Saddest news as Celtic legend Billy McNeill passes away - messages of condolence here please

A wee bit of history of Billy,Blantyre had two junior football teams
Blantyre Celtic and Blantyre Vic,s who played in blue and white so when they met in the league it became a local old firm game,now Billy played for the Vic,s before he moved to Celtic so took part in some of the games.on the other side we had Jinky playing for Blantyre Celtic I don't know for sure if they ever played against each other?? So we had two of our greatest playing in the same place,there was about 100yards between thier grounds in fact when they played each some of thier players would walk back across the waste ground to thier own dressing room, I wonder if the ever met with each other back then,as a boy watched both teams but never thought I was watching two players who would play in Celtic,s great team just a wee memory of the man who lead our team with dignity thank you Billy you were a fantastic watch HAIL HAIL CESAR God Bless you

I'll be honest here Maria I couldn't remember how to spell it. So looked at a couple of post then I saw one that used that version so I used that myself. Taught myself a lesson DONT trust to people called BILL

???

from "the Celtic Star"
Celtic supporters, indeed football fans the world over have been adding to the tributes to the Greatest Ever Celtic captain Billy McNeill. There’s no tribute from Leicester City on their official twitter feed – must be one of the few clubs not to have paid their respects – and there has been nothing that we’ve seen from Rodgers himself – the self proclaimed Celtic supporter.
hhhmmmm.....

from "the Celtic Star"
Celtic supporters, indeed football fans the world over have been adding to the tributes to the Greatest Ever Celtic captain Billy McNeill. There’s no tribute from Leicester City on their official twitter feed – must be one of the few clubs not to have paid their respects – and there has been nothing that we’ve seen from Rodgers himself – the self proclaimed Celtic supporter.
hhhmmmm.....

Well Rodgers believe it or not is not the biggest dick i know today.

BR the slimy bawbag cannae be mentioned in the same sentence as the Big Man that once graced an earthly Paradise and is now in true Paradise, one of God’s eleven. I hope he keeps his gob shut coz I wouldnae believe a word of anything he said. Nothing sincere about him

from "the Celtic Star"
hhhmmmm.....

from "the Celtic Star"
hhhmmmm.....
Rodgers will probably make up some story about Billy not gettin kitted out and waiting to see if Rodgers needed him in his back room set up..... Oh wait, he already used that bullshit story.......

FUNERAL OF BILLY McNEILL.

The funeral of Billy McNeill will take place on Friday 3rd May at St Aloysius Church, Rose Street, Garnethill, Glasgow, G3 6RE.

Funeral Mass commences at 11.30am.
(There is limited parking around the area. There is a pay car park in Cambridge Street although we would advise those wishing to attend to use the Underground, alighting at Cowcaddens).

After the church service the cortège will proceed to Celtic Park where fans will have gathered, arriving approx 1.30pm.

After leaving the stadium, the funeral will continue via Shawfield Bridge towards Polmadie Road where it will join the motorway en route to a private family interment.

Florist enquiries to Anderson Maguire Head Office on 0141 423 4400 between normal business hours (9am - 5pm).

Missed the one in 69 saw all the rest like you behind the goal,the 1965 final was the first time Iheard god bless King Billy shouted from the Celtic end and how appropriate it was, we were lucky people to watch the likes of Billy my thoughts with his family Hail Hail to Cesar
My Dad took me to the 65 final(my first) and we sat in the South Stand and watched the fans erupt behind the goal when my Idol headed the winner into the net. I lost my job in 69,normally working on Saturdays, my mates bought me a ticket for the final. Bang, Billy scores the first after losing his marker, Alex Ferguson. We are behind the goals celebrating the Buzzbomb getting the 2nd. Then going hysterical as big George takes the ball off John Grieg,rounds their keeper for a tap in. Stevie scores the4th,the keeper moves to cover his near post as Chalmers runs into the box and puts the ball into the far corner. I was at Billy's last final against Airdrie. What a player and Captain we had.R I P. Billy.

from "the Celtic Star"
hhhmmmm.....
Are you bothered Michael

Back