Saddest news as Celtic legend Billy McNeill passes away - messages of condolence here please

Its funny to think my name iwll be read out someday. Lol long time hopefully. The pope will read a prayer for me and many others.

Humbling

Last edited by a moderator:
The greatest celt ever. lov the pic the club chose, young freckle faced, a giant and a gent
619043-billy-mcneill.jpg

The greatest celt ever. lov the pic the club chose, young freckle faced, a giant and a gent
619043-billy-mcneill.jpg

Did you know him? Met him at Celtic Park in hospitalitya couple of times but didn’t him personally. Good guy by all accounts a bloody brilliant footballer

Wow! Gil Scott-Heron's dad played for Celtic?! That is so awesome!

I seen the great man play live in Scotland many times big fella, and without fail he loved to spend a bit of time talking about his father, his death was actually announced from a publisher in the Grassmarket in Edinburgh, that's where his publisher had an office, he actually wrote a poem about Celtic called The Great Ones, which obviously talks about the Celtic players of the past.
Gil Scott Heron loved playing in Scotland and as I said earlier, when he played live and talked about his Da, the roof would come off the venue, there is a lot of stuff on the web about this big fella, im sure you're already on the case, enjoy mate.

Back