Rod Stewart

if he didn't follow celtic his tweets would go unnoticed a couldn't care less what he thinks at best he's a prat
I find it cringey as fuck how people swoon all over him as if he's a more important fan because he's famous 😡but I also think its embarrassing people sending abuse we all know wit Rod(bit of a bawbag) is just keep it about the fitbaw fuck his politics or his love of liz😱 there's a certain percentage of our fanbase who think they can dictate who we shud all either vote for or like if its not scottish Irish linked and anti English in every way its wrong now for me when it comes to the Irish connection I think daft things like this make it look just like a petty grievance instead of wit it is.....unfortunately we have fans like myself who have never even been to Ireland thinking their some sort of republican scholars on not only Irelands history but how it shud be governed in the future its upto the people who it directly affects we can show support but not by being some sort of kiddie on moral crusader on fuckin twitter😡

If you actually read what I stated, you would have noticed I made a personal statement on equality, and how in my view that personal view relates to the monarchy and all those who deem themselves to be superior, or better than others.

I did not state, or suggest, or infer, or assume, what you, or anyone else thinks or believes. I simply gave a personal opinion, of which I hope you will agree, we all are entitled to do.

I trust that clarifies matters for you in a way you can understand and appreciate...
I don't need clarification. Are you doing a Boyd? Your 'if's' make a difference. I agree you are entitled to think for........ (and if possible by yourself). Just for clarity and a bit of frivolity, here is my 2 bobs worth. I don;t care about Rod Steward, how much money he has and how much I don't have. I like the Queen. I am no longer political or religious. Hate the Labour Party as a matter of personal preference. So there you have it and I hope it does not make a bit of difference to any on here but I make no inferences. Just plain talking. I just believe that religion and politics of any kind should be left in your head or at home.

Last edited:
I don't need clarification. Are you doing a Boyd? Your 'if's' make a difference. I agree you are entitled to think for........ (and if possible by yourself). Just for clarity and a bit of frivolity, here is my 2 bobs worth. I don;t care about Rod Steward, how much money he has and how much I don't have. I like the Queen. I am no longer political or religious. Hate the Labour Party as a matter of personal preference. So there you have it and I hope it does not make a bit of difference to any on here but I make no inferences. Just plain talking. I just believe that religion and politics of any kind should be left in your head or at home.

Let the people sing...

In my very humble opinion, he is kinda like 'Scotland's answer to Barry Manilow, even although Rod isn't actually Scottish, but he's a Celtic supporter, so fair enough
I liked his 'Maggie May' and Mandolin Wind' days, of my formative youth, but I wouldn't take a free ticket to a concert of his
"We are sailing..."
YNWA

Last edited:
Don't forget Rod fucked off tae the South of France from the UK in 74 owing £1m+ in tax tae Wee Betty Papadopoulos Von Windsors tax man, eventually paid 20% of it so he could preform in UK early 80s, think out of all the rock types who became tax exiles Elton John & the remaining 3 Beetles at the time payed the 50% of the tax they owed so they could live in the UK all year round

Personally I would rather we didn’t have royalty as it keeps the class system as the structure. I would much prefer to have a progressive political system like some of the Nordic nations where the wealth is more evenly distributed among their citizens.
Canny be doing with all this ‘elitist’ and the Great British empire pish and I see myself as a citizen rather than a subject.

Rod has earned his money through his music but he is now part of the ‘elitist wealthy’ but I don’t have a problem with him supporting Celtic.

Personally I would rather we didn’t have royalty as it keeps the class system as the structure. I would much prefer to have a progressive political system like some of the Nordic nations where the wealth is more evenly distributed among their citizens.
Canny be doing with all this ‘elitist’ and the Great British empire pish and I see myself as a citizen rather than a subject.

