Resolution 12 Merged Threads

Great article James although I’m sad to admit I’ve given up hope of justice ever being done, the fact that our corrupt so call journalists refuse to print any thing that shines a negative light on either rangers or sevco is the biggest problem

There are strong musings that dark forces have threatened the Celtic Board with retribution if they do not let this matter go. Anyone that has ventured on to any Hun site will know what this alludes to.

They control the press therefore they believe they will control the narrative.

I hope the Board has the courage to do what is right. We shall find out soon enough

James. What happens if Celtic don't do the right thing...or if they do but other clubs don't follow?? What then?
Not really sure that we need the other clubs to follow though it might be helpful if they did. This is an issue that impacts more on the club's shareholders than the support in general in that the club was illegally denied the opportunity to generate more income/profit for the PLC which would have yielded higher dividends for shareholders.

The board has a duty to do all it can to pursue this regardless of what other clubs think. If someone you knew robbed you and you had irrefutable proof they did it then you would want justice regardless of what anyone else thinks. No different from the case of Res 12.

Not really sure that we need the other clubs to follow though it might be helpful if they did. This is an issue that impacts more on the club's shareholders than the support in general in that the club was illegally denied the opportunity to generate more income/profit for the PLC which would have yielded higher dividends for shareholders.

The board has a duty to do all it can to pursue this regardless of what other clubs think. If someone you knew robbed you and you had irrefutable proof they did it then you would want justice regardless of what anyone else thinks. No different from the case of Res 12.
Without the support of other fans though it'll simply be dismissed as a West of Scotland issue and whitewashed as far as possible. Celtic's voice alone just won't be enough.

Without the support of other fans though it'll simply be dismissed as a West of Scotland issue and whitewashed as far as possible. Celtic's voice alone just won't be enough.
That's the way it will be portrayed by the SMSM but that shouldn't hold any sway with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) who should make a decision based on the facts. If it is indeed an open and shut case, then no amount of distortion by the stenographers will get in the way of the hard evidence presented to the tribunal. It's not Celtic's lone voice that is the critical factor here, it's the facts of the case that ultimately matter.

Thank heavens The Bunnet didn't overly concern himself with the views of other clubs when he took the SFA to court. He acted unilaterally out of a deep sense of an injustice and the desire to right a wrong. I just wish the current board would act in the same single minded way to protect our interests. If others decide not to follow then that's their outlook.

Great piece James; in-depth and informative for those who don't know the issues (yes, there are some).

I have argued for a while that I suspected that Celtic were "keeping their powder dry" and from what you are writing, this seems to be the case; so I certainly expect them to bring the mis-deeds of the SFA and the old Rangers Board to light and look for a full investigation of the corruption.

The bottom line is that to me it isn't important if Newco get punished for the mis-deeds of Oldco; what is of primary importance is that the corruption that allowed the SFA to provide a UEFA licence in 2011 at Celtic's expense is brought to the fore and we are vindicated on that. Allied to that I would like to see the Oldco directors banned from any association with a Scottish football club for life - from the professional leagues down to amateur leagues.

The cherry on the cake would be finding that based upon what comes to light that the 5 way agreement in set aside and Newco is acknowledged as a new club with a 6 year history. That would be a sweet victory.

Who knows, they may do it voluntarily to distance themselves from any punishment being meted out to the guilty parties! Paul McConville wrote a great article on the precarious position that the 5 way agreement could be used to hold Newco liable for indemnifying claims against Oldco; and the fact that the terms of the 5 way agreement would have to be published to verify this. The 5 way agreement may very well be something that they want to distance themselves from!

It could certainly be a Calrsberg moment t!

KTF

I don't pretend to have any sort of inside knowledge of the Res 12 issue, but the thing that really bemuses me is the decisions reached in the process of the LNS cover up that cross over this. The Res12 guys reference a letter dated February 2011 from HRMC in which there was clear evidence of a crystalised outstanding payable for tax that had been evaded and penalties/interest. It wasn't contested. Given LNS ultimate verdict was that there was no evidence of dishonesty, surely this evidence blows those conclusions dead out the water.

If you then take the deliberate failure to disclose as being to protect the Rangers financial interests then its a very different picture to 'we didn't realise we had to'.

Its a thread that when tugged can pull everything apart. You'd really need to expect that Doncaster and the SFA will do everything in their power to kill any attempt. Going to CAS puts us in contravention of UEFA rules - I'd have thought Celtic taking this to UEFA to pre-empt that would be the best avenue. The 'we can't get justice through the SFA as they are up to their eyes in it' approach. I'd like to think in UEFA's recent attempts to clean up they'd listen. Is that an avenue already traversed?

If Celtic do not do the right thing and really get behind Resolution 12 then I can foresee Celtic shareholders taking matters in to their own hands.

As previously stated there is undoubtedly fraud at play and the actions of certain "people" have to be forensically examined and the appropriate action taken against all those guilty. Naming and shaming is not enough.

