Ralston 👏

I've spent the last few months criticising Ralston and in my mind rightly so. Caught out of position, caught in possession, poor crossing and daft challenges around the box (armchair football expert 😁)....but....if anyone personifies what Ange has done at Celtic in such a short period of time it's this man. Last night we saw a confident defender who stood his ground against a pacey winger who had a few tricks in his locker. Ralston made him cut back or he won possession while staying on his feet. Only 2 weeks ago he would have dived in and gave away a daft foul on the edge of the box. He didn't hold on to the ball to long, he was looking for his next pass before the ball got to him. His one touch passing into McGregor while under pressure constantly opened up space for us in midfield. Like I said in the match thread, we won't come up against a tougher opponent in scotland, whether our media want to admit that or not it's a fact, and Ralston certainly held his own.
We still need an experienced RB brought in....2 weeks ago I would have said to walk straight into the team but now I'd say it's to battle for the jersey, it's Ralsons to lose at this moment in time. The turnaround in a few weeks has been amazing. What a player we might have. We'll done Ralston 🍀👏
Nice post Lubo and completely agree.
The buoy has given himself a chance and nobody can question his commitment.
HH

I would go as far to say.....this guy will run the extra mile...for Celtic.....He will be my No1 RB......Yes we need one other to compete......But Ralston is.......lookin good.....what a difference a manager makes.....
But if we do bring in a young RB on loan from Man City are we going to play him instead to develop him for another club to sell on for a profit? I have more faith Ange sticking by Ralston if he deserves it in this circumstance than I did in Lennon during the Lawwell dynasty.

Last edited:
Ralston has been a revelation so far and I hope he continues to improve. This is exactly what happens when you have a forward thinking manager who wants to properly coach & teach already skillful players so that they can develop further and go on to better things (hopefully still wearing the hoops).

You can clearly see our players are thriving under this new management style and have regained their love for the game. This will only increase when they start to win things again.

Now like Rodgers, this might only be a short & medium term fix where these methods cause players to start to burn out after a couple of years, but the difference may well be that Ange loves to develop youngsters too so that you can sell on a star player or two each window but the team isn't harmed too much as we already have a first team ready replacement to step in - they will already have some first team experience, know their role and are encouraged to put their own style on it by displaying their individual skillset.

On the other note, isn't it strange how our most loyal fans who follow follow Celtic have disappeared recently as they only ever appear on here to gloat and argue with everyone after a poor result for us! This is very unusual behaviour for a bhoy. Personally I can't understand why WC hasn't banned an obvious troll who openly boasts about only coming on here (and other Celtic chat sites) to fight with us "plastic fans"/"widden Tims"! Maybe WC is afraid that the Thatcher millionaire will hire QC Donald Findlay to take him to court for banning him from the Noise?
Name names and I will have a look....

If Tony Ralston is to be unseated then it is not fair to do it with a loan player, sign someone and provide competition for both to ensure they will fight when required to keep the jersey, also allow a rotation with only Celtic signed players and long term loanees, any loan players have to come with a three year contract so we can develop our youngsters to take their jersey when it suits us.

If Tony Ralston is to be unseated then it is not fair to do it with a loan player, sign someone and provide competition for both to ensure they will fight when required to keep the jersey, also allow a rotation with only Celtic signed players and long term loanees, any loan players have to come with a three year contract so we can develop our youngsters to take their jersey when it suits us.
How's it going boat.1916
Naw that's that's not a typo, not mine anyway. ;)

So what has changed for Ralston is it better coaching is he being told to play with his head rather than his heart. Is it the style of play we are using who knows what we are seeing is a better player who still has a bit to learn but with more games comes the experience he needs watched him today and he held his defensive position better and linked up well when advanced

Back