prices

And at that point they either pay what the club can afford and downsize or die like Rangers did.
If it takes £20k a week to buy potential then that's what we have to pay,what's the consequences if we don't get the players we want because we won't pay the wages? i know every business has a wage structure but to be successful you have to take risks.

Celtic can afford £20k a week if they think a player is worth it no problem, my point is they won't pay it because they don't have the ambition that the supporters have.

Last season we got the treble treble,but the league was just a wee bit closer than it should have been, this coming season if we don't recruit properly and get the right players in it might be even closer.

Fuck money in the bank, get it spent and win ten in a row and without risking our future, reasonable success in Europe provides a massive income on its own, so why not speculate to accumulate?

If it takes £20k a week to buy potential then that's what we have to pay,what's the consequences if we don't get the players we want because we won't pay the wages? i know every business has a wage structure but to be successful you have to take risks.

Celtic can afford £20k a week if they think a player is worth it no problem, my point is they won't pay it because they don't have the ambition that the supporters have.

Last season we got the treble treble,but the league was just a wee bit closer than it should have been, this coming season if we don't recruit properly and get the right players in it might be even closer.

Fuck money in the bank, get it spent and win ten in a row and without risking our future, reasonable success in Europe provides a massive income on its own, so why not speculate to accumulate?
thats not taking risks thats destabilising entire club for a nugget who wants money

We can get better value than Turnbull for those wages and transfer

the wee boy doesn't even get close to first tea in 10 in a row side

he doesn't even make sevco better team never mind the treble treble champions

Club will buy players to strengthen

Buying potential at over the odds destroys the value he adds and possible ever will add

Money in bank is only useful if you transform it into quality additions on park.

The boy Turnbull didn't even push Motherwell to top six

I rate Liam Henderson and his wee brother much more then turnbull

And Turnbull must be more into money than development

mulumb miles better than Turnbull and he aint good enough

that money we have in bank must be used to buy first team players we have enough projects waiting for an opening already.

I remember the boom n bust era of a certain club the banking systems etc.... thank fuck Lawwells at the helm than somebody saying fuck it spend the lot.

People that advocate how Celtic spends its dosh should put their money where their mouth is, sell up everything they own and spank it on a horse then give winnings? Ano! To the Celtic Cause. Show us how to make risk advantageous or fuck off

So big Peter offered Turnbull a "magnifecent wage"that turned out to be around half of what Norwich could give him and we've done the right thing, aye that'll be right, ffs are you all serious about that?

Celtic had better realise soon that we have to pay the going rate even if it's just for potential, if that means £20k a week then that's what we have to do.

For me the boy and his agent made the right decision for his future by going where the money is, if he does do his cruciate in (that some of you have hoped for) then he could be crippled before his career has even started.

As for the people on here who say they would rather play for Celtic for £10k per week rather than £20k elsewhere have to get in the real world, footballers have a short shelf life and any agent worth their salt have always got to look after their clients future, especially when they're young and hardly made a sausage from the game.

i wonder if at the end of the coming season if we've been knocked out of Europe before Christmas and ended up second in the league you'll all still be saying "oh aye but we'll still have a team to support in ten years"

What's the point of having money in the bank and being prudent if we don't win the league and achieve ten in a row, this time next month never mind this time next year you'll all be shouting for big Pete's head in a box for not spending money..just wait and see.
Aye pay him the same wage as Tierney...

Aw come on fella........20 grand a week to buy potential?

I doubt there were many art enthusiasts rushing to buy a Van Gogh in the hope that he might cut his lug off and become a visionary.

If there were assurances and guarantees, then fine, but no insurance company is going to give full coverage on a player who's played half-a-season.

At least with a known quantity with some level of pedigree, then even in the worst case scenario where he gets maimed, Celtic still wipe their faces on the insurance.

It's still a risk, but it's a quantifiable risk.

Turnbull is a shot-to-nothing at the moment. He's played the majority of his games against teams in the bottom half of the SPFL and there is no way to measure his quality unless he was playing regularly in our first team.

20 grand for potential? Do we offer the young boy Morrison that much now to stop him from going to Bayern Munich?

Get a handle on it, Timbo

Tell that to your missus in the event that you lose your job. Even better, tell it to your mortgage provider when they foreclose on your house.

Here's another newsflash, say hypothetically that Celtic matched or even bettered the offer, all that happens then is that the cash rich club with bulging pockets just offer more.

It's apparent the boy is more interested in pots of gold than silver trophies, so where does it stop?

