Prudence,aye that'll be right!

So big Peter offered Turnbull a "magnifecent wage"that turned out to be around half of what Norwich could give him and we've done the right thing, aye that'll be right, ffs are you all serious about that?

Celtic had better realise soon that we have to pay the going rate even if it's just for potential, if that means £20k a week then that's what we have to do.

For me the boy and his agent made the right decision for his future by going where the money is, if he does do his cruciate in (that some of you have hoped for) then he could be crippled before his career has even started.

As for the people on here who say they would rather play for Celtic for £10k per week rather than £20k elsewhere have to get in the real world, footballers have a short shelf life and any agent worth their salt have always got to look after their clients future, especially when they're young and hardly made a sausage from the game.

i wonder if at the end of the coming season if we've been knocked out of Europe before Christmas and ended up second in the league you'll all still be saying "oh aye but we'll still have a team to support in ten years"

What's the point of having money in the bank and being prudent if we don't win the league and achieve ten in a row, this time next month never mind this time next year you'll all be shouting for big Pete's head in a box for not spending money..just wait and see.

So big Peter offered Turnbull a "magnifecent wage"that turned out to be around half of what Norwich could give him and we've done the right thing, aye that'll be right, ffs are you all serious about that?

Celtic had better realise soon that we have to pay the going rate even if it's just for potential, if that means £20k a week then that's what we have to do.

For me the boy and his agent made the right decision for his future by going where the money is, if he does do his cruciate in (that some of you have hoped for) then he could be crippled before his career has even started.

As for the people on here who say they would rather play for Celtic for £10k per week rather than £20k elsewhere have to get in the real world, footballers have a short shelf life and any agent worth their salt have always got to look after their clients future, especially when they're young and hardly made a sausage from the game.

i wonder if at the end of the coming season if we've been knocked out of Europe before Christmas and ended up second in the league you'll all still be saying "oh aye but we'll still have a team to support in ten years"

What's the point of having money in the bank and being prudent if we don't win the league and achieve ten in a row, this time next month never mind this time next year you'll all be shouting for big Pete's head in a box for not spending money..just wait and see.

I wake up to this kerfuffle on a sunny Thursday and say "Pause before posting". Having an opinion does not make you a hun! There's no need to casually insult each other. Words can hurt. Not just sticks and stones. Calm down people. Behave yourselves and be grown ups. We have far more that unites us than separates us. This thread when you boil it down simply come down to whether your temporal focus is short or long term. In short if your focus is short term then spend spend spend and damn the horses. That route gives you a good time but not a long time. If your focus is longer term then you are cautious. That is the fiduciary duty of a company director. What is your definition of success? Your actions as a director flow from that answer. For me the season will be a success only if we win the league. If not then it will be a failure. Doing well in other trophies is the icing on the cake and nice to have. Now I have to get back to work to help people with real mental health problems.

I wake up to this kerfuffle on a sunny Thursday and say "Pause before posting". Having an opinion does not make you a hun! There's no need to casually insult each other. Words can hurt. Not just sticks and stones. Calm down people. Behave yourselves and be grown ups. We have far more that unites us than separates us. This thread when you boil it down simply come down to whether your temporal focus is short or long term. In short if your focus is short term then spend spend spend and damn the horses. That route gives you a good time but not a long time. If your focus is longer term then you are cautious. That is the fiduciary duty of a company director. What is your definition of success? Your actions as a director flow from that answer. For me the season will be a success only if we win the league. If not then it will be a failure. Doing well in other trophies is the icing on the cake and nice to have. Now I have to get back to work to help people with real mental health problems.

You don’t think he’s a hun?

Ach well at least he will have a convo when he comes back.

You’ve been out the goldfish bowl too long.

You’ve forgotten their stench.

Thats cool, i haven’t ??

Do you not smell shite, Andy?

I don't want to go about making any accusations Shamrock as everybody is entitled to their opinion pal, Timbo might be a youngster himself who knows......but anybody who says we should be ponying up £20 grand a week for this boy and are pointing the finger of blame at Lawell/Celtic for this deal not going through are kidding themselves.

We met Motherwell's £3m valuation, we offered this kid 10 times his current salary, he had the opportunity to win titles and trophies at one of the world's most famous clubs while giving himself a great platform to raise his own profile which would have likely led to him earning a bigger more lucrative move a few years down the line and it still wasn't enough for him :confused:

From start to finish this whole thing has smacked of Turnbull and his agent using Celtic's interest to gain the attention of others elsewhere. I mean did they honestly think Celtic were going to pay this kid £20k a week......not a chance, they knew fine well that wasn't going to happen but they also knew him being linked with Celtic would make others sit up and take notice and that's exactly what's happened.

Fuck I hadn't even heard of him until he was linked with Celtic.

HH pal (y)

I don't want to go about making any accusations Shamrock as everybody is entitled to their opinion pal, Timbo might be a youngster himself who knows......but anybody who says we should be ponying up £20 grand a week for this boy and are pointing the finger of blame at Lawell/Celtic for this deal not going through are kidding themselves.

We met Motherwell's £3m valuation, we offered this kid 10 times his current salary, he had the opportunity to win titles and trophies at one of the world's most famous clubs while giving himself a great platform to raise his own profile which would have likely led to him earning a bigger more lucrative move a few years down the line and it still wasn't enough for him :confused:

From start to finish this whole thing has smacked of Turnbull and his agent using Celtic's interest to gain the attention of others elsewhere. I mean did they honestly think Celtic were going to pay this kid £20k a week......not a chance, they knew fine well that wasn't going to happen but they also knew him being linked with Celtic would make others sit up and take notice and that's exactly what's happened.

Fuck I hadn't even heard of him until he was linked with Celtic.

HH pal (y)

This whole thread stinks of the hun media putting out the same script they put out first thing this morning.

Now what is it their deflecting from i wonder...

Anyway i am happy to call him a hun.

Im not saying he sounds like a hun.

Im saying he is a hun.

it wis a squabble thread Fisiani,it's close season,ergo it's squabble season,fitba's back next wednesday,deep breaths, deep breaths!

If you start a thread out of nowhere, but reference other threads with details of conversations as bait, use msm propaganda, clearly enjoy trolling with twisted twisting, can write very good English, and promote the very ideas that hun propaganda uses to defend the "we done nuffin wrong, didnae die but was shafted for innovation"

then its pretty likely Tim B.O

is a msm stooge, possibly flat earth fan club, hasn't clue about wage structures, zombie with giant red white and blue clown shoes that stink of brown john

Out of the blue but knows in depth details of individuals

New name same smell

You ever notice the trolls almost always promote financial jeopardy while being grade A English students

Strange that

Moonbeams but should be sharp enough to understand that expenses higher than income kills your club if you don't pay your bills on time.

I can understand the angst at Lawell to a certain extent on certain topics

But his risk metric is bang on for adding value

And only adding value makes your team stronger

prices might be wonky but value is fundamental

you make a mistake, one bad mistake with value and price when your trying to compete in a game where every pound you earn sky gives your rivals a 5 pound gift, then 1 bad mistake with value, especially on wages can reek havoc

This whole thread stinks of the hun media putting out the same script they put out first thing this morning.

Now what is it their deflecting from i wonder...

Anyway i am happy to call him a hun.

Im not saying he sounds like a hun.

Im saying he is a hun.

He may very well be Maria.....you might be bang on pal I don't know but one thing I do know for sure is that paying that boy £20 grand a week would've been utter madness ;)

HH Maria :)(y)

Back