Thee is little doubt imo corruption and fraud has occurred. We need to expose those responsible........and we will.

I pray the Board do not shirk their responsibilities to the support, the shareholders and to our culture and traditions.

When it was needed Brother Walfrid stood up........Robert Kelly stood up......Ferus McCann stood up.........its now time for the present Board to stand up. Nothing else will suffice.

FRAUD BY DECEPTION

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/notes/division/5

Oldco Rangers and SFA in my view break all the above in the link above if it applies.

As i am not from a legal background but surely Celtic must pursue both Rangers Oldco/Newco and The SFA. For Frauds commited against them and other clubs, for monies lost and reputational brand damages.

We need Justice not just against the SFA But Rangers Oldco. As newco are not the same club they should not be honoured as the same, by us, any other club, SFA, UEFA.

Should we not pursue BDO as creditors owed money from loss of SPL and champions league monies.

I use to have a wee jack Russell dog when he got hold of his favourite toy he just wouldn't let go you could lift the toy plus the dog above your head he still wouldn't let go great wee dog. The people working on resolution 12 just won't let go .it's in their teeth they won't let go.I tip my hat to theses people they have seen a grave injustice that's got to be put right.right is on your side don't let go please.

There appears to be a lot of naysayers who are unconvinced that the blatant cheating of the SFA blazers will ever be punished. I hope we can all convince them otherwise. Some battles take many years, some are even multigenerational. We all must play our part (however large or small) to move matters forward. At the moment, I would suggest that it's too easy to paint the issue as Celtic vs The Rest....and to load all the responsibility onto those at the top of our club. It ought to be a priority of those invested in resolving this blatant cheating that we encourage fans of other teams to engage to a greater degree. We can chip away at the reluctance of other fan bases to participate by offering our support to their particular causes. The SFA compliance officer and her board of Grade One Refs have let many teams down.....and left many fans of other clubs frustrated. This is one way where we can find common ground to build a stronger alliance against the corrupt blazers.

There is no argument against the Celtic Board doing more, but the strength of any wolf is not the power of its bite.....it is the power of the pack.

Tbh i do not care about other clubs and its fans. If they want to be involved in pushing for justice then they need to be more vocal towards the SFA and their own Boards and push them to join us in this fight.
If they dont then we as Celtic fans and Celtic must push forward regardless, via a truly independent enquiry or through the courts. Going to celtic games since i was 3 years old and being a ST holder during the ebt years my club must defend my rights and that of our fans in all ways. Even if that means being banned from European Football because we went down the legal route. Justice is more important than cash to me. Nothing other than title and medal stripping, public apology to scottish football clubs and its fans and a public acknowledgement that newco is not the same rangers, Celtic must pursue reimbursment against BDO ( newco is not the same club or i would be pursuing them) no matter how small the amount we get from BDO and also pursue the SFA for loss of earnings and brand damage. Nothing else will do for me. Hail Hail

Tbh i do not care about other clubs and its fans. If they want to be involved in pushing for justice then they need to be more vocal towards the SFA and their own Boards and push them to join us in this fight.
If they dont then we as Celtic fans and Celtic must push forward regardless, via a truly independent enquiry or through the courts. Going to celtic games since i was 3 years old and being a ST holder during the ebt years my club must defend my rights and that of our fans in all ways. Even if that means being banned from European Football because we went down the legal route. Justice is more important than cash to me. Nothing other than title and medal stripping, public apology to scottish football clubs and its fans and a public acknowledgement that newco is not the same rangers, Celtic must pursue reimbursment against BDO ( newco is not the same club or i would be pursuing them) no matter how small the amount we get from BDO and also pursue the SFA for loss of earnings and brand damage. Nothing else will do for me. Hail Hail

I understand your position, and I respect your push for full accountability and the harshest of punishments. Having said that, initially I would be happy with just a few of the outcomes you seek:

the removal of all of the corrupt individuals who hold posts within the SFA;

acknowledgement of the EBT years and the sporting advantage (which should result in the removal of league titles);

the disclosure of full details of the five-way agreement.

I understand the desire of many to resolve the oldco newco survival myth, but I feel in the grand scheme of things that it is not an issue at the top of the agenda. Moreover, I think 'clearing the swamp' that is the SFA and disclosure of the details of the five-way agreement will provide the desired outcome and end the survival myth by default, albeit not as quickly as some would wish.
As for full financial recompense, I feel it is incalculable and no sum of money will satisfy those who have been cheated and dismissed for many years.
I do not wish to see those who had a hand in this scam let off for a single crime, but my desires are measured in the hope they can be delivered over time. Consider the case of the physical assault on Neil Lennon at Tynscastle ( viewed by hundreds of thousands on tv ), his attacker escaped justice because prosecutors pushed for everything at once. I believe it would be more strategic to pick out the most important needs first.
We do not have to eat the whole cake in one sitting.

Reactions: rpw

Members online

Latest posts

Back