Salzburg v Celtic Match Thread

Can’t see anything other than a defeat. Hopefully it’s close but I fear that without Brown, Ajer, Benkovic and Rogic we will be struggle.

Just seen on BT sport that Celtic have NEVER won in Austria and always conceded at least 2 goals when they’ve played there..Together with the fact this mob haven’t been beaten at home since 2016 in any competition then it’s not looking good..I’ve already got my rosary beads hanging over the telly!! Mon the hoops!!!

I'm not optimistic of us gaining any points tonight. However I still hope that we manage to take more positives than negatives out of the game - e.g. keep it tight early on, make them work for anything they do get, if we DO concede then hopefully it's down to their skill rather than our mistakes, etc. Ach, what am I talking about, anything can happen Mon The Hoops!!!

Looking at the team after we have just won a double treble breaks my heart.

Lustig, bless him has lost too much pace. Hendry is a massive worry. Malumbu was a free agent. McGreggir hasn’t kicked a ball all season. Forrest is inconsistency personified. Griff hasn’t found his edge. Eddy has faded lately.

A 2.1 away win. :)

Or a 4.0 skelping.

Just seen on BT sport that Celtic have NEVER won in Austria and always conceded at least 2 goals when they’ve played there..Together with the fact this mob haven’t been beaten at home since 2016 in any competition then it’s not looking good..I’ve already got my rosary beads hanging over the telly!! Mon the hoops!!!

That is sure to work. :) I am an athiest so it’s hiding behind the couch of reality. Unless we turn up big time.

I just hope we don’t concede early!! The longer we’re in the game the better..As I said before though won’t be betting the mortgage on a victory tonight!!

Behind the sofa? Seriously, just about every 2nd bar in Santa Ponsa is likely to show it. Certainly the ones up at The Square

I think that bar has a sofa. He needs to get there sharpish to get a place though. It’s a three seater but I’d imagine about 99% of the bar will be there already.

Last edited:
Back