Salzburg v Celtic Match Thread

There is no belief anymore. PL doesn’t spend too many beans, people say we can’t afford talent, pL and BR public spat LC wage thief and yet all the fans and most likely the players are hearing is aw well lets put the ball away and give up, whits the point.

From the top. They have ripped the fuqin soul out of everything.

There were days gone by when the players where sheilded from this sh*t.

They must see what were seeing. They are not being backed by bringing in better talent to help them continually strive forward and be better.

January will see a lot of heads depending on it and what they all do in that window for me personally will see if they have a job/role at CP thereafter.

PL and BR is who my eyes are on and where my hatchett will fall. Metaphorically speaking of course.

HH ☘️
Maria, what you are saying makes a lot of sense... the players do read and absorb what they read to a certain extent.... it doesn’t make a poor player turn pish poor just as a good player doesn’t turn magical after a few kind words on a blog BUT

I’ve always thought Brendan’s strength was getting more out of existing players with better coaching and man management, in season 1 (the invincible season) he got average Ronny Deila players transformed in almost every position on the pitch and they mostly looked like a total different bunch of lads BUT that slowed down in season 2 as those players peaked apart from a couple of obvious ones like KT and Broony, now into season 3 and those same players seem to have regressed maybe in a comfort zone.... that’s why a football team needs to constantly evolve, every window needs one or possibly two players (of an immediate first team quality) added to the squad.... but it’s not happening at Celtic, and it’s not been happening consistently for seasons. We have consistently got weaker when in a position of strength, the huns must be loving this as they are actually getting better on the park and if we don’t get a fucking grip on things soon they may actually win a derby game yet.

If those Zombies beat us on the park then it’ll be meltdown amongst the fans but to be honest I don’t see PL or the absent Desmond even caring and that’s fucking scaring me

Today Brendan said that we'll have to keep on working away and sort it out.
I've heard that after every defeat in Europe.
I've also heard it too many times.
No improvement.
His record in Europe is fuckin abysmal, it's undeniable. Before people talk group stage...getting past that Israeli team was the most fortuitous result BR ever had wi us

Maria, what you are saying makes a lot of sense... the players do read and absorb what they read to a certain extent.... it doesn’t make a poor player turn pish poor just as a good player doesn’t turn magical after a few kind words on a blog BUT

I’ve always thought Brendan’s strength was getting more out of existing players with better coaching and man management, in season 1 (the invincible season) he got average Ronny Deila players transformed in almost every position on the pitch and they mostly looked like a total different bunch of lads BUT that slowed down in season 2 as those players peaked apart from a couple of obvious ones like KT and Broony, now into season 3 and those same players seem to have regressed maybe in a comfort zone.... that’s why a football team needs to constantly evolve, every window needs one or possibly two players (of an immediate first team quality) added to the squad.... but it’s not happening at Celtic, and it’s not been happening consistently for seasons. We have consistently got weaker when in a position of strength, the huns must be loving this as they are actually getting better on the park and if we don’t get a fucking grip on things soon they may actually win a derby game yet.

If those Zombies beat us on the park then it’ll be meltdown amongst the fans but to be honest I don’t see PL or the absent Desmond even caring and that’s fucking scaring me

I agree but if BR’s attributes lie in getting the best out of players, he’s off the boil big time.
Also given that why is he not a coach rather than manager?

I want everything to turn around and us to be lamping teams for fun again.

We all know we have a couple of Celtic class players but the rest?

We seem to be caught in a connundrum.

We have a board that doesn’t like spending money and BR had to bring his pal LC with him. What they have put on the pitch well its no wonder fans feel their not Celtic class and the board are not showing faith in purchases either.

Its got to change, jan is coming they all need to step up or they have to let BR go because no point having a manager who cant spend.

We need a manager who can spend wisely and get the right hungry die trying winners on the pitch.

Its horrible to watch and its sucking the life out of us all.

HH pal. I enjoyed reading your post. ☘️

Members online

Latest posts

Back