Res 12 - Have We Been Betrayed?

I am not ashamed to say that I'm terrified of this situation, if Celtic don't do the right and honourable thing and push this at least to UEFA n CAS and are found complicit with the SFA in breaking rules and selling out every Celtic supporter, then there is only one course of action for us, the removal of every director.
This is an horrific thought with enormous consequences for every aspect of Celtic Football Club. With the probability that our directors are not going to do the honorable thing and walk, it is up to us to force the issue, this would involve starving the club of every penny we give them, boycotts and organized demos to name a few.
These actions have never been taken lightly of course but in this matter, it's the only way to go. The team would fall and results would become meaningless as it could take years.
The directors really don't want a civil war with us as we will win but the costs would be huge to the Club.

Please don't force our hand, peter et all, just do your jobs properly and enforce the rules and fair play that we stand for and demand.

I'm sure most supporters agree res 12 should be pursued and feel completely let down when theres overwhelming evidence of fraud and underhand dealings going on including from within our own club. Is been as clear as day for some time though that the board have no appetite for it so the statement on Friday although a sore one was not at all surprising.

I am not ashamed to say that I'm terrified of this situation, if Celtic don't do the right and honourable thing and push this at least to UEFA n CAS and are found complicit with the SFA in breaking rules and selling out every Celtic supporter, then there is only one course of action for us, the removal of every director.
This is an horrific thought with enormous consequences for every aspect of Celtic Football Club. With the probability that our directors are not going to do the honorable thing and walk, it is up to us to force the issue, this would involve starving the club of every penny we give them, boycotts and organized demos to name a few.
These actions have never been taken lightly of course but in this matter, it's the only way to go. The team would fall and results would become meaningless as it could take years.
The directors really don't want a civil war with us as we will win but the costs would be huge to the Club.

Please don't force our hand, peter et all, just do your jobs properly and enforce the rules and fair play that we stand for and demand.

Who is it again that continually states the phrase “without fear or favour”?

I’m sure these words will be fired at him at the up coming AGM.

As an aside.....I’m expecting a squirrel or two to appear sometime soon

The board has asked shareholders to vote this Down and to me that is betrayal by our own club, I as a celtic supporter and small shareholder as well as my family members will be voting for Res 12 to pass. And I ask all share holders to vote for Res 12. This fraud has to be forced and pursued through at the AGM or during our 9INAROW campaign we must show the board what not acting causes. I for one am ashamed of our board on this matter

Aye! Imatim, but what the phuq do we know,when Lawwell called us "customers" that did it fur me!
Remember one thing Michael,we are not customers we are family members,,family members of one of the biggest family Institutions in the world..
Lawwell is not a customer either,he is an employee of ours who always seems to forget who pays his wages,and why he is in our employ..
He has the arrogance of the litte General who thought his Waterloo would never happen,,
we all know the result to that..
HH.

Sure i read it back in 2014 it would certainly give them an excuse to not persue it , not sure how stands from a shareholding point of view though
What if the shareholders are left out of it,is it possible for a private investigation to be conducted by the supporters through a law firm,or could a complaint be made to New Scotland Yard..
It is fraud we are talking about so I dont see why New Scotland Yard could refuse to investigate.
Maybe if this board got wind of our intentions,it might give them something to think about,or at least explain to every Celtic Supporter why they have advised shareholders to vote down res 12..
HH

The board has asked shareholders to vote this Down and to me that is betrayal by our own club, I as a celtic supporter and small shareholder as well as my family members will be voting for Res 12 to pass. And I ask all share holders to vote for Res 12. This fraud has to be forced and pursued through at the AGM or during our 9INAROW campaign we must show the board what not acting causes. I for one am ashamed of our board on this matter

Think they have enough block votes to vote it down ,maybe why they anounced this on a friday and have reccomended it voted down they will know in advance the numbers

What they are doing is disgraceful they are also giving the SFA the same bastards who have been kicking Celtic at every turn an OUT off the hook

Have a feeling this will be rushed through the AGM with little or no time for Q&A voted on and moved on

Can someone enlighten me, did Eric Reilly not resign from sfa around this time re: 5 way agreement or prior to that. I seem to remember something happened around this time.

Reactions: TET
As I commented earlier,this board is not going into our AGM without being well armed and by that I mean they most certainly have a very good idea of the voting result regarding Res 12.
But why betray the supporters of this great club,there is no logic to what is happening unless as somebody commented,their hands have been dirtied for one reason or another and they want to keep all the skeletons in the cupboard.
If the board have nothing to hide let them come out and explain to the supporters why they have advised the shareholders to vote down res 12.. or at the very least tell the shareholders why they have been advised to vote down Res 12..they surely owe the shareholders that much..
HH.

Can someone enlighten me, did Eric Reilly not resign from sfa around this time re: 5 way agreement or prior to that. I seem to remember something happened around this time.
Asfar as can remember he resigned before the final draft of the 5 way agreement , maybe someone can confirm this

It is now my belief that people within our club have dirty hands regarding this whole sordid affair and that leaves me angry ,very bloody angry .
I can only imagine how the Res 12 guys must be feeling about it all .
Has the charlatans running our club had the decency to tell those guys to their faces ,why they have got up and made their way to the back of the bus.
Somehow I doubt it
Res 12 bhoys we all owe you a debt of gratitude for all your time and effort you all put in trying to give all Scottish football supporters a more honest sport.
As for the shysters running our club the deserve nothing but the the life long disdain I will feel for them for disgracing the club I love

Methinks we very well may be about to go to war with our own Board.....the Board will most probably shut down any debate on this matter at the AGM.....if that happens I can’t see this ending well.....my gut is telling me we may have been sold up the river...

