Revealed – Celtic’s detailed explanation for Green Brigade Ban

Probably inevitable I’m afraid.
You keep pushing city hall and you’ll get a reaction.
Disappointing they couldn’t sit down and hammer out the issues but it does look like the club tried that approach and it failed.
Back to the drawing board bhoys
HH

I think its a culmination of a few things, but the main ones being pics of cops and hassle of stewards, I'll bet the cops have given the board no option... Was it the GB who rushed the door at an away ground?? If so the ban was inevitable, and indirectly the flags of the oppressed people of Palestine seems to have upset the detached people in the comfy seats of the main stand.

Imo, our board are a bunch corporate W⚓️s who clearly don't know they're History. I'll wont be at the next few home games for family reasons, definitely won't be buying nowt from the shop this Christmas, will boycott buying anything from the food kiosks while at matches when I attend, will also be encouraging my kids too do the same. Aye & they can stick Scottish Cup home tickets up thur arse.

I think that protests should belong on the streets and not at football matches, I support the Palestinian cause, someone described Gaza as an open prison, I agree with that comment, Israel has a lot to answer for, our club gets dragged in the mud over this and our enemies revel in that, never give your enemies weapons that can harm you.

So what good would a couple of hundred guys waving flags and banners at a football ground in Glasgow do for the Palestinian people right now? I think the whole world is already aware of whats going on over there right now. It's on the news 24/7.
As for attacking staff and opening fire exits for their pals, they've over stepped the mark.
I thought they would have had a sit down with the club but it seems its gone beyond that.

Imo, our board are a bunch corporate W⚓️s who clearly don't know they're History. I'll wont be at the next few home games for family reasons, definitely won't be buying nowt from the shop this Christmas, will boycott buying anything from the food kiosks while at matches when I attend, will also be encouraging my kids too do the same. Aye & they can stick Scottish Cup home tickets up thur arse.
I know the Green Brigade do some mental things but I think the board have been really shit here
I get they go ott at times but guys as we discussed if we were that age again we’d be joining them
The board are needing to take the pokers out their arses and no way take their tickets away from them A get together around the table to get this all sorted
This is my opinion and I know you all have your own opinions and I’d be happy to read them

This is a load of bollox. All these reasons they've given, they could've banned them any time, but coincidentally they chose to do it after the display for the Palestinian people. Something which obviously doesn't sit well with the boul Peter and his tory mates in Westminster. Shower a fuckin shite.

Earlier today I asked the club about the Palestine flag display and specially asked them to confirm or deny that it was the reason or part of the reason why this ban came about. I have it on the record that the flag display at the three recent games was NOT a factor.

I wrote an article ahead of the Lazio game warning that this was coming.

Celtic detailed the reasons and we had the same information from the club that their contact in the Green Brigade was sent today.

These are the points that need to be addressed if the situation is going to be resolved and the 200 or so season ticket holders affected are back in their seats.

Celtic will NOT be selling the seats to any other supporters - they await a resolution and hopefully the Green Brigade will get around the table and talk through the points.

Last week Celtic quietly sent £50,000 to the Red Cross appeal to help the Palestinian people in Gaza. Celtic get the Ukraine / Palestine argument re politics in sport. If UEFA have any savvy they will stay quiet on the flag display at the game against Atletico.

After the banner at the Kilmarnock game the Green Brigade took plenty of criticism from within our support. Now they are fuelling up on popular opinion based on what Graham Spiers this evening call a myth. The Palestine flag protest was not among the reasons why this ban has been issued!

Get around the table and discuss like adults. The only winners otherwise will be the enemies of Celtic.

This is a load of bollox. All these reasons they've given, they could've banned them any time, but coincidentally they chose to do it after the display for the Palestinian people. Something which obviously doesn't sit well with the boul Peter and his tory mates in Westminster. Shower a fuckin shite.
Could not have said it better myself, Deadner -- a shower of fuckin' shite.

I know the Green Brigade do some mental things but I think the board have been really shit here
I get they go ott at times but guys as we discussed if we were that age again we’d be joining them
The board are needing to take the pokers out their arses and no way take their tickets away from them A get together around the table to get this all sorted
This is my opinion and I know you all have your own opinions and I’d be happy to read them
As many as our supporters do, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the Palestinian people, my belief is in a 2 state political solution. Here is another part of the world that has civil strife that comes from the decay of the British Empire. That is politics, we are a football club. There will be plenty of support for both sides of the argument. From the boards point of view they are following their point of protecting the "brand" and as such they are trying to keep the club safe from Eufa. As well as this they are trying to keep any ammunition from our enemies at home. The GB don't want to be seen as weak but surely they must realise that by continued flaunting of the rules they are doing harm to the club rather than achieving something for the Palestinian cause. Personally I think they need to take the time to realise that they are not the only Celtic supporters in this world, and perhaps it is time to put the best face of the club forward perhaps by putting more effort in to influenceing politicians and advertising the clubs charities and their own fund raising exploits. Let's all hope and pray for peace. HH.

The pressure has been put on our board to stamp out the green brigade displays of support for the Palestinian people who are being murdered by the hundreds daily another refugee camp bombed over 400 murdered its sickening our board has been left wanting again, Ukraine that's OK Palestine not ok its a dark day for our club.

