Scotland game

:whistle: A saw it coming ,telt yez all long before a ball was kicked a take no comfort in it ,but have to admit it wiz funny as fk watchin the usual Scotland car crash and there lies the problem to many scottish fans don't care they get beat they just party on on so the fkrs in charge think ,,,,whit ur we like eh,,,, and get away with it

other countrys wouldn't put up with that shite after the season we've had lennys teams and subs were baffling ,clarkes were boardering on bizzare in a game he had towin to , even with 10 mins to go ffs thank feck we dodged that bullet

:whistle: A saw it coming ,telt yez all long before a ball was kicked a take no comfort in it ,but have to admit it wiz funny as fk watchin the usual Scotland car crash and there lies the problem to many scottish fans don't care they get beat they just party on on so the fkrs in charge think ,,,,whit ur we like eh,,,, and get away with it

other countrys wouldn't put up with that shite after the season we've had lennys teams and subs were baffling ,clarkes were boardering on bizzare in a game he had towin to , even with 10 mins to go ffs thank feck we dodged that bullet
Celebrating a draw against England like we d won tbe competition ,wrong mentality we ve got in this country .

As much as i respect Stevie Clarke the mans voice puts me to sleep man

I really wish England hadn't been in the same group. It's like because we got a draw we were all of a sudden ' contenders', we never were. The celebration after that draw was embarrassing, as were the cringe worthy fartan army. Wouldn't bother me if it was another 23 years till they qualify again.

Celebrating a draw against England like we d won tbe competition ,wrong mentality we ve got in this country .

As much as i respect Stevie Clarke the mans voice puts me to sleep man
This is exactly why Roy Keane lost the plot in Japan years ago.
It was an accumulation of bullshit like this from the blazers in the FAI and the irish support. Happy enough to be there to make up the numbers with absolutely no ambition to win the competition. But the Scottish and the Irish are great craic.
Keane just had enough. Maybe his timing could have been better, but if you have a winners mentality then you can only take so much.
Scotland destroyed England yet a few days later they're through topping the group and Scotland are out. As Vince Lombardi said "if winning wasn't important, then why keep the scores"? That needs to be taught at a very young age and not this bullshit of "winning's not everything, it's the taking part that counts".
To quote Lombardi again "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser".

It makes you wonder at times why a football manager will very rarely admit how terribly wrong they can get things?
I would say Clark got it so wrong with his first sub on half hour.
Many will say the starting line up was all wrong, but in fairness, had he made whole sale changes and it went wrong he would have been quite rightly slaughtered.
But you can't excuse very poor game management.
Scotland were a man short in midfield, which allowed modric to run the whole show, without anyone getting close to him.
I can understand a manager getting it wrong at the start as everyone makes mistakes, but with 5 subs available there is always the option available to change the set up, hence the 1st sub was a like for like, when at the time the midfield where being ran all over the place.
To stick with dykes throughout, shows to me Clark is very arrogant and would question what he actually is watching during a game? And delighted now he has nothing more to do with us.
Also players need to be able to adjust as so many can be just like one trick pony's and so obvious in there play which makes them so easy to play against.
As for McGregor, took his goal very well, but hope Ange won't be using him in a defensive role whatsoever as he let's the play go on far to easily in front of him and his defensive awareness is not great either. Also think he is a long way short of being captain material for us also.
We need McGregor playing higher up the pitch to really get the best from him also.
Not giving Forrest and Turnbull a chance, when the game needed chasing was just another ridiculous decision made from the manager.
I did think Scotland had a great chance last night, but to go out so tamely I didn't forsee as I thought they had more about them than what they produced.
Just highlights how important a manger is within his role, and delighted now to see Clark is not up to scratch for us whatsoever.
Hoping now Ange can bring us a whole new tactical approach to the game as it still lacking badly in Scotland and even more so in Ireland.
Rant over
HH

It makes you wonder at times why a football manager will very rarely admit how terribly wrong they can get things?
Many will say the starting line up was all wrong, but in fairness, had he made whole sale changes and it went wrong he would have been quite rightly slaughtered.
Scotland were a man short in midfield, which allowed modric to run the whole show, without anyone getting close to him.
I can understand a manager getting it wrong at the start as everyone makes mistakes, but with 5 subs available there is always the option available to change the set up, hence the 1st sub was a like for like, when at the time the midfield where being ran all over the place.
To stick with dykes throughout, shows to me Clark is very arrogant and would question what he actually is watching during a game? And delighted now he has nothing more to do with us.
Also players need to be able to adjust as so many can be just like one trick pony's and so obvious in there play which makes them so easy to play against.
As for McGregor, took his goal very well, but hope Ange won't be using him in a defensive role whatsoever as he let's the play go on far to easily in front of him and his defensive awareness is not great either. Also think he is a long way short of being captain material for us also.
We need McGregor playing higher up the pitch to really get the best from him also.
Not giving Forrest and Turnbull a chance, when the game needed chasing was just another ridiculous decision made from the manager.
I did think Scotland had a great chance last night, but to go out so tamely I didn't forsee as I thought they had more about them than what they produced.
Just highlights how important a manger is within his role, and delighted now to see Clark is not up to scratch for us whatsoever.
Hoping now Ange can bring us a whole new tactical approach to the game as it still lacking badly in Scotland and even more so in Ireland.
Rant over
HH
Griffiths could have made a difference last night because Adams is pish

Rant over
HH
I also think (and I know a lot of people won't agree with me) that mcginn had the chance to go 2-1 up (I think) for scotland at cross to the far post. He should have went with his head, but shit out and went with his foot. He needed to be brave, but wasn't. That would've changed the game.

So it seems jam
But a whole new mentality will be needed from him, and still wouldn't be confident that he can actually do that
Agree waste of space last season basically paid to eat Tunnochs tea cakes. If any player owes it’s him. But does he care as long as his wages go in me I think he’s a busted flush. Would love to be proved wrong.
It’s really in his court now

HH 🍀

I also think (and I know a lot of people won't agree with me) that mcginn had the chance to go 2-1 up (I think) for scotland at cross to the far post. He should have went with his head, but shit out and went with his foot. He needed to be brave, but wasn't. That would've changed the game.
I thought they were chasing the game at that stage Deadner, but could be wrong.
Nevertheless Scotland were only playing off scraps as they never had any real control over the game as they let modric do that unchallenged

Agree waste of space last season basically paid to eat Tunnochs tea cakes. If any player owes it’s him. But does he care as long as his wages go in me I think he’s a busted flush. Would love to be proved wrong.
It’s really in his court now

HH 🍀
Would make you wonder jam, if he's only showing an interest now to gain a contact?
Me personally wouldn't be able to trust him, so would be inclined to want to move him on

Id rather Griff than they two donkeys up front last night even if he was unfit.Big season ahead for the wee fella .
Thought last season for him couldn't be any bigger for him, and led to believe he couldn't get himself up for it.
Of course Scotland could have done with him, but what can you do with a player who seems that he can't get himself motivated any longer?

Thought last season for him couldn't be any bigger for him, and led to believe he couldn't get himself up for it.
Of course Scotland could have done with him, but what can you do with a player who seems that he can't get himself motivated any longer?
Think that could be said for most of the team John ,not one of them can hold their head high and say they were at their best .If the new guys no nonsense then he wont be slow in getting rid ..over to Griff now .

And then we beat England 0-0 at the euros

203589822_573201927397098_5132544910936026465_n.jpg

Back