Asfar as can remember he resigned before the final draft of the 5 way agreement , maybe someone can confirm this
I am reading a bit now Kelly about Eric Reilly and Peter Lawwell and by the looks of things Eric Reilly did not resign from the SFA both he and Lawwell were removed from the SFA by a petition which had 522 supporters,,does this make sense to you.
I will read on a bit and see if I understand what is happening,but from what I have read so far it was not onlt sevco who were involved in the Big Tax Case..
It say,s here...
For the benefit of all concerned it is imperative that Stewart Regan and his SFA compatriots are seen to apply the same rule of thum for all clubs within its association/leagues ..
Whilst the SFA sat in judgement of the Rangers Big Tax Case BTC it has now become apparent that particular members of that board had infact themselves and their clubs operated such schemes so as to avoid the payment of significantly large sums of tax.
This placed those clubs at a distinct advantage over other clubs..
This goes on forever Kelly but the bottom line for us and the reason Lawwell does not want to open a can of worms is damning to us..
Of more significant concern is that the SFA board that sat in judgement of Rangers FC and it use of tax avoidance schemes included board members of Celtic FC.
It has now been widley reported and also acknowledgedthat Celtic FC also utilized various tax avoidance schemes in payment of their staff.
This now brings into question the integrity of Scottish football the honesty and fairness of Stewart Regan and his cohorts and rights to redress the ills of our football association and its ability to apply fairly rules that should be applicable for all and not just the selected one,s targeted by association.
Will Stewart Regan and the SFA now seek to ensure that board members such as Peter Lawwell and Eric Reilly are removed from the SFA immediately and a full enquiry carried out on what schemes of tax avoidance were operated by Scottish football clubs and more importantly Celtic FC who sat in judgement of Rangers FC whilst themselves using schemes to assist the avoidance of tax on players ,manager and director salaries.
I n the name of integrity it is imperitive that Stewart Regan is now seen to act otherwise there should also be a call for his resignation for neglect whilst he was/is in charge at the scottish football association.
Failure to act will result in a campaign to ensure that the government and HMRC are made fully aware and that further actions to remove said board members will ensue..

HH.

I am reading a bit now Kelly about Eric Reilly and Peter Lawwell and by the looks of things Eric Reilly did not resign from the SFA both he and Lawwell were removed from the SFA by a petition which had 522 supporters,,does this make sense to you.
I will read on a bit and see if I understand what is happening,but from what I have read so far it was not onlt sevco who were involved in the Big Tax Case..
It say,s here...
For the benefit of all concerned it is imperative that Stewart Regan and his SFA compatriots are seen to apply the same rule of thum for all clubs within its association/leagues ..
Whilst the SFA sat in judgement of the Rangers Big Tax Case BTC it has now become apparent that particular members of that board had infact themselves and their clubs operated such schemes so as to avoid the payment of significantly large sums of tax.
This goes on forever Kelly but the bottom line for us and the reason Lawwell does not want to open a can of worms is damning to us..
Of more significant concern is that the SFA board that sat in judgement of Rangers FC and it use of tax avoidance schemes included board members of Celtic FC.
It has now been widley reported and also acknowledgedthat Celtic FC also utilized various tax avoidance schemes in payment of their staff.
This now brings into question the integrity of Scottish football the honesty and fairness of Stewart Regan and his cohorts and rights to redress the ills of our football association and its ability to apply fairly rules that should be applicable for all and not just the selected one,s targeted by association.
Will Stewart Regan and the SFA now seek to ensure that board members such as Peter Lawwell and Eric Reilly are removed from the SFA immediately and a full enquiry carried out on what schemes of tax avoidance were operated by Scottish football clubs and more importantly Celtic FC who sat in judgement of Rangers FC whilst themselves using schemes to assist the avoidance of tax on players ,manager and director salaries.
I n the name of integrity it is imperitive that Stewart Regan is now seen to act otherwise there should also be a call for his resignation for neglect whilst he was/is in charge at the scottish football association.
Failure to act will result in a campaign to ensure that the government and HMRC are made fully aware and that further actions to remove said board members will ensue..

HH.
ok, yes the board used ebt one that I remember was juhinho, they paid tax due on this. During this period I think there many teams using this. I think there was also players investing in film industry to avoid paying tax.

It say,s here...

HH.
The only EBT I've read about Celtic using was when we paid off Juniho after he left us, as requested by his agent as this had been used by Middlesboro. We later discovered this usage was against UK tax law so we notified HMRC and paid it up.

I think other tax avoidance were by individuals after payment on advice by accountants - sadly something that many very rich greedy people in all walks of life do. This is different from corporate driven tax evasion by the company in order to afford better players.

Link to Juniho EBT. (sorry it is the Daily Record)

Members online

Latest posts

Back