Ralston πŸ‘

Lubos left peg

I've spent the last few months criticising Ralston and in my mind rightly so. Caught out of position, caught in possession, poor crossing and daft challenges around the box (armchair football expert 😁)....but....if anyone personifies what Ange has done at Celtic in such a short period of time it's this man. Last night we saw a confident defender who stood his ground against a pacey winger who had a few tricks in his locker. Ralston made him cut back or he won possession while staying on his feet. Only 2 weeks ago he would have dived in and gave away a daft foul on the edge of the box. He didn't hold on to the ball to long, he was looking for his next pass before the ball got to him. His one touch passing into McGregor while under pressure constantly opened up space for us in midfield. Like I said in the match thread, we won't come up against a tougher opponent in scotland, whether our media want to admit that or not it's a fact, and Ralston certainly held his own.
We still need an experienced RB brought in....2 weeks ago I would have said to walk straight into the team but now I'd say it's to battle for the jersey, it's Ralsons to lose at this moment in time. The turnaround in a few weeks has been amazing. What a player we might have. We'll done Ralston πŸ€πŸ‘

Well said Lubo
Been with Celtic since he was 8 years old
Celtic through and through, an honest player and he never hides
He's not fancy, but he does his job and he's thriving under the new boss and his team mates know, he's got their back
Remember the night we got gubbed by PSG, but AR had a few run ins with Neymar
After the game Neymar refused to shake hands with him or swap shirts, according to the MSM, Neymar had already promised his shirt to someone else

Check out the coupon on the diving wee prick
Brilliant player, but an absolute roaster
Anthony Ralston Neymar tackle.jpg

Not intimidated by Neymar on the night
Ralston laughs at Neymar .jpg
Continued success to Anthony Ralston and the Bhoys
COYBIG

Last edited:
I've spent the last few months criticising Ralston and in my mind rightly so. Caught out of position, caught in possession, poor crossing and daft challenges around the box (armchair football expert 😁)....but....if anyone personifies what Ange has done at Celtic in such a short period of time it's this man. Last night we saw a confident defender who stood his ground against a pacey winger who had a few tricks in his locker. Ralston made him cut back or he won possession while staying on his feet. Only 2 weeks ago he would have dived in and gave away a daft foul on the edge of the box. He didn't hold on to the ball to long, he was looking for his next pass before the ball got to him. His one touch passing into McGregor while under pressure constantly opened up space for us in midfield. Like I said in the match thread, we won't come up against a tougher opponent in scotland, whether our media want to admit that or not it's a fact, and Ralston certainly held his own.
We still need an experienced RB brought in....2 weeks ago I would have said to walk straight into the team but now I'd say it's to battle for the jersey, it's Ralsons to lose at this moment in time. The turnaround in a few weeks has been amazing. What a player we might have. We'll done Ralston πŸ€πŸ‘
He never really set the heather on fire, but my only major issue with the wee guy was that he was always trying too bloody hard to impress.

Everything was done with clenched teeth, clenched fists and pumping heart Γ— 2!!!

That alone puts 10% too much ping on every pass, cross and tackle. It also makes you go into a tailspin when your engine malfunctions.

Ange appears to have taken the lad aside and told him that the next game ain't gonna be his last and that he doesn't have to prove himself every time he pulls a shirt on.

Whatever happens in young Tony's future - he is now one of that tiny minority of the population that could tell his children's children that he pulled on the Hoops and scored.

If nothing else happens in his life, at least he has that and I'll bet my right nut that there's more than a few of us on here that would feel blessed to tell that story.

Great post, Lubo..........when a kicking is due then a kicking it is, but when love is in the air, then let's get naked and embrace the good times.

He never really set the heather on fire, but my only major issue with the wee guy was that he was always trying too bloody hard to impress.

Everything was done with clenched teeth, clenched fists and pumping heart Γ— 2!!!

That alone puts 10% too much ping on every pass, cross and tackle. It also makes you go into a tailspin when your engine malfunctions.

Ange appears to have taken the lad aside and told him that the next game ain't gonna be his last and that he doesn't have to prove himself every time he pulls a shirt on.

Whatever happens in young Tony's future - he is now one of that tiny minority of the population that could tell his children's children that he pulled on the Hoops and scored.

If nothing else happens in his life, at least he has that and I'll bet my right nut that there's more than a few of us on here that would feel blessed to tell that story.

Great post, Lubo..........when a kicking is due then a kicking it is, but when love is in the air, then let's get naked and embrace the good times.
Everybody should do at least one legendary thing in their lifetime
I haven't done mine yet, but pulling on the Hoops and running out for the first team is every Celtic supporters dream
Now, as for surgical removal of one or both testicals...hmm...πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”...I'd have to give serious consideration about that
Secondly, the naked embrace thing..."ooer missus 😳

COYBIG

Everybody should do at least one legendary thing in their lifetime
I haven't done mine yet, but pulling on the Hoops and running out for the first team is every Celtic supporters dream
Now, as for surgical removal of one or both testicals...hmm...πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”...I'd have to give serious consideration about that
Secondly, the naked embrace thing..."ooer missus 😳

COYBIG
Ach, my ex-wife could detesticlify you with her raggedy, jaggedy tooth, Dil.

Not without horrific pain and a lot of blood, but quick and to the point.

As for the nudity.........it's how we are borne unto this world and that's good enough for me.