These boys should be walking over broken glass to pull on Hoops, not getting their arse bent oot o' shape for a few dollars more.
In my opinion any young footballer that doesn't go and play for the team that pays the best wages is a fool.
it's too short of a career not to secure your future, playing for the Jersey doesn't happen now it's only playing for money that counts.

medals, cups, caps, nothing else matters only money, that's the reality of football, ask most ex pro's who are skint if they'd rather play for the Jersey or money, and the ones who aren't skint just ask them what they played for?

In my opinion any young footballer that doesn't go and play for the team that pays the best wages is a fool.
it's too short of a career not to secure your future, playing for the Jersey doesn't happen now it's only playing for money that counts.

medals, cups, caps, nothing else matters only money, that's the reality of football, ask most ex pro's who are skint if they'd rather play for the Jersey or money, and the ones who aren't skint just ask them what they played for?
Then by that analysis you must be advocating that the majority of our first-team just jog on to pastures new, as they can be paid more by other clubs.

That's the type of attitude that will kill the game stone dead. Not one boy or girl who ever kicked a ball, done it with the intent of ever making money.

Those ex-players never played in an environment where the wage divide was as vast as it is now, so that argument is a false proposition in the first instance. Every ex-pro had to find a career after the game. The modern player, if they are prudent (that's a singular variant on that word prudence) can live comfortably beyond the duration of their playing career. Modern players also pay super-annuation and footballing pension plans are unmatched in any other sector.

You support a team of fools by your own description, Timbo.

Aye sound like a good Celtic fan

Should Tierney Calmac and Forrest all go where they could easily get 80k before bonuses

coz they quite clearly are better than some who get those wages and they could easily get it

Its all about the money

Gimme the money

Fitba honour virtue, love of the game, family all mean nothing

money makes it all wothwhile

Who cares if you waste value

Money

There is a club in Glasgow who likes that system

cloaked finance and criminals right through its spine

They are called Sevco and they wear the rainjurs tap that cost them a quid

Money

Money Duffy

its about money and prices

who cares about value added or anything like that

its just money

give em money

they deserve more

in fact we should petition for reintroduction of EBT so that we can give them money

Or just send our club to the grave with boom n bust couldn’t give a fuck culture.

Some people really need to see if their sums match. Money in versus money out.

Usually huns have problems with this little thing though. I blame the schools.

If you wanna pay 20 grand a week for Turnbull on the basis that Norwich can afford it,you're aff yir fukn heid.norwich will get for one season in the premiership what it'll take us years to accumulate. Obviously you don't have a fkn clue about finances. We're all critical of lawell at times and rightly so but nobody in their right mind thinks we should be paying 20 grand a week for him ffs.

thats not taking risks thats destabilising entire club for a nugget who wants money

We can get better value than Turnbull for those wages and transfer

the wee boy doesn't even get close to first tea in 10 in a row side

he doesn't even make sevco better team never mind the treble treble champions

Club will buy players to strengthen

Buying potential at over the odds destroys the value he adds and possible ever will add

Money in bank is only useful if you transform it into quality additions on park.

The boy Turnbull didn't even push Motherwell to top six

I rate Liam Henderson and his wee brother much more then turnbull

And Turnbull must be more into money than development

mulumb miles better than Turnbull and he aint good enough

that money we have in bank must be used to buy first team players we have enough projects waiting for an opening already.
Tet, it's not particularly the Turnbull situation I'm on about its the mindset of our board, they just don't see the views from the supporters, does the average punter really care if Turnbull was getting 10k or 20k per week? wether or not he was good enough for the first team or even if he was the next Messi was irrelevant, your average supporter just wanted him signed but big Peter wasn't paying above what he thinks was a "magnificent offer"

Was that the same magnificent offer he offered to John mcginn? You keep saying stay within budget or words to that effect and i get that, but paying over the odds for something is done in business every day sometimes it's what you have to do.

If that mindset continues then the standard of footballer we've got just now is as good as it's going to be for the foreseeable future, but that might still be good enough to get to ten in a row, but i don't think we'll see us in the champions league last 16 again until Lawwell goes (just my opinion)

If you wanna pay 20 grand a week for Turnbull on the basis that Norwich can afford it,you're aff yir fukn heid.norwich will get for one season in the premiership what it'll take us years to accumulate. Obviously you don't have a fkn clue about finances. We're all critical of lawell at times and rightly so but nobody in their right mind thinks we should be paying 20 grand a week for him ffs.

????

Members online

Latest posts

Back