Could not have said it better myself, Deadner -- a shower of fuckin' shite.
I agree that something could 've been done at an earlier time with regards to the GB, but I think that perhaps something behind the headlines has happened and that maybe there has been something communicated from Eufa that continued and or reoccurring displays similar to the Athletico game would have serious consequences, I have no time for Liewell but I have the feeling that because of his long ties with the ECA, he may have been forwarned in private. I still believe that the GB have to decide if they want to be football supporters or political activists. I repeat my sympathies for the Palestinian people and wish I was intelligent enough to come up with a solution to the violence in the middle east. HH

I agree that something could 've been done at an earlier time with regards to the GB, but I think that perhaps something behind the headlines has happened and that maybe there has been something communicated from Eufa that continued and or reoccurring displays similar to the Athletico game would have serious consequences, I have no time for Liewell but I have the feeling that because of his long ties with the ECA, he may have been forwarned in private. I still believe that the GB have to decide if they want to be football supporters or political activists. I repeat my sympathies for the Palestinian people and wish I was intelligent enough to come up with a solution to the violence in the middle east. HH
If the board are getting threatened by uefa then the smart thing would have been to say that’s the reason??I know as much as anyone else in here!!but my opinion is the show of support for Palestine is the main reason and if so it’s fuckin sad….

Earlier today I asked the club about the Palestine flag display and specially asked them to confirm or deny that it was the reason or part of the reason why this ban came about. I have it on the record that the flag display at the three recent games was NOT a factor.

I wrote an article ahead of the Lazio game warning that this was coming.

Celtic detailed the reasons and we had the same information from the club that their contact in the Green Brigade was sent today.

These are the points that need to be addressed if the situation is going to be resolved and the 200 or so season ticket holders affected are back in their seats.

Celtic will NOT be selling the seats to any other supporters - they await a resolution and hopefully the Green Brigade will get around the table and talk through the points.

Last week Celtic quietly sent £50,000 to the Red Cross appeal to help the Palestinian people in Gaza. Celtic get the Ukraine / Palestine argument re politics in sport. If UEFA have any savvy they will stay quiet on the flag display at the game against Atletico.

After the banner at the Kilmarnock game the Green Brigade took plenty of criticism from within our support. Now they are fuelling up on popular opinion based on what Graham Spiers this evening call a myth. The Palestine flag protest was not among the reasons why this ban has been issued!

Get around the table and discuss like adults. The only winners otherwise will be the enemies of Celtic.

WC, if you have access to the club, I'm assuming you've taken the opportunity to ask for comments regarding the issues surrounding the Scottish game in general, ie, the possible bias or corruption in our game due to referees possibly having allegiances to one club. Also, have they ever commented on the racist and sectarian abuse our fans and players have to endure on a weekly basis?
Isn't it strange that when the club go to war with our own fans, they are happy to have a wee chin wag with our "Internet bampots" but with the issues that effect our club from the outside, it's all secret meetings and silence.
Fucking cowards to a man. They know to defend our club will mean dealing with a media going after them. But for now, they will lap up the praise and plaudits from their friends in the SMSM. They will be hero's to the huns. That statue outside Ibrox for Lawwell is looking more likely by the day.

I have no time for Liewell but I have the feeling that because of his long ties with the ECA, he may have been forwarned in private.
This is more speculation. He may have been forewarned by his tory mates. Which is speculation on my behalf. Any one of us here can say he may have been this or he may have been that. We're not gonna hear the truth.
Politics is interwined with sports. Why was celtic founded?
If politics have nothing to do with sport then why are players being forced to wear a poppy to remember brits that have been killed in wars and why are players like James mcclean and now young killian phillips being hounded for refusing to wear a symbol of oppression in their eyes.
Why were supporters everywhere encouraged to wave Ukraine flags, but now told they can't wave Palestinian flags?
Are the Ukrainian people a better breed than the Palestinians?
I'll answer that for ye. No. Its simply because the so called allied nations have painted a picture of "the cowboys against the Indians" and we all know now when the truth about that came out, who was right and who was wrong.
These nations have controlled the world media for years and spoon-fed bullshit to the people who listened.
If anyone wants to know why America and the rest of these countries are giving their unwavering support to Israel, then research the Ben gurion canal.

If one wants to see the ultimate expression of politics in Scottish football, then the abseiling laud fest, followed by the presentation of the match ball at the Cesspit, is a good starting point. UEFA not very concerned about that triumphalist militaristic aberration. It is a few notches up from waving flags. Hypocrites.

Last edited:
The GB appear to have forgotten their raison d'etre . They were brought in as a cheer-leading group to lead songs/chants etc... to ''improve the atmosphere'' at Celtic Park during games - especially when the action on the park was at times ... a little dull ?

They have morphed into a rather arrogant group of juvenile egos who appear to think that THEY speak ( in Statements , jeez ! ) for the whole support .
No , THEY DON'T !
Much of what they do has been worthy of praise - the TIFO's etc... but they have moved into areas that I don't think are appropriate for a football stadium .
That is MY view .
I certainly will not claim to speak for the majority or the whole support , as too many do , including the GB .
This is MY view only .

What I would NOT do is put the club I love in the firing line for sanctions from UEFA ( whatever you may think of that most corrupt organisation ! ) which is something that could happen if the GB's actions continue .
How would the supporters feel if parts of the Ground were closed ?
No doubt the GB would issue another condemnatory Statement - which would appease those fans who had lost their chance to support their club - NOT !

I am not , and have never been , a fan of the Celtic Board . However , this ban was always coming due to the recalcitrant behaviour of the GB .
I don't bring my politics into the pub , or other people's homes or Celtic Park . I respect other's views by not imposing mine on them . I would like others to do the same .

The GB are in danger of attempting to impose THEIR views on all . That is not what they were created for - whether they like it or not .

HH

Last edited:
Back