RODGERS

Sorry mate but don't agree ,fuck qualifying for its a big deal to us.A mean AEK Athens put us out and theyre shite,am happy just qualifying,brings in the dosh and gives our fans what they deserve
I was sharing my warnings about AEK back then at Celtic blog.I was trying to tell AEK is a weak team but they had a specific composure.Our ex-coach didn't know that.His tactics were quite poor on facing AEK. AEK is only playing with counterattacks.They are very tight defensively while parking the bus at the same time.Even when they come up to attack they leave defenders behind them closing in to each other and protecting their goal area.Our ex-coach was waiting for them to make a mistake and be exposed but he was wrong as I have been stating previous year when we faced them.AEK is no quality team, they are poor and they are no match in terms of attack but they caught you off guard when you are exposed on defence because they use only counterattacks.If I was the coach none of this would have happened.But Rat fraudgers was only tippy tappy and at deff very flatty.That is the reason.

With more and more qualifiers each year for the ''wee teams'' like Celtic who actually win their league , and more and more ''big teams'' who couldn't win their league if it was a two horse race being ushered into the group stages , then qualifying for the groups is a big deal .
FFS , getting to the last 16 is a huge achievement for teams in Celtic's position who are made to complete more tasks than in the F*cking Crystal Maze just to compete !

Back