I think we can be a bit harsh on our own personal legendary achievements, Dil. I see happy wee lassies in both yours and Lubos lifelines and that seems pretty legendary to the likes of me.

Ach, my ex-wife could detesticlify you with her raggedy, jaggedy tooth, Dil.

Not without horrific pain and a lot of blood, but quick and to the point.

As for the nudity.........it's how we are borne unto this world and that's good enough for me.

I think we can be a bit harsh on our own personal legendary achievements, Dil. I see happy wee lassies in both yours and Lubos lifelines and that seems pretty legendary to the likes of me.

Thanks SP πŸ‘πŸ’š

I said it on the match thread and I'll say it again here.

Any RB coming in is going to have an enormous fight to get Ralston out of town.

Ange has clearly had an impact on the lad and the improvement is there for all to see.

At the moment, unless we sign an absolute superstar RB I'm more than happy to continue watching a fan play in that position.

He's always given 100%, but he's now adding quality to his effort.

The more homegrown players we have in that team the harder the academy kids will work to achieve the same.

I've got a feeling we're in for one hell of a season!

HH guys πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‘πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‘πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

Brilliant Lubo he was and has been the most improved player and a fight for the jersey that’s what we need. πŸ‘πŸ‘
Have spoke to Doc Fiz said he’ll have a go at that mind of yours. He likes big joabs
You Boax clever and he’ll sort yi oot
HH Lubo

HH πŸ˜‚

Ralston is growing in confidence with every game but so have all the other players except Eddy so it looks like Ange is the one inspiring them to reach their potential.

We can all recognise now that Lenny had lost the entire dressing room and this must never be allowed to happen again.

They're loving life and loving the game so more power to them.

Its amazing what bit of confidence can do to a player add into that he's scored 2 cracking goals now he will feel he deserves to be part of this squad now fair play to the guy we all wrote him off I'm sure he knew we never rated him but he's like a new player it's brilliant wit ange has done to some of these players

Fucking hell!! All this lovey dovey niceness on the noise feels strange!! No negative threads, no player bashing, people being nice to each other.....odd.....get barkas back in goals!!!!
Ralston has been a revelation so far and I hope he continues to improve. This is exactly what happens when you have a forward thinking manager who wants to properly coach & teach already skillful players so that they can develop further and go on to better things (hopefully still wearing the hoops).

You can clearly see our players are thriving under this new management style and have regained their love for the game. This will only increase when they start to win things again.

Now like Rodgers, this might only be a short & medium term fix where these methods cause players to start to burn out after a couple of years, but the difference may well be that Ange loves to develop youngsters too so that you can sell on a star player or two each window but the team isn't harmed too much as we already have a first team ready replacement to step in - they will already have some first team experience, know their role and are encouraged to put their own style on it by displaying their individual skillset.

On the other note, isn't it strange how our most loyal fans who follow follow Celtic have disappeared recently as they only ever appear on here to gloat and argue with everyone after a poor result for us! This is very unusual behaviour for a bhoy. Personally I can't understand why WC hasn't banned an obvious troll who openly boasts about only coming on here (and other Celtic chat sites) to fight with us "plastic fans"/"widden Tims"! Maybe WC is afraid that the Thatcher millionaire will hire QC Donald Findlay to take him to court for banning him from the Noise?

Last edited:
Ralston has been a revelation so far and I hope he continues to improve. This is exactly what happens when you have a forward thinking manager who wants to properly coach & teach already skillful players so that they can develop further and go on to better things (hopefully still wearing the hoops).

You can clearly see our players are thriving under this new management style and have regained their love for the game. This will only increase when they start to win things again.

Now like Rodgers, this might only be a short & medium term fix where these methods cause players to start to burn out after a couple of years, but the difference may well be that Ange loves to develop youngsters too do that you can sell on a star player or two each window but the team isn't harmed too much as we already have a first team ready replacement to step in - they will already have some first team experience, know their role and are encouraged to put their own style on it by displaying their individual skillset.

On the other note, isn't it strange how our most loyal fans who follow follow Celtic have disappeared recently as they only ever appear on here to gloat and argue with everyone after a poor result for us! This is very unusual behaviour for a bhoy. Personally I can't understand why WC hasn't banned an obvious troll who openly boasts about coming on here (and other Celtic chat sites) to fight with us "plastic fans"! Maybe WC is afraid that the Thatcher millionaire will hire QC Findlay to take him to court for banning him from the Noise?
Think I heard wee clayman screamin: "widdin Tims, widdin Tims" in George Square on Tuesday.

Pretty positive it was him as he had that purple pointy-heid thing going on and a puss that looked like it had been chewing nettles through a brick, but then I realised the huns were playing Malmo that evening and it could as well as been any one o' them?

Ralston for me has already grown into such a role model for any youngsters hoping to fulfil there dream.
Would have been very easy to have turned his back on the club to look for a future elsewhere, especially when he hardly had much support from our own supporters.
But he didn't, he stuck at it and is now reaping the rewards.
Shows what a strong character he has, the desire to succeed, to man up and stay strong with the doubters upon your back, ln short a true CELT.
We still need cover in his position and hopefully another one that can give the same attitude and passion that young Ralston and Taylor have shown to date.
Delighted for the pair of them and hope they can give us what they have shown for many of years to come still.

same for me Lubo. I would add that your summary applies to Taylor as well, if not more so. Ange has made watching the HOOPS a joy again. Still work to be done, but, I'm sure we will get there.

Back