Rod has earned his money through his music but he is now part of the ‘elitist wealthy’ but I don’t have a problem with him supporting Celtic.
Agreed Rose
The world has changed and not for the better, since we stopped drinking blood, from the skulls of our enemies
Or since the onset of boy bands
Or maybe it's the skull thing

Im not a fan some of his stuff is ok,I think the mans a dick but I dare say theres a fair few in this world think I’m a dick that’s just how it is , but you can’t exclude people from anything or anywhere just because they see things differently or because you think they are a dick if you start that where does it stop before you know it you’ll have people pulling down statues of historical characters because they had some questionable aspects to their life or folk demanding popular podcasters are banned from the airwaves for deviating from the straight and very narrow.
Oh hold on too late 😜as you were people

We are either a club open to all or that's just bs , I prefer to believe the former, I'm no fan of rod Stewart but if he sees himself as a Celtic supporter then I've no problem with him. , yes hes been embarrassing and an asshole of the highest order but we cant say that were open to all unless you're a Tory ( I hate the Tories) but that's an individual choice and shouldnt bar anyone . Just my opinion but a club open to all should mean just that regardless of politics etc. Obviously we are not a club open to murderers racists and the scum of the earth etc, politics and fitba are poor bedfellows and would see a wholesale clear out of the board if being a Tory means you arent welcome at CP, that might be a good thing it might not. HH

Obviously we are not a club open to murderers racists and the scum of the earth etc
Jaysus big man you've just blown the whole argument apart with that line right there.
Who would you consider a murderer, racist or scum?
How would you measure who is scum and who isn't?
One person might think the boul rod is a scum bag and another might think he's the dogs bollox (No disrespect to dogs. I love dogs). So how do we decide who is right and who is wrong?
The racist thing is a wee bit more straight forward and easier to establish.
However the murderer is not so easy. World's leaders have murdered masses of people. Are they welcome?
Of course I'm only windin you up, but that one line could be twisted in many directions......

Jaysus big man you've just blown the whole argument apart with that line right there.
Who would you consider a murderer, racist or scum?
How would you measure who is scum and who isn't?
One person might think the boul rod is a scum bag and another might think he's the dogs bollox (No disrespect to dogs. I love dogs). So how do we decide who is right and who is wrong?
The racist thing is a wee bit more straight forward and easier to establish.
However the murderer is not so easy. World's leaders have murdered masses of people. Are they welcome?
Of course I'm only windin you up, but that one line could be twisted in many directions......

As a supporter of the rights of Palestine I also support the boycott of Israel over their Apartheid policies. This becomes an issue where our Israeli players are concerned as I feel somewhat hypocritical for supporting them the same as any other Celtic player. 'Open to all' is something of a double-edged sword in that regard. Realworldpolitik is a hoor.

Wonder if ole Rod is reading this thread
If he is..."Act yer age and get a fucking haircut, ya auld boot"
The 70's called, and want that barnet back
#JudgeyMcJudgeFace
HH
If the cunt is reading this then I want a refund for a concert of his in Madison square garden that my sister surprised me with in the 90's. I thought we were goin out for dinner.
3 hours of my life that I'll never get back. On the other hand my sister loved it. Although I always suspected she was fuckin deaf!
I've just realised that I'm not entitled to a refund as I didn't pay for the ticket. Fuck him anyway. I hate the cunt even more now!

If the cunt is reading this then I want a refund for a concert of his in Madison square garden that my sister surprised me with in the 90's. I thought we were goin out for dinner.
3 hours of my life that I'll never get back. On the other hand my sister loved it. Although I always suspected she was fuckin deaf!
I've just realised that I'm not entitled to a refund as I didn't pay for the ticket. Fuck him anyway. I hate the cunt even more now!
I heard rumours of a young Deadner in a Twincam doing donuts in the Drumsill carpark with Rod's Greatest Hits blaring from the tape player.

Just watched the game on Celtic telly, for me, even though we were 2 goals up at the break, it was obvious we needed a physical presence up front. I know it's easy to be clever after the event, but I felt we were getting bossed. Second half, again only my opinion, legs went and we should have made subs earlier. We've all heard it a million times, win the battles and let your football take care of itself. We definitely weren't winning the battles. I would expect more of the same from opponents as we approach the end of what we hope will be a title winning season. I'd like to think we can deal with it better than we did last night. And because I put this in the wrong thread......ma wife likes Rod.... naw, no that wan, I mean the singer !

Back