Rod Stewart

Where did I imply anything? I posted a link to an article, without comment, as a conversation starter. I then clarified my opinion in a follow-up post.
Apologies 26 never noticed your follow up post tbh.
Still proud of the majority that once entering paradise everyone remains among a equal footing in there support of the hopes regardless of what there particular background and views within life may be, and hope that is never to change either

Rod is a multi millionaire that fly’s in to games on his private jet, it’s no surprise that he’s not working class and doesn’t have working class values or politics, he likes the Queen…so what? I’ve never met her, she looks like a nice old lady, I’ve no axe to grind, personally don’t care if she live or dies….well, probably want the old girl to hold out till we get the extra holiday fur her sitting oan the throne fur years (constipated probably)
I used to quite like rod music, mostly the 70s stuff, did watch him of the tv show a few months ago, and thought “oh dreary me”, time to retire, his voice was shot, time tae put the mic 🎤 back in the box and head up tae the loft a play wi yir train set 🚂

What a stupid thread👎👎
img]

img_0801.jpg

As some of you may know, I've been a political activist for most of my adult life. My conscience won't allow me to be anything other than a left winger. I'm still, even at my ripe old age, pretty passionate about politics. Just this afternoon I was involved in the build up to the local elections.
The Monarchy ? I have no strong feelings about them, one way or the other. Couldn't care less if Rod likes them or not. The fact that Rod is a tory ? Again, it bothers me not the slightest.
I don't carry a hatred agains any individual conservatives, they are as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine. It's just that, for the life of me, I can't see why anyone would think they are of any value to working class folk. However, I would 100% defend the right of anybody to disagree with ,
me.
It kind of saddens me that we're even having this discussion; the gates of Paradise are open to all who have a love of this wonderful club of ours.
Just to show that we cannot pigeon hole people. One of the guys I was involved with this afternoon is as much a sevco supporter as I am a Celtic man. He passionately detests The queen, and he is a staunch supporter of Scottish independence. Books and covers ?

Rod Stewart is entitled to his opinions and his opinions do not have to reflect the opinions of what i would hazard a guess, the largest opinion of the main supporters of Celtic FC. Billy Connelly is a die hard fan but he is also has a knighthood. You do not have to be of any particular political persuassion to follow Celtic although it usually is disapointing when someone can make so much money from Grace when it is clear the forces the song highlights as aggressors leading to a life been executed are of an English Unionist and monarch supporters.

They'll take me out at dawn and I will die

The love I bear for these brave men, my love for this dear land
But when Padraig called me to his side down in the G.P.O.
I had to leave my own sick bed, to him I had to go

I
If you believe all men are created equal, how can anyone pay homage to an institution that is wholly self entitled and deemed superior to all others by their birthright, an institution that is the cornerstone on which the class system is based.

I fail to see, if you believe in equality, how anyone can in good conscience support the monarchy and their ilk, and those of the so called upper class, who deem themselves to be superior and better than everyone else...
I will believe within the chaos of my own head what I want to believe. Don't tell me how to think. I have been doing it successfully for a long time. Don't assume what I believe. Not even you can infer on my behalf.

I

I will believe within the chaos of my own head what I want to believe. Don't tell me how to think. I have been doing it successfully for a long time. Don't assume what I believe. Not even you can infer on my behalf.

If you actually read what I stated, you would have noticed I made a personal statement on equality, and how in my view that personal view relates to the monarchy and all those who deem themselves to be superior, or better than others.

I did not state, or suggest, or infer, or assume, what you, or anyone else thinks or believes. I simply gave a personal opinion, of which I hope you will agree, we all are entitled to do.

I trust that clarifies matters for you in a way you can understand and appreciate...

Members online

No members online now.

Back