RODGERS

Rodgers is the ultimate liar, he also took Davis with him and the rest of the staff.
He left like a bandit in the night.
European saga ends for him once and for all, I hope for?
There are no justifications. He is such a traitor who left for a poor EPL club struggling to remain in Division 1 away from the Championship ,with the probability of being sacked in a heartbeat.
That's a total disrespect for a huge club like Celtic

Spot on Millsy. The timing is the one fucking thing I'm disgusted at BR for when it comes to this whole sorry mess. Even though I believe the blame for this shambles ultimately lies with Lawell and the board to leave at such a crucial stage in the season, job offer or not, is a fucking disgraceful thing to do imo and not the way to bow out of a club you profess to support.

HH Millsy.
I dont think the timing bothers me so much because I believe the team is the best in the league and I trust them to get to 8. The Cup is a different matter because the MIB don't give a shit who's in charge when the honest mistake happens. I have to believe that lenny is the best man to see us get the treble treble

I dont think the timing bothers me so much because I believe the team is the best in the league and I trust them to get to 8. The Cup is a different matter because the MIB don't give a shit who's in charge when the honest mistake happens. I have to believe that lenny is the best man to see us get the treble treble

No doubt we're the best team in the league but it's the effect this may have on team morale especially at this stage of the season that may cause issues. A lot of players signed/signed extensions because they bought into BR and no doubt he gave them assurances of his commitment to them and the club. Some of them, like many Celtic supporters, will feel betrayed tonight and may now be looking at their own futures which are distractions we really don't need right now.

No doubt we're the best team in the league but it's the effect this may have on team morale especially at this stage of the season that may cause issues. A lot of players signed/signed extensions because they bought into BR and no doubt he gave them assurances of his commitment to them and the club. Some of them, like many Celtic supporters, will feel betrayed tonight and may now be looking at their own futures which are distractions we really don't need right now.
Oh I feel betrayed alright don't think I'll ever forgive that fucking rat bastard whether we still do the treble or not

Driven bye his own ego won 7out of 7 trophies I'll take that
There is no honour in football management or players did you really think there was. Why was there nobody screaming about honour when puell was sacked on Sunday.??? At least see the season out??? The job became available on Sunday TIMING is shit but that's life. Why not leave it to the end of the season because Leicester want a manager now not next season.
Doesn't have a clue?? Won 7 domestic trophies out of 7 fuck me that is clueless, hope the next manager when we need one is more clueless than Brendan. The special one??? That dirty cheating bastard from Portugal??? You having a fucking laugh??
Doesn't have a clue?? Won 7 domestic trophies out of 7 fuck me that is clueless, hope the next manager when we need one is more clueless than Brendan. The special one??? That dirty cheating bastard from Portugal??? You having a fucking laugh??
First point first Jinx with no means of disrespect to you. If your right back gets red carded and your first sub is to take off your right winger and replace him with a center forward the shape of your team is basically left centre and no strength on the right. Brownie left sided same with cal Mc & Ryan hardly touched a ball. (PS were sitting with a first team captain when Scott was out who plays right back Left sitting on the bench)
How many times do we need to be torn apart with the counter attack in Europe for the penny to drop our game plan may need adjustments? Secondly in regards to Marino his abilities to attract a better class of player is unquestionably what we require as we cannot even pick up a player from Hi

First point first Jinx with no means of disrespect to you. If your right back gets red carded and your first sub is to take off your right winger and replace him with a center forward the shape of your team is basically left centre and no strength on the right. Brownie left sided same with cal Mc & Ryan hardly touched a ball. (PS were sitting with a first team captain when Scott was out who plays right back Left sitting on the bench)
How many times do we need to be torn apart with the counter attack in Europe for the penny to drop our game plan may need adjustments? Secondly in regards to Marino his abilities to attract a better class of player is unquestionably what we require as we cannot even pick up a player from Hi
To be honest I was talking about domestic football. I really couldn't fathom out what he was trying to do in Europe. Also I don't have the capability (mindset) to work out the formations as well as you seem to be able to do (2 years ago I could have discussed it with you all day)

Rodgers' tactics were ego-driven.

One plan, with varying dimensions given players available.

Worked in Scotland because our players are just damned better than everyone elses. So it was exciting to watch and dynamic. Ocassional blip but overall percentages result in us winning out.

In Europe, he refused to adapt to the opposition - the ego in play; 'my tactic will be their problem.'

Only it wasn't. Too arrogant to study our opponents and attempt to stifle/combat their strengths.

And his results bear that out.

Rodgers' tactics were ego-driven.

One plan, with varying dimensions given players available.

Worked in Scotland because our players are just damned better than everyone elses. So it was exciting to watch and dynamic. Ocassional blip but overall percentages result in us winning out.

In Europe, he refused to adapt to the opposition - the ego in play; 'my tactic will be their problem.'

Only it wasn't. Too arrogant to study our opponents and attempt to stifle/combat their strengths.

And his results bear that out.
Not anything to argue about there mate

Reactions: YYU
Report: Brendan Rodgers threatened to quit Celtic after Fulham's Boyata bid

Herald Scotland report that the Cottagers had offered £9 million for the Belgium international and Celtic wanted to take the money, given that Boyata is out of contract in July and therefore set to leave for free.
But it is understood that Rodgers threatened to quit if Boyata was sold. The former Manchester City youngster was a key man at Parkhead after all, arguably the club’s best centre-half.

