Saddest news as Celtic legend Billy McNeill passes away - messages of condolence here please

Born too late to see Billy McNeill the player but was lucky enough to see Billy McNeill the manager guide the hoops to a league and cup double in our centenary season.

It was the first time I'd ever seen Celtic lift silverware and watching Billy and the bhoys celebrate those 2 triumphs that year, our centenary year, is something I'll remember till my last. It was not only in keeping with the fairytale nature of this club but it ensured my lifelong love and obsession for it.

Billy will ALWAYS be an icon, a legend, for the history he and the other Lions created in '67 and during the 9IAR years but for me personally he'll always be the manager who gave me my first memory of Celtic lifting silverware so thank you Billy and may God bless you. YNWA

icon.jpg

Just watched the BBC Scotland tribute,brought a tear to my eyes,,the esteem we hold for big billy is equal for all the lions absolute heroes every one, total gentlemen,,wee Bertie breaks ma heart when he talks about missing his pals???wit really angers me is the treatment they received from the Kelly and white faction for years,wasn’t really until fergus and guys like haughey took control they started to get treated like heroes they were!!
Good programme tho,?

Just watched the BBC Scotland tribute,brought a tear to my eyes,,the esteem we hold for big billy is equal for all the lions absolute heroes every one, total gentlemen,,wee Bertie breaks ma heart when he talks about missing his pals???wit really angers me is the treatment they received from the Kelly and white faction for years,wasn’t really until fergus and guys like haughey took control they started to get treated like heroes they were!!
Good programme tho,?
(y)(y)!

dunfermline 1965 (ma first cup final) Billy scores the winner
vojvodina 1967 (ma 3rd european cup game) Billy scores the winner
racing club 1967 (ma first world championship game) Billy scores the winner
huns 1969 (ma first cup final against the huns) Billy scores the goal that starts the rout!
ah'm wan lucky Bhoy
Hail Cesar/Caeserthanks for the memories
heaven's gain is our loss.

dunfermline 1965 (ma first cup final) Billy scores the winner
vojvodina 1967 (ma 3rd european cup game) Billy scores the winner
racing club 1967 (ma first world championship game) Billy scores the winner
huns 1969 (ma first cup final against the huns) Billy scores the goal that starts the rout!
ah'm wan lucky Bhoy
Hail Cesar/Caeserthanks for the memories
heaven's gain is our loss.
Good stuff coming in now MD from birth to success to immortality in our memories.
celtic captain primary.jpgD41o95UX4AASPg-.jpgFrank Mc Allister.jpg

I got to know Mrs Mcneill in the 90s when the company I was working for she'd come in ever so often and she'd go now young man stop calling me Mrs Mcneill please call me liz because your making me sound really old by calling me that and I've got my image to keep up,I said it's only being respectful of you and your husband and I was always told to respect your elders she said yes your right but not with me call me liz.I said liz any chance of asking Mr Mcneill for a couple of tickets for the oldco game she said I'll see what I can do but I'm not promising anything I said thanks Mrs Mcneill see you next week :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Another time my cousin new a friend was looking for workers that would work away from home there digs paid for them meals and extra money for being away from home and the money was good but the only downside was you were working 7 days and it was a job and finish.Right up my street money in the bank and time away from not any work where I was.

So I goes to the place where transport was awaiting and in the office was another 5 guys and we are all travelling to Swindon.So in the car small talk and your trying to suss out who is who basically who's a tim it was hard so we got there and some of us got split up onto nightshift more money involved but not for me and the world cup was on at that time so 4 of us stayed on day shift and the rest was on nightshift.
So the first week we get the head down graft like hell and get to know each other and I had said to the local work mates listen is there a celtic pub I can go too, there was but it was a taxi away and in town near the Swindon Town ground it was called the Tap and barrel it was an Irish pub and at the time the Swindon shamrock celtic supporter's were based in there so all was good.2 of my new work mates came with me to watch the Republic of Ireland game so my 2 new mates start to let their guard down ahh were celtic daft,and when we can we go to the games,right up my street as we sink another few beers I forget the other guys name but Wee Jimmy he was about 5 feet and a laugh a minute he was older maybe late forties early fifties and he had a really funny laugh liked a beer or two Celtic daft.
He was telling me he loved to wind up oldco fans at parkhead and at work and some of his then workmates he used to say get right up you ya mahogany baastart youse dream and sing about a war that was won with catholics and you don't know your own history ya mutants and you love your queen but there all from Germany ya dafties how ironic is that you brain Deads.
So he was saying to me he'd then take off his Celtic top and he'd start shouting see you's dream about King Billy but we had King Billy ya bastards and he won everything that you's would only dream about first team to do 9 in a row and the European Cup youse don't know 1690 but you fucking know 1967 were King Billy and the lions won everything and then he'd show off his tattoos and Wee Jimmy had the mutants beat brilliant it was On his forearm he had king Billy with a Celtic Top on and he's holding the European Cup on his Green And White Horse with tricolours with 1967 and King Billy Mcneill and Jimmy said to me they are so stupid they didn't notice that the Mcneill was spelt MacNeill Jimmy was drunk and the tattooist was too they didn't notice until a few days later :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::love::LOL:(y):LOL::LOL: Rest in Peace King Billy Humble Graceful Class Heaven has gained an angel that is a true gentleman YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE HAIL HAIL

Members online

Latest posts

Back