Ross County v Celtic - Saturday 12 September, Kick-off 3pm. (live on Ross County PPV) - all comments here

Perhaps the only benefit of following Celtic from outside the UK is live broadcasts of Celtic TV. I'm sure there's something painfully contractual with the sports networks there which prevents Celtic TV from broadcasting live inside the UK, so suffice to say smaller clubs can make a killing on broadcasting Celtic games live if they can swing it. I'd slap down 12 quid or whatever to watch Celtic if it was the only available option rather than pray that Hesgoal-dot-com comes through.

I think it's hilarious that John Hartson is part of the Ross County broadcast team -- I guess Celtic TV isn't big enough for both Gordon Strachan and Big John on the same screen.

The game? Oh yeah. I can't remember what I had on Superbru, but I think it was 3-0 us, Beaton be damned.

I'm all for Ross County charging fans to watch the game, it's their home game and with no SKY it's a way for them to make some $ without being able to attract a few thousand through the gate.

Hopefully they get 10,000+ paying customers. And the club chairmen start to think that once the latest TV deal ends this might be the way forward to bring in more money into the game.
I have said a few times, I've had celtic TV for 16years, but would love to be able to watch other live Scottish games too... but hey I've no access to them.
A online, Scottish Football Site with pay per view games would surely bring in more money then £30 million per year?
The sky deal represents just £500,000 per game that they show. Surely the Scottish game could get 300,000 world wide subscribers at £100 a season to match the sky deal? Plus the other knock on cash incentives like advertising etc that a website attracting that many users would bring.

The starting XI for the dingwall game has got me slightly perplexed (didn't sleep much last night do a slippy and getting the excuses in early ) . I like most , perhaps all would hope to see the return of a 3-5-2 to accommodate eddy and ajeti up front , with Christie in the hole behind them.Barkas in goal and from there it starts to become difficult to predict which way lenny will go ( as always ). If we play with a back 3 I would guess that we will see Duffy get his debut in that lovely light green away top. Julien I think will play leaving a place up for contention in that back line, Ajer (whose forms dropped off slightly but enough that it could see him make way for either Bitton or El hamed . I think that bitton may get the nod if we play this formation. Leaving 4 starting places up for grabs , will lenny stick with broony for this one? I think yes he'll start and calmac also with moi and Forrest on our flanks but then as I look at that again I'm not so sure as that doesn't allow for wingbacks like Taylor or frimpong but do we need that against county? Perhaps we do and it's this that's got me very unsure of what the starting XI will look like. Forrest has been tracking back more so of late has moi though? And will we be doing much tracking back anyway? Ifvwe get the attacking line right then it shouldn't be a problem who plays at the back what do you bhoys and girls think? Will lenny revert to 3-5-2 at dingwall? Not always the easiest place to go and county have a decent record of scoring at home or will he wait until back at CP for the change back? I dont know but whatever the starting XI is we should be able to come away with the 3 points I dont see the players being intimidated by the 300 county fans lol but this will be interesting to see andvifvim wrong well I'll take responsibility for thatv 😆and perhaps itll give an insight (a wee one) into the mindset of lenny HH COYBIG ☘

This is what I think Neil will start with (not necessarily what I would pick):

Barkas
Jullien Duffy Ajer
Broony
Forrest CalMac Christie Elyounoussi
Edouard Ajeti​

I hope Turnbull, Frimpong & Klimala all get a good run out too. I'd be tempted to start Bitton instead of Ajer as he reads the game better and is much calmer.

This is what I think Neil will start with (not necessarily what I would pick):

Barkas
Jullien Duffy Ajer
Broony
Forrest CalMac Christie Elyounoussi
Edouard Ajeti​

I hope Turnbull, Frimpong & Klimala all get a good run out too. I'd be tempted to start Bitton instead of Ajer as he reads the game better and is much calmer.
Well that's pretty much the same as I thought though ajers dropped off a little of late whilst bitton has been going from strength to strength as he gets more games under his belt , I do like yourself see frimpong and possibly polish paddy get a run out with the 5 subs rule heres hoping lenny returns to 3-5-2 but I'm no manager so what do I know ? HH

I see most going with Ajeti and Eddy up front. Let's not forget Klimala was here 1st and likely fitter than Ajeti. Klimala has done nothing wrong and i feel he deserves a run to see properly if he can cut it.
Stevie - I went for the team I thought Lenny would play. But I agree, I'd like to see Klimala start - he is faster and more physical so may be a superb foil for Eddy (and if we were enough in front I'd take of Eddy for Ajeti to see if he can make an effective pairing with Polish Paddy).

However, I think Lenny will see if Ajeti & Moi can recapture their partnership at Basel so will start them both.

Ross County v Celtic Preview – 3-5-2, Shane Duffy and the Ajeti-Edouard Roadshow...

Untitled.jpg

It is great to see how many different teams we can play tomorrow for me that is a sign of just how good this squad is becoming. Must be a nightmare for an opposing manager trying to work out which way we will line out. I like everyone else has no idea and that decision rests on one man only. I would expect and hope we go 3 at the back, duffy center Jules right ajer left. Scottie holding in front. El ham right with Forrest as a left wing back. Cal and Chris behind a front 2 of eddy and polish paddy. Think we may well use the 5 subs also tomorrow and predict a 4 níl win

Bitton supposedly has a knee injury from the international game nothing too serious
Stevie. But if he’s fit drop Ajer

HH 🍀
Even with the assist for the second last time out and looks comfortable enough on the left but a great problem to now have as I would have no problem with Bitton starting either in any game. But it is Neil Lennon so anything could happen with team selection

Back