Sack Rodgers NOW!!

Tryin' my best to process my thoughts and feelings at the present time. Reading the opinions of you good folk it would seem I'm not alone. The blame game has been brought out from the cupboard, revived, embroidered, embellished to maximise our arguments and opinions in order to fathom why, what, who etc etc.

And you know what? That's exactly as it should be. As it happens I don't think removing the manager from his job at this critical part of the season would be in any way helpful. I don't particularly like the bloke, I certainly don't like his brand of insomnia-curing football; I just think for better or worse we need to let things play out.

If I genuinely thought it would improve our chances I wouldn't hesitate. End of a barren season, though ?

The major problem, as I see it, is managers come and go: board members are fixtures.

So basically board didn't do right but Fran ?
Tryin' my best to process my thoughts and feelings at the present time. Reading the opinions of you good folk it would seem I'm not alone. The blame game has been brought out from the cupboard, revived, embroidered, embellished to maximise our arguments and opinions in order to fathom why, what, who etc etc.

And you know what? That's exactly as it should be. As it happens I don't think removing the manager from his job at this critical part of the season would be in any way helpful. I don't particularly like the bloke, I certainly don't like his brand of insomnia-curing football; I just think for better or worse we need to let things play out.

If I genuinely thought it would improve our chances I wouldn't hesitate. End of a barren season, though ?

The major problem, as I see it, is managers come and go: board members are fixtures.
The majority of the Celtic supporters have no love for the current board, but our problem lies with the biggest shareholder, DD has his men in place to continue to make him more money and until he sees that he is not getting the returns he wants /needs, nothing will change. The truth of this situation doesn't leave us with much hope. The title has still to be won or lost and he will wait till it's over before he does anything. As in the past, our club doesn't seem to understand that progression ambition is needed to move a business forward and a lack of these things inevitably leads to atrophy and decline. HH.

That's not strictly true and I know Fran and understand his reasons for taking the job, the manage in the biggest league in women's football and no doubt with a big rise in salary. The team is underfunded. Our changes from the bench weakened us yesterday and we are spending around a third of them.

They are dreaming about a double Treble for both men and women.

Worth reading some of the content I've posted today re our situation, the article from a reader (Bob) on the Board for instance....

And this on Sutton missing the point re Rodgers, by ignoring the Baord's role in this mess...

I agree with Bob's view. The board have shafted us. But Rodgers does not get away scot-free as his tactics and team selections have hindered us rather than progressed us as an "elite" manager should be able to.

Just been sent a message that’s been doing the rounds club are holding back with a statement of the accounts to Dec just the £92m in the bank! 😡I predict a Riot as the song says!
We must be the only company in the world who holds back releasing an excellent annual finacial report because it is too good! It is a crazy situation we find ourselves in.

Cue a lecture from an expert about how we definitely cannot afford to buy better players...!

Members online

Latest posts

Back