Sad news Andy Goram suffering from cancer

Can you remind me - am I one of your alter-egos? I think the Classless One said I was one of your many personalities, so just checking if you are paying my gas bill this month or do I need to pay it myself?

Mind you, my bills would not even exist if my entire existence is just a part of your Matrix and I am not real! (I've got a sore head now just thinking about this)
What if we are all SPs alter-egos 😱😱....what of we are all just voices and personalities in his head!! We think we are just getting on with real life in reality we are all part of one man's sub-conscience....and when we post on here we are really just SP at his computer chatting to himself through his multiple personalities!!!! Makes more sense than that crazy big bang theory or the whole Adam and eve nonsense!!
If it's any consolation to either of you - then neither of you are psychotic enough to dwell in my fractured psyche.

These inner demons are 24-hour party people and if you were really wondering aboot Jfanny, Dhoopster, clay et al - then they're up here in the construct getting their arses handed to them in the narcissistiholics anonymous section of my Corpus Christie callosum.

I'll spare you further details.......you lads are both good family men, but in order to give you an idea, Channel 4 would have a wee red triangle in the corner and there would be warnings about graphic and violent sexual imagery which viewers may find offensive.

This is probably as good a time as any to share my own experiences of cancer as well, scotcel.

Little over three-years ago, I went to the Docs to demand that they pull my tonsils out because the wee fuckers were gypping me something awful. It was even affecting my karaoke performance and I couldn't be having that. Kinda lucky really because that's when they sent me to the phlebotomy dept for blood tests and then for a wee biopsy.

Transpired that it wasn't the tonsils after all, but my luck was really in - as it had been identified at a very, very early stage. I have to get growths sliced off every few months and regular blood flushes. I get tired and have to take medication that makes me pish like a drain, but beyond that it hasn't affected me too badly. I know what's coming now and I pretty much know when it's coming too. I wasn't blessed with common sense or the powers of logic and reason - I still smoke too much and drink far too much, but life's too long to contemplate it without a fag or 20 and a pint or 10.

I'm in relatively good health for my age. I don't drive, so I walk a lot. I have an active metabolism, so I'm still fairly slim. I choose not to have too many friends, but I have folk in Dundee and on this site that I can rely upon, so there are many more positives than negatives to consider.

In spite of this, I still wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy and Andy Goram is certainly not my friend, but he isn't my enemy either.

I hope he recovers and perhaps considers his past actions and deeds. He might even have an epiphany.
Glad you had the sense to get checked out early SP & if I can say to everyone on here in the Celtic family if in doubt get it checked out early.
Unfortunately I didn't take notice that it was getting harder to swallow by the time I got it checked out it had spread to both sides of my throat so couldn't operate & why I needed so much Chemo & Radiation.
Altho I am left with affects of the treatment like my silvia glands are shot so my mouth is dry all the time and can't eat bread potato's ect
My jaw & teeth have calcified & a few have broken off but the one that affects me most is what they call Chemo Fog Brain where I lose my concentration.
That the can probably guess by the length of my first post on this subject lol
I know I'm lucky to still be here and enjoy Ange's Celtic.
The cancer centre has a physiologist attached who goes around us.
He asked did I ever feel depressed, yes I answered, when was that he asked?
When the rangers won the league I replied. He didn't see the need to visit me again, HH

Glad you had the sense to get checked out early SP & if I can say to everyone on here in the Celtic family if in doubt get it checked out early.
Unfortunately I didn't take notice that it was getting harder to swallow by the time I got it checked out it had spread to both sides of my throat so couldn't operate & why I needed so much Chemo & Radiation.
Altho I am left with affects of the treatment like my silvia glands are shot so my mouth is dry all the time and can't eat bread potato's ect
My jaw & teeth have calcified & a few have broken off but the one that affects me most is what they call Chemo Fog Brain where I lose my concentration.
When the rangers won the league I replied. He didn't see the need to visit me again, HH
Good advice Scotcel great to see your on the mend and despite what you've been through you retained a good sense of humour. HH 🍀

I wish I could take credit for having foresight, scotcel, but that would be stretching it in my case.

I used to have regular problems with my tonsils when I was a nipper through to my early teenage years and I genuinely thought it it was just a recurrence of that issue; however - it only really emphasises your main point, which is that we have to overcome this stigma of going to the doctor if we're not sure or concerned about something.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best in that regard and I'm usually one for just letting nature take/run it's course. I'm prepared to bet my tonsils that there are many more like me who prefer the 'no news is good news' approach to modern medicine.

You raise another really great point and one that I think which is extremely vital to recovery: any variation of cancer can be all-consuming. It can overcome your entire thought process and it can often become your defining characteristics to others. Just a personal opinion, but I feel it really helps to have that outside interest which allows you to focus on something that isn't related to therapy, treatment, radiology or medication and that's where Celtic and distractions (such as this site) come into play. Even that mob winning has some benefit, as even that gives you an outlet to vent some spleen/frustration/anger.

You may feel you're lucky to be here, scotcel - but don't undersell your own courage, endurance and strength to fight through this. Any kind of treatment needs the patient to have to have the will to fight - especially anything beyond stage II, so I think you have to give yourself a huge pat on the back for having the determination to take the challenge on.

One final thought for you, mate........there's a good chance that at least one person in the 3,000 or so members of this site who will have read your comment and decided to pay a wee visit to the GP. That person (they may or may not contribute, but he/she is out there) will be given some bad news, but good in the sense that they will get that news early enough to start treatment at an early stage.

Take pleasure in the fact that I guarantee your comment and your experience is likely going to save a life or three

Keep punching slugger HH

I wish I could take credit for having foresight, scotcel, but that would be stretching it in my case.

I used to have regular problems with my tonsils when I was a nipper through to my early teenage years and I genuinely thought it it was just a recurrence of that issue; however - it only really emphasises your main point, which is that we have to overcome this stigma of going to the doctor if we're not sure or concerned about something.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best in that regard and I'm usually one for just letting nature take/run it's course. I'm prepared to bet my tonsils that there are many more like me who prefer the 'no news is good news' approach to modern medicine.

You raise another really great point and one that I think which is extremely vital to recovery: any variation of cancer can be all-consuming. It can overcome your entire thought process and it can often become your defining characteristics to others. Just a personal opinion, but I feel it really helps to have that outside interest which allows you to focus on something that isn't related to therapy, treatment, radiology or medication and that's where Celtic and distractions (such as this site) come into play. Even that mob winning has some benefit, as even that gives you an outlet to vent some spleen/frustration/anger.

You may feel you're lucky to be here, scotcel - but don't undersell your own courage, endurance and strength to fight through this. Any kind of treatment needs the patient to have to have the will to fight - especially anything beyond stage II, so I think you have to give yourself a huge pat on the back for having the determination to take the challenge on.

One final thought for you, mate........there's a good chance that at least one person in the 3,000 or so members of this site who will have read your comment and decided to pay a wee visit to the GP. That person (they may or may not contribute, but he/she is out there) will be given some bad news, but good in the sense that they will get that news early enough to start treatment at an early stage.

Take pleasure in the fact that I guarantee your comment and your experience is likely going to save a life or three

Keep punching slugger HH
Thanks for your kind words SP, to finish off on the important issue of getting cancer early, the year before my diagnosis of cancer my brother got bowl cancer
because they got it early he had a minor operation to remove it followed up with a couple of chemo sessions to make sure all gone.
The only thing they told him don't drink cold water the day after chemo.
He is back to a normal life.
As you say SP to all on here please get checked out if any issues.
Ps I had to beat cancer as I hated seeing my ex wife so happy.

Back