These reports perhaps shine a light on the divisions between Rodgers and the Celtic chiefs. With this in mind, it is perhaps no surprise he walked away
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodgers is a liar

Celtic FC is financially secure and it is down to PL business skills..
Hopefully Celtic will never be in the position they were in when Fergus
bailed them out.Rogers knew when he was approached that big spending would never be an option. BR raised his profile at Celtic,then took another clubs 30 pieces of silver and betrayed the board,his team and the fans big
time. He will now be a club legend for all he wrong reasons.

As I've said previously I 100% blame BR for the timing but big fucking questions need to be asked of PL and the board with regards to their policies and the direction they're taking the club in.

One hundred per cent agree. HIs performance getting succession planned on the obvious moves at striker and with boyata, his disgraceful misreading of the mcginn situation and his continual low rent "solutions to the ongoing dilemma in the center and fullback positions are also beyond forgiveness or comprehension. I lay the failure to qualify for the CL Groups this year pretty well entirely at his door.

In the interest of "financial probity" he cost Celtic L40mm plus from the CL plus another 10mm for Boyata by failing to get two european class defenders in for say L7mm each which is where they were on offer. That would have put our revenues well into the L100mm range for the year and the L37mm bank balance we currently have would be closer to L70mm. Facts.

While Rodgers is a piece of garbage for the manner of his departure, the alienation that led to it is at least half Lawwell's fault. Our best young foreign players come for European exposure, more particularly in the CL where eyes are everywhere and reputations are made. We hurt our brand with them by not topping up our team. If Ajax can succeed with their business model why cant we do the same? Why can't we compete in the CL when they are doing just that? The circumstances are pretty well identical. Our business practises are too consservative and unimaginatve by half.

There is lots of blame to go around here. I hope Rodgers is fired by Christmas. It would serve him right.

But if Lawwell and the board are excused by this colossal fuckup we are failing as a fan base. We need to hold them to account.

Say what you like about the stupid Huns, at least they go all out for every prize they can. We dont have to be stupid financially but we are too far the other way regardless of the line put out by the suits. If we let them back winning prizes and places in Scotland and Europe we have only ourselves to blame. We should have our feet on their necks every day every month every year. Gambling with team quality for an extra few mill here and there is unacceptable. If those clowns get into the CL groups that 50mm will be spent on players to keep us down not banked.

I am one angry fan.

Don't ever let Rodgers step his foot into Glasgow.He was using the club for his personal ambitions.
The way he left is unforgivable.The things he said,his expressions,his oath and commitment for the club with the most ironic shape,the mockery and the disrespect are marked in the pages of club's history.

One hundred per cent agree. HIs performance getting succession planned on the obvious moves at striker and with boyata, his disgraceful misreading of the mcginn situation and his continual low rent "solutions to the ongoing dilemma in the center and fullback positions are also beyond forgiveness or comprehension. I lay the failure to qualify for the CL Groups this year pretty well entirely at his door.

In the interest of "financial probity" he cost Celtic L40mm plus from the CL plus another 10mm for Boyata by failing to get two european class defenders in for say L7mm each which is where they were on offer. That would have put our revenues well into the L100mm range for the year and the L37mm bank balance we currently have would be closer to L70mm. Facts.

While Rodgers is a piece of garbage for the manner of his departure, the alienation that led to it is at least half Lawwell's fault. Our best young foreign players come for European exposure, more particularly in the CL where eyes are everywhere and reputations are made. We hurt our brand with them by not topping up our team. If Ajax can succeed with their business model why cant we do the same? Why can't we compete in the CL when they are doing just that? The circumstances are pretty well identical. Our business practises are too consservative and unimaginatve by half.

There is lots of blame to go around here. I hope Rodgers is fired by Christmas. It would serve him right.

But if Lawwell and the board are excused by this colossal fuckup we are failing as a fan base. We need to hold them to account.

Say what you like about the stupid Huns, at least they go all out for every prize they can. We dont have to be stupid financially but we are too far the other way regardless of the line put out by the suits. If we let them back winning prizes and places in Scotland and Europe we have only ourselves to blame. We should have our feet on their necks every day every month every year. Gambling with team quality for an extra few mill here and there is unacceptable. If those clowns get into the CL groups that 50mm will be spent on players to keep us down not banked.

I am one angry fan.

Lawell seems to be Teflon no matter his failings MFB.

HH.

Lawell seems to be Teflon no matter his failings MFB.

HH.
I think we cannot afford this any longer. Yes he bleeds Celtic in a way the Rodgers obviously didnt. But then his job and career arent subject to the same demands that Rodgers was and is. Success is defined in different ways.

What has changed in the last five years is the scale of rewards for success in Europe relative to the rewards avaliable for success in Scotland. Although our pride is defined by Scottish trophies in reality monetarily they are significant largely as benchmarks for European qualification.

We havent adjusted our budgeting to reflect this change in opportunity cost. The cost of failure in Europe as long as we succeed in Scotland has shifted for good. The irony is that preparing for one will make us better for the other as long as the "one" is Europe and the "other" is Scotland. Ten years ago the relative importance was reversed. TV deals were better in Scotland and much less in Europe. We must make our #! priority fielding a strong enough team to assure qualification to the CL groups. In doing so that takes care of domestic challenges as well. This means focus on the back end of the starting side and not just the front even if it increases aggregate expenditures.

Anything else is as much a betrayal of our essence as a club as was Rodgers disgraceful exit.

Rodgers and Lawwell: Two sides same coin.

To be honest I was talking about domestic football. I really couldn't fathom out what he was trying to do in Europe. Also I don't have the capability (mindset) to work out the formations as well as you seem to be able to do (2 years ago I could have discussed it with you all day)
Onwards and upwards Jinxy good points tonight really need them to just stable the